Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Got a job offer but a better one might be coming. Need advice. (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4830-got-job-offer-but-better-one-might-coming-need-advice.html)

Nik 26-12-2014 12:39 AM

No prob, although usually for every 10 applications I send out, I'll get 2 - 3 interviews. Out of 2 - 3 interviews, usually there'll be 1 job. So essentially, 1 job for every 10 interviews on average. :D

Nik 06-01-2015 11:12 PM

Hi all,

Just an update. Currently on week 2 of my new job (the same one mentioned in my last few posts above). So far so good, but I've an interview this friday after working hours, and will be going down to see what happens.

One thing I'm curious about is : when the job ad says "pleasant working environment", what does it mean?

Also, I notice the companies who put "fast-paced environment" always are truly high-pressure fast-paced environments, but if they didn't make any hint or mention of this, then it pretty much means it's a normal-pace culture?

Tks,
Nik

Unregistered 07-01-2015 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik (Post 61069)
Hi all,

Just an update. Currently on week 2 of my new job (the same one mentioned in my last few posts above). So far so good, but I've an interview this friday after working hours, and will be going down to see what happens.

One thing I'm curious about is : when the job ad says "pleasant working environment", what does it mean?

Also, I notice the companies who put "fast-paced environment" always are truly high-pressure fast-paced environments, but if they didn't make any hint or mention of this, then it pretty much means it's a normal-pace culture?

Tks,
Nik

It depends

Unregistered 07-01-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik (Post 61069)
Hi all,

Tks,
Nik

90% accurate. They have no reason to lie.

Nik 31-01-2015 04:49 PM

Hi guys, some updates here.

While working at this current crappy job for the past 1 month and my job scope consists of doing everything unrelated to my position (ie: imagine you're engineer / accountant and they ask you go warehouse pack goods from morning to night), I've finally got a job offer at a dream company.

Will be resigning on Monday. What I would like to know is: if my current employer asks me which company I'm going to work for next, should I tell them the truth? Can I not? Or should I list down a few names and tell them I might be going to any one of those?

Might be rude to keep silent if they try to press, which is the nature of this current company. Personally, I rather not say, but well...

Unregistered 01-02-2015 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik (Post 62124)

While working at this current crappy job for the past 1 month and my job scope consists of doing everything unrelated to my position (ie: imagine you're engineer / accountant and they ask you go warehouse pack goods from morning to night), I've finally got a job offer at a dream company.

Will be resigning on Monday. What I would like to know is: if my current employer asks me which company I'm going to work for next, should I tell them the truth? Can I not? Or should I list down a few names and tell them I might be going to any one of those?

Might be rude to keep silent if they try to press, which is the nature of this current company. Personally, I rather not say, but well...

Tell them you still exploring your options and you prefer not to reveal until things are more firmed up? Or just dont reply till you already joined that company (in case they jeopardize your job offer by bad mouthing you to them)

Unregistered 01-02-2015 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik (Post 62124)

I would resign only after signing on the dotted lines for the new job if I were you.

Frankly, you can say anything or choose not to say at all I guess?

Nik 01-02-2015 04:51 PM

Hi, yes, I've already signed on the letter of offer before I tender my resignation tomorrow. Life feels so good. Wonder what my supervisor's / boss's reaction will be. I really hate the resign process due to drama involved usually.

Unregistered 01-02-2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik (Post 62154)
Hi, yes, I've already signed on the letter of offer before I tender my resignation tomorrow. Life feels so good. Wonder what my supervisor's / boss's reaction will be. I really hate the resign process due to drama involved usually.

So far so good then!

Nik 01-02-2015 04:58 PM

Haha, tks! :)(