Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Singtel Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4555-singtel-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 09-03-2022 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206982)
Do you know anyone who received rejection?

dont know of any rejection so far but some of my friends havent gotten any update yet

Unregistered 09-03-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206990)
dont know of any rejection so far but some of my friends havent gotten any update yet

Were your friends from 3 Mar panel or other earlier/later dates?

Unregistered 09-03-2022 01:17 PM

anyone going the meet and greet later?

Unregistered 09-03-2022 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207006)
anyone going the meet and greet later?

Is this gonna be the final meet and greet session?

If a person hasn't received an offer before this session, that means no chance alr?

Unregistered 09-03-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207012)
Is this gonna be the final meet and greet session?

If a person hasn't received an offer before this session, that means no chance alr?

I don't think this is the final meet and greet session. Based on the forum, there are people who recceived offer few days before today's session

Unregistered 09-03-2022 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207016)
I don't think this is the final meet and greet session. Based on the forum, there are people who recceived offer few days before today's session

Will those people who received offer on 7 Mar attend the 9 Mar meet and greet session?

Unregistered 09-03-2022 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207017)
Will those people who received offer on 7 Mar attend the 9 Mar meet and greet session?

no theres another session on the 17th, guessing that will be the last one

Unregistered 09-03-2022 05:08 PM

Will more offers be sent out over the next few days?

Unregistered 09-03-2022 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207041)
no theres another session on the 17th, guessing that will be the last one

Is this the engagement session with other MAs and subsidiary leaders? Or is it something else

Unregistered 09-03-2022 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207043)
Is this the engagement session with other MAs and subsidiary leaders? Or is it something else

yes! is there another meet & greet??

Unregistered 09-03-2022 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207136)
yes! is there another meet & greet??

yes for the rest that have received offer and have not attended, v likely to be one more session, also 17th march one is not the meet and greet like today

Unregistered 10-03-2022 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207162)
yes for the rest that have received offer and have not attended, v likely to be one more session, also 17th march one is not the meet and greet like today

Then what is it?

Unregistered 10-03-2022 07:25 AM

Does it mean all offers and rejections will be finalised by 17 Mar?

Unregistered 10-03-2022 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207183)
Then what is it?

its just a sharing session by ncs for ma not meet and greet w group ceo

Unregistered 10-03-2022 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207205)

no la wtf pls dont ask dumb qns.... they can just host another sharing session right? not like everyone can make it for the first one

Unregistered 10-03-2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207238)
its just a sharing session by ncs for ma not meet and greet w group ceo

NCS meeting is in the morning. Could be in the afternoon. Anyway good luck to the rest and keep us updated on the next session with Mr Ceo.

Unregistered 10-03-2022 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207205)

HR has informed us that there will be a session in end March for the briefing on the rotation. So, I think given that they take about a week or two to prepare the contract, I think if you don't get a reply by then, most likely you are rejected. Of course, there might be people who will reject the offer, or rescind after they sign the contract so still possible for people to be admitted.

FYI, based on the email list they sent out for incoming MAP + SMAPs to attend the NCS talk, there are about 70 people incoming MAP + SMAPs so far.

Unregistered 10-03-2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207262)
HR has informed us that there will be a session in end March for the briefing on the rotation. So, I think given that they take about a week or two to prepare the contract, I think if you don't get a reply by then, most likely you are rejected. Of course, there might be people who will reject the offer, or rescind after they sign the contract so still possible for people to be admitted.

FYI, based on the email list they sent out for incoming MAP + SMAPs to attend the NCS talk, there are about 70 people incoming MAP + SMAPs so far.

Thank you for the information! I think the odds of me receiving an offer in the next 1-2 weeks will be quite low already given the list of people in the email they sent... It looks like they already admitted more people than the originally expected 60 intakes, so highly likely the current intake already factored in the possible rejection of offer by candidates. :(

Unregistered 10-03-2022 02:22 PM

Did the HR send any rejections over the past few days? Coz I also never heard back from them after my panel.

Unregistered 10-03-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207262)

wheres the pdpa? how come can see number of ppl one

Unregistered 10-03-2022 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207289)
Did the HR send any rejections over the past few days? Coz I also never heard back from them after my panel.

