Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Standard Chartered International Graduate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4553-standard-chartered-international-graduate-program-2015-a.html)

imeowalot 25-10-2023 04:40 PM

applied for their ventures program as a cs grad lmao, awaiting a response after the pymetrics

Unregistered 25-10-2023 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258869)
Tiagong for all programs, no second upper means straight reject, can confirm on my aide, rejected within 1 hour of completing the assessments. The email said "A member of our team has reviewed..", highly doubt it cause I received the rejection after midnight lol

But they dont ask for your cap in the application process? Unless you indicate it yourself

Unregistered 25-10-2023 06:40 PM

The IGP program is mostly worth it for those who are NOT in FO functions. So anything BESIDES CCIB is worth it.

Obviously it's no secret the base for those FO roles are only 5.8-6.1k (excl bonus) which pales in comparison to BB but is still better than some local places.

BO/MO/Data/Strategy/Ventures/Tech roles etc, it is quite worth it. For a salary of 5.2-5.5k (excl bonus), it stands at a good position compared to most of the MAP/Grad progs offered in these divisions by other banks.

Cheers

fejeva3670 25-10-2023 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258869)
Tiagong for all programs, no second upper means straight reject, can confirm on my aide, rejected within 1 hour of completing the assessments. The email said "A member of our team has reviewed..", highly doubt it cause I received the rejection after midnight lol

Even if you meet the requirement and pass the assessment they may not call you down for superday/ assessment centre. It happen to me for HSBC programme, i pass the asessment and get 2nd upper yet they only reply this
We are writing to advise that your application is still under review and consideration for a placement with us.

We recruit on a rolling basis and our team is continuing to review applications for the role that you have applied for. We will be in touch with you again to update you on your application and we thank you for your patience whilst we complete our shortlisting process.

fejeva3670 25-10-2023 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258886)
The IGP program is mostly worth it for those who are NOT in FO functions. So anything BESIDES CCIB is worth it.

Obviously it's no secret the base for those FO roles are only 5.8-6.1k (excl bonus) which pales in comparison to BB but is still better than some local places.

BO/MO/Data/Strategy/Ventures/Tech roles etc, it is quite worth it. For a salary of 5.2-5.5k (excl bonus), it stands at a good position compared to most of the MAP/Grad progs offered in these divisions by other banks.

Cheers

Thanks for the response. Do you know whether the application is on a rolling basis or they will call everyone down for assessment centre. I have pass the assessment, replied the hr afew weeks ago and i haven't been gotten back

Unregistered 26-10-2023 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fejeva3670 (Post 258891)
Thanks for the response. Do you know whether the application is on a rolling basis or they will call everyone down for assessment centre. I have pass the assessment, replied the hr afew weeks ago and i haven't been gotten back

Rolling basis, at least for non-FO roles I think. I think only FO type roles have those big assessment centers. The rest is rolling basis/individual ac. But obviously it’s my speculation based on what I know ah so take w a pinch of salt

fejeva3670 26-10-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258933)
Rolling basis, at least for non-FO roles I think. I think only FO type roles have those big assessment centers. The rest is rolling basis/individual ac. But obviously it’s my speculation based on what I know ah so take w a pinch of salt

What to expect for individual AC? It been 3 weeks since the last time HR from india wrote to me. Seems like i didn't get selected

Unregistered 26-10-2023 07:48 PM

Stanchart Digital channels and data analytics gradute

Hi, anyone knows the full compensation package for this graduate role?

Base pay, bonuses, aws, progression etc.

Also, how long is the entire application process?

Accepted another company's offer that is due to start in Jan...

Unregistered 26-10-2023 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258983)
Hi, anyone knows the full compensation package for this graduate role?

Base pay, bonuses, aws, progression etc.

Also, how long is the entire application process?

Accepted another company's offer that is due to start in Jan...

base pay alr shared above, bonus usually 2 mths no aws and progression depends on u. Application process really varies i guess. Whats the tc for ur jan job? also this program starts usually every september so if u take this u would be jobless for 8 months?

Unregistered 26-10-2023 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258886)

Cheers

Thanks! Can share more on background behind the range of salary 5.2k and 5.5k? As a MAP/Grad still entitled to bonus? How about expected/indicative base salary AFTER graduating from prog?

Unregistered 26-10-2023 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 258992)
Thanks! Can share more on background behind the range of salary 5.2k and 5.5k? As a MAP/Grad still entitled to bonus? How about expected/indicative base salary AFTER graduating from prog?

i think its 5.2 or 5.3 + up to 300 encashable benefits? this was last years figures tho so may have increased slightly or not idk. & ya igp entitled to bonus. i know someone who got ard the range of 72-75k base annual aft the prog in one of the BO roles.

it is a good prog but not sure how much sc is hiring this year?

Unregistered 01-11-2023 10:59 PM

any1 have anyyy updates? thx

Unregistered 30-11-2023 08:20 PM

internship role in TTO SC (group transform), got pushed to final round interview which is virtual and less than an hour -- summer intern role, anyone knows what to expect for the role, pay, interview details? Heard its a fairly new department and google doesn't reveal much thank you

Unregistered 30-11-2023 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261953)
internship role in TTO SC (group transform), got pushed to final round interview which is virtual and less than an hour -- summer intern role, anyone knows what to expect for the role, pay, interview details? Heard its a fairly new department and google doesn't reveal much thank you

why the hell would u want to go to a transformation team? if u like such work just go consulting... transformation in banking is just low paid consultants lolol

Unregistered 30-11-2023 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261988)
why the hell would u want to go to a transformation team? if u like such work just go consulting... transformation in banking is just low paid consultants lolol

bro bopes you and i both know that if i am asking this, i applied mbb t2 they dont want me i cmi i get 5.2k at scb still okay ah

thats why im asking whether anyone got insights, low-tier students like me cant choose LOL

Unregistered 30-11-2023 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261988)

1. Unless you get into MBB or a tier 2 which have little headcount, in house consulting pays more. In fact, some in house consulting are exits for MBB.

