Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil/Public Sector - Ministry/Stat Boards employees knowledge needed! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4955-civil-public-sector-ministry-stat-boards-employees-knowledge-needed.html)

Unregistered 12-05-2015 02:49 AM

I think his interview skill is fine as he was able to pass through more than 2 rounds of interviews. Perhaps, the interviewers in the final round may have found that, he is not a good fit to the civil service culture. Or, he may be lacking in some qualities that has nothing to do with his academic results, experience, or interviewing skill.

RedOrangeYellow 12-05-2015 08:21 AM

Is it normal to have a gap of 1 month between two rounds of interview?

Unregistered 12-05-2015 01:28 PM

2014 Pay scale for AD/DD in MOH

What's the latest pay scale for AD/DD position in MOH or other government department ?

Unregistered 12-05-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66655)
What's the latest pay scale for AD/DD position in MOH or other government department ?

V big range leh. AD can be MX11. DD can be MX 9.

Unregistered 18-05-2015 06:59 PM

What are the gov ministries or statboards that have Singtel Corporate Individual Scheme (CIS)? Plz share if you know...

Unregistered 18-05-2015 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66085)
Hi, it depends on your CEP. It is a bit difficult for me to advise.
I would need more information.

E.g: Class of honours (2.1 vs 1st class)
Intention to pursue to master in economics?

Yes. ES7 is almost automatically if you do not screw up.

My advice is to brush up on your writing and presentation skills as much as you can , especially your writing skills.

Good luck :)

I'm not the OP but your knowledge is this domain has been extremely helpful for me. Do you what is the salary range for ES7 and/or senior economist. Sorry this is a vague question, but just any estimates/numbers would be really helpful!

Unregistered 18-05-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66910)
I'm not the OP but your knowledge is this domain has been extremely helpful for me. Do you what is the salary range for ES7 and/or senior economist. Sorry this is a vague question, but just any estimates/numbers would be really helpful!

Are you an ES8 or ES7 currently? May I know how many months of bonus (13th month + PB + AVC) did you recieved for your first year?

Unregistered 18-05-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66911)
Are you an ES8 or ES7 currently? May I know how many months of bonus (13th month + PB + AVC) did you recieved for your first year?

Opps, neither. I'm in another sector and thinking of making a career switch, hence just asking out of curiosity. I have a Masters from a top UK university and have rich experience as an economist.

Unregistered 18-05-2015 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66912)
Opps, neither. I'm in another sector and thinking of making a career switch, hence just asking out of curiosity. I have a Masters from a top UK university and have rich experience as an economist.

I see. Are you an economist in the private sector? I heard economist in the private sector are very well remunerated.

gate88 25-05-2015 11:53 AM

I am a 2nd lower hons (NUS) with one year of working experience and one year+ experience in my own startup.

Is it true that when I apply for govt job, my salary will depend on my previous job salary, which means that I might be getting lesser than my peers who started off working as CS right after their graduation?

lets say my current pay was $3000, how much will i be able to expect when I enter a CS job (Engineer)?

Unregistered 25-05-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gate88 (Post 67152)
I am a 2nd lower hons (NUS) with one year of working experience and one year+ experience in my own startup.

Is it true that when I apply for govt job, my salary will depend on my previous job salary, which means that I might be getting lesser than my peers who started off working as CS right after their graduation?

lets say my current pay was $3000, how much will i be able to expect when I enter a CS job (Engineer)?

You get placed into the salary scale, since there is a range of salaries for each grade in CS. For a relative fresh grad 3-4k is around there. Your peers who started in CS will be slightly higher since they have a track record and gotten 2 years of increments.

gate88 25-05-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67154)
You get placed into the salary scale, since there is a range of salaries for each grade in CS. For a relative fresh grad 3-4k is around there. Your peers who started in CS will be slightly higher since they have a track record and gotten 2 years of increments.

So at least will have 10% increment? cause if not it will be rather low and really disadvantage for me haha

Unregistered 25-05-2015 02:06 PM

With 2 years exp, u r still relatively inexperienced and ur pay is likely to be very much dependent on ur class of hons.

N depending on the ministry/sb u can probably expect something between 3.5-4k.

Lta Fresh grad 2nd lower with ns - 3.4k
Moh fresh grad 2nd lower with ns - 3.3k

gate88 25-05-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67161)
With 2 years exp, u r still relatively inexperienced and ur pay is likely to be very much dependent on ur class of hons.

Ohh okok thanks :D

Unregistered 25-05-2015 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67161)

2nd lower I tot should be more than that de bah? I heard from my friend that he can get around 3.3k++ for 3rd class le

Unregistered 25-05-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67164)
2nd lower I tot should be more than that de bah? I heard from my friend that he can get around 3.3k++ for 3rd class le

Opps... Sorry rmb wrongly. Those were the figures for pass with ns

Unregistered 27-05-2015 01:29 PM

Anyone work in HDB as a system analyst before? care to share your experience?

Unregistered 27-05-2015 05:32 PM

Anyone know how long hdb takes to call up for interview from the date of application

Unregistered 29-05-2015 08:31 AM

Anyone knows how's working at mof finance ?

