Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil/Public Sector - Ministry/Stat Boards employees knowledge needed! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4955-civil-public-sector-ministry-stat-boards-employees-knowledge-needed.html)

Unregistered 12-07-2016 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88354)
how to get in when nobody want to leave? who will be dumb enough to leave a 200k do nothing job? almost nobody leave the moment they hit AD or above level.

my CS here paid 8k every month to do a O level job. I only paid half so i give sec 2 standard..

Unregistered 12-07-2016 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88347)
Hi all, I'm currently working in a stat board for 6 months and felt that the job scope was not what I signed up for.

I'm intending to apply for another job in other govt agency through career@gov. Anyone knows if my current organization's HR will be notified on this?

lol i was in your shoes a few months back. forget it la, other agencies wont call u up one... hang on for another year to hit the magic 18 mths

Unregistered 14-07-2016 02:21 PM

What are the chances of an applicant with BA merit and a Masters (not relevant to job) and already in the civil service getting shortlisted for a position that's asking for Honours (not specified which area)?

Unregistered 14-07-2016 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88425)
lol i was in your shoes a few months back. forget it la, other agencies wont call u up one... hang on for another year to hit the magic 18 mths

Hi bro are you saying that theres kind of like an unspoken rule that they will not enterain job applications for public servants still in servce ?

Unregistered 111 14-07-2016 08:36 PM

Hi
First time switching job and intend to apply CS. Have a qn regarding salary.
When should expected salary be mentioned and to who?

If to the interviewer who is likely the supervisor/boss, then wouldnt they know your salary already? And then such info will spread via coffee breaks and potentially whole department knows the new hire's salary?

Or is it to hr only, and hr will convey to interviewer? In any case it will still spread through the department isnt it

Unregistered 14-07-2016 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered 111 (Post 88494)
Hi
First time switching job and intend to apply CS. Have a qn regarding salary.
When should expected salary be mentioned and to who?

If to the interviewer who is likely the supervisor/boss, then wouldnt they know your salary already? And then such info will spread via coffee breaks and potentially whole department knows the new hire's salary?

Or is it to hr only, and hr will convey to interviewer? In any case it will still spread through the department isnt it

when you fill in ur application form on career@gov. ur expected can be seen by the hr and interviewers.

and ppl not so boliao go spread other ppl's pay... atleast thats not the case at my side. in any case, pay wont differ much among those on the same scheme, similar years of exp and grade.... no need ask also roughly know how much your pay is.

Pooty 20-07-2016 10:45 PM

??

I am into my new job for 1 month plus. The job isnt what I sign up for. Currently, working in stat board. Can I indicate in Careers@ gov that I am jobless or should I be truthful and inform them that I currently have a job in my job application? Is it true that most agencies wont consider your application if you join a new company within 6 months?
I have 5 years of employment before I am into this new job.

Unregistered 21-07-2016 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pooty (Post 88684)
I am into my new job for 1 month plus. The job isnt what I sign up for. Currently, working in stat board. Can I indicate in Careers@ gov that I am jobless or should I be truthful and inform them that I currently have a job in my job application? Is it true that most agencies wont consider your application if you join a new company within 6 months?
I have 5 years of employment before I am into this new job.

It is very easy for your new employers to call up and check. Not to mention your records will be in SGDI. Integrity is one of the key values in the public service, so I will suggest to be truthful.

It is not true that all agencies won't consider your application. Just apply and try.

Unregistered 21-07-2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88490)
Hi bro are you saying that theres kind of like an unspoken rule that they will not enterain job applications for public servants still in servce ?

Hi can anyone advise me on this pleasE? Thank you

Unregistered 22-07-2016 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88713)
Hi can anyone advise me on this pleasE? Thank you

Obviously not true. Else how can people in the service job hopped around different agencies? You always see the peak during May - Jun and Aug - Sep period where people resign/second/transfer to join new agencies.

Word of caution. If you do apply for jobs (within the Public Service) while still in current place (also within Public Service), it is possible that they will contact the HR of your current place. And naturally, the HR will contact your boss. Especially true if you've went through the interviews and they are considering you. Not always, but may happen. So it may be polite to tell your current boss you are considering elsewhere.