2. Hours and pressure much much better.

3. Banking is arguably less prone to cuts, esp if you are from a program.

Unregistered 01-12-2023 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261993)
1. Unless you get into MBB or a tier 2 which have little headcount, in house consulting pays more. In fact, some in house consulting are exits for MBB.

2. Hours and pressure much much better.

3. Banking is arguably less prone to cuts, esp if you are from a program.

thanks for the insights bro, anyone been through the interview or have any insights on the role/process?

Unregistered 02-12-2023 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261996)
thanks for the insights bro, anyone been through the interview or have any insights on the role/process?

Behavioural interview. Strike a good conversation with the interviewers. Be clear on why SC, why banking, why transformation.

Good communication skills,
Thriving in uncertainty and a flexible mind.

Good attitude to learn and grow

Pay is 2.5 for summer intern iirc

Unregistered 02-12-2023 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unregistered (Post 262138)
behavioural interview. Strike a good conversation with the interviewers. Be clear on why sc, why banking, why transformation.

thriving in uncertainty and a flexible mind.

pay is 2.5 for summer intern iirc

siksiksiksiksik 2.5...

Unregistered 02-12-2023 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262138)
Behavioural interview. Strike a good conversation with the interviewers. Be clear on why SC, why banking, why transformation.

wow that is some terrible pay, how do they even compete with other banks...?

Unregistered 02-12-2023 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262138)

tbvh, pay is peanuts compared to other banking places that i heard of but for me, im okay la not too bad alr. plus i got consulting internship experiences in big 4-tier consulting companies so i will leverage on that for the transformation part

thanks! will brush up on my fit interview questions then and if you are part of that department, would love to connect with you over coffee to thank you ya

Unregistered 03-12-2023 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262154)
tbvh, pay is peanuts compared to other banking places that i heard of but for me, im okay la not too bad alr. plus i got consulting internship experiences in big 4-tier consulting companies so i will leverage on that for the transformation part

thanks! will brush up on my fit interview questions then and if you are part of that department, would love to connect with you over coffee to thank you ya

the pay is very decent already esp for intern. intern only asking for the sky..

Unregistered 03-12-2023 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262162)
the pay is very decent already esp for intern. intern only asking for the sky..

Yeah I agree. It’s a VERY decent intern pay considering it’s not a front office role. You simply cannot compare between front office ‘banking’ roles and roles like these where you’re not client facing. only 2 bb banks ops r the only non-FO intern roles in banks that pay ard 5k and even then that is the same as ft salary which is less than scb ft. Please understand the role u r applying for, where it stands in the banking chain and then evaluate whether pay is peanuts or not. Ofc if 2.5 for ib then ya is peanuts but this is not even banking related so 2.5 is great

Unregistered 03-12-2023 04:25 PM

yup, thanks for all the input guys. will definitely put in my best for the interview and i will gratefully accept the position and put in my best. definitely a higher pay than usual.

just for further input, what is this role in the context of the larger banking chain?

Unregistered 03-12-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262193)
Yeah I agree. It’s a VERY decent intern pay considering it’s not a front office role. You simply cannot compare between front office ‘banking’ roles and roles like these where you’re not client facing. only 2 bb banks ops r the only non-FO intern roles in banks that pay ard 5k and even then that is the same as ft salary which is less than scb ft. Please understand the role u r applying for, where it stands in the banking chain and then evaluate whether pay is peanuts or not. Ofc if 2.5 for ib then ya is peanuts but this is not even banking related so 2.5 is great

lol what crack are u on?

transformation in banking is equivalent to consulting which pays decently well. by no means the salary of FO sales but definitely way higher than BO.

for scb to pay 2.5k for such a role is as good as local banks dishing out 1k/month intern pay for IB... you think can fight for the top talents?

to the guy applying for the role, pls don't be misguided that transformation is a fluffly or not part of the "banking chain". transformation roles are not easy to land and they do pay decently well of course not as well as mbb. good luck to u

Unregistered 03-12-2023 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262220)
lol what crack are u on?

transformation in banking is equivalent to consulting which pays decently well. by no means the salary of FO sales but definitely way higher than BO.

for scb to pay 2.5k for such a role is as good as local banks dishing out 1k/month intern pay for IB... you think can fight for the top talents?

to the guy applying for the role, pls don't be misguided that transformation is a fluffly or not part of the "banking chain". transformation roles are not easy to land and they do pay decently well of course not as well as mbb. good luck to u

hi, original guy here. thousand thanks man, just a struggling prospective consultant exploring my options. hopefully i land this after my interview and then maybe can go international graduate and find other exit opportunities.

not a top talent but i try my best. thanks for ur insights

Unregistered 04-12-2023 01:58 PM

Anyone received interviews for client coverage grad prog?

Unregistered 04-12-2023 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262224)
hi, original guy here. thousand thanks man, just a struggling prospective consultant exploring my options. hopefully i land this after my interview and then maybe can go international graduate and find other exit opportunities.

not a top talent but i try my best. thanks for ur insights

very honest advice here. if you're looking into a transformation, change management career, isn't going into a consultancy firm (albeit may not be MBB but perhaps 2nd tier or so) expose yourself to more projects and scope of work? By straight up joining a bank right after u grad, not sure