Unregistered 29-05-2015 10:46 PM

Anyone working in EDB? Care to share your experience working there?

Unregistered 30-05-2015 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67247)
Anyone know how long hdb takes to call up for interview from the date of application

I just went for HDB interview yesterday, and they conduct interview every month, so if you have applied the job during May, and did not receive notification for interview, either you have to wait for their reply in June (if you apply during the last week of May), if not, it will be consider rejected liao bah (or you can wait for June for them to call you up for interview)

Unregistered 31-05-2015 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gate88 (Post 67152)

At least a fresh grad pay if working experience is not relevant. Just go for it!
Never try equates to totally no chance.

Unregistered 05-06-2015 05:46 PM

Hi there, anyone has recommendation on govt stat boards or ministries that dont need to work like hell, go home on time, cordial place, not so political? Thinking of switching from private to public after 15+yrs in finance, accounting, tax, cash mgt in various industries

What kind of salary range and type of jobs should i expect for such a mid career switch?

Unregistered 06-06-2015 10:12 PM

just to check, if i am offered a position in hdb, will it be a contract job or perm job? System analyst job

gate88 07-06-2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67448)
At least a fresh grad pay if working experience is not relevant. Just go for it!
Never try equates to totally no chance.

Thanks! Have tired for a few interviews in state board, see how it goes :D

jrbearus 10-06-2015 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 67751)
just to check, if i am offered a position in hdb, will it be a contract job or perm job? System analyst job

Depends on the term of contract. Most of the time in public service, you are offered contract for a period of time before they convert your term of employment to permanent.

justanewb 10-06-2015 12:28 PM

how long do they usually take to get back to you. ie dsta?

jrbearus 10-06-2015 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justanewb (Post 67929)
how long do they usually take to get back to you. ie dsta?

If you have attended the interview and not selected, you should be contacted pretty fast. Else, you can assume you have been shortlisted for review. In some cases, there may be second or third interview.

justanewb 11-06-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 67931)
If you have attended the interview and not selected, you should be contacted pretty fast. Else, you can assume you have been shortlisted for review. In some cases, there may be second or third interview.

i meant how long do they get back to you for an interview after you've applied for their positions.

jrbearus 11-06-2015 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justanewb (Post 67982)
i meant how long do they get back to you for an interview after you've applied for their positions.

They should get back to you within two weeks (max one month) from the date of closure of application. In most cases, they will indicate 'Only shortlisted candidate will be notified.'. If application is made via the careers portal, the status update will be reflected in the website.

Unregistered 15-06-2015 09:40 PM

Hi I'm a final year undergrad that recently got awarded the Mid-term LTA Study Award with a 1 year bond since they're only sponsoring my final year. Would like to know from any experienced people here what's the pay like for a 2nd upper and what track would I be in? Any additional information or knowledge I should know would be welcomed. Thank you! :)

Unregistered 24-06-2015 04:05 PM

Have anybody tried applying to MSF before? How long would it take from submission of application thru career.gov portal to a call for interview?

Unregistered 24-06-2015 04:47 PM

Anyone with experience to share on the MAS hiring process? How long is the wait after 1st/2nd round interviews?

Unregistered 24-06-2015 07:04 PM

MAS 4 to 5 rounds including networking event

Unregistered 24-06-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68324)
Hi I'm a final year undergrad that recently got awarded the Mid-term LTA Study Award with a 1 year bond since they're only sponsoring my final year. Would like to know from any experienced people here what's the pay like for a 2nd upper and what track would I be in? Any additional information or knowledge I should know would be welcomed. Thank you! :)

Lta 3.9k for first class with ns. Second upper probably ard 3.6-3.7

gate88 29-06-2015 09:49 PM

Just got an offer,

Just want to know some questions like what is the meaning of scheme of service? (different stat board have different scheme?)

Grade 12? good or bad?

jrbearus 29-06-2015 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gate88 (Post 69143)
Just got an offer,

Just want to know some questions like what is the meaning of scheme of service? (different stat board have different scheme?)

Grade 12? good or bad?

Grade 12 - u should have some work experience which is related to the job. Otherwise u would have been offered an entry grade of 13 (graduate).

While SBs may have different schemes, they are mostly aligned with that of public service.

gate88 29-06-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrbearus (Post 69144)
Grade 12 - u should have some work experience which is related to the job. Otherwise u would have been offered an entry grade of 13 (graduate).

While SBs may have different schemes, they are mostly aligned with that of public service.

Yes I do have 1 year plus experience in private sector and 1 year + experience in my own startup. Thanks for the clarification. So the scheme is to determine the job progression? or?

jrbearus 30-06-2015 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gate88 (Post 69145)
Yes I do have 1 year plus experience in private sector and 1 year + experience in my own startup. Thanks for the clarification. So the scheme is to determine the job progression? or?

PM me and I will explain more.

Unregistered 30-06-2015 10:31 AM

Can anyone advise what are top 3 ministries and top 3 SB to work in?

As in work environment, culture, pay structure.

Non-degree holder here.

Thanks in advance :)