Received rejection email earlier today

Unregistered 10-03-2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207298)
wheres the pdpa? how come can see number of ppl one

someone hit reply all in the email LOL

Unregistered 10-03-2022 08:24 PM

received rejection today too... maybe it's a blessing in disguise...

Unregistered 10-03-2022 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207365)
someone hit reply all in the email LOL

ya not bcc meh

Unregistered 10-03-2022 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207372)

Yes. Think like that so you remain positive. good luck.

Unregistered 11-03-2022 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207372)

Yes, a blessing in disguise if you are not a yesman who has ambition to move forward and gain knowledge with real experience.

Unregistered 11-03-2022 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207461)
Yes, a blessing in disguise if you are not a yesman who has ambition to move forward and gain knowledge with real experience.

Why is working experience in Singtel not real experience? I thought Singtel MAP with its job rotations and challenging projects is a very good platform for a fast track career development?

Unregistered 11-03-2022 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207470)
Why is working experience in Singtel not real experience? I thought Singtel MAP with its job rotations and challenging projects is a very good platform for a fast track career development?

Person is either trolling or salty that he/she got rejected

blahxxx 11-03-2022 03:10 PM

The progression timeline shared at the CEO session:

Complete MAP: end of 2 years

Talent poll: 3rd-5th years

Executive (E1-E3):4th to 7th year

Top Executive (E4 and above): 7th year and beyond

the time horizon is a bit vague, take it with a pinch of salt

Unregistered 11-03-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blahxxx (Post 207545)

This looks very good sia. Can potentially be an executive after 7 years.

Unregistered 11-03-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207552)
This looks very good sia. Can potentially be an executive after 7 years.

Top performers only.

Unregistered 11-03-2022 03:36 PM

the GCEO also mentioned that out of the 25 ppl present a few days ago, they expect 10% or 2 ppl in the room to stay on throughout and reach top executive level ie. their retention is about 10% across 7-10 years for MAs.

food for thought - do they airdrop ppl into executive positions from outside bc internal MAs keep leaving? or do MAs leave bc they keep airdropping ppl? we will never know the real answer

Unregistered 11-03-2022 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207557)
the GCEO also mentioned that out of the 25 ppl present a few days ago, they expect 10% or 2 ppl in the room to stay on throughout and reach top executive level ie. their retention is about 10% across 7-10 years for MAs.

food for thought - do they airdrop ppl into executive positions from outside bc internal MAs keep leaving? or do MAs leave bc they keep airdropping ppl? we will never know the real answer

Errm I think it's because MAs leave the organization before the 7-10 years of MA. I mean you don't really see many people staying for such a long period of time in a single organization.

Unregistered 11-03-2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207557)

Please stop divulging confidential company information.

- Moon

Unregistered 11-03-2022 05:12 PM

Wait, I don't get it. Why would MAs leave if potentially in the future (after 7 years), you can become executive level leaders if you perform well?

Unregistered 11-03-2022 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207586)
Wait, I don't get it. Why would MAs leave if potentially in the future (after 7 years), you can become executive level leaders if you perform well?

Maybe you know you won't be hitting it? Or you have other push pull factors?

Unregistered 11-03-2022 05:18 PM

to be honest. Most of the MA program , no matter which organisation, is just a way for the management to discover young talents who have the potential to be given responsibility at a younger age instead of grinding all the way up the organisation

Unfortunately, not everyone who got offered an MA position, will eventually be good enuf to take on that executive role. If they don’t see that potential in you, they would just drop u to an department and u grind your way up like a normal employee

MA is to discover talents . Not to give u a safe air ticket to management position before 30

Unregistered 11-03-2022 06:03 PM

Quote:

Major bag alert

Unregistered 11-03-2022 06:28 PM

Quote:

I have a Singtel friend from their MA program.
At his 10th mark, he is only earning 160K pa

He is damn high calibre type, I think he could have make more if he didnt stay in Singtel throughout his career

Unregistered 11-03-2022 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 207606)
I have a Singtel friend from their MA program.
At his 10th mark, he is only earning 160K pa

He is damn high calibre type, I think he could have make more if he didnt stay in Singtel throughout his career

Damn high calibre then why go singtel? u sure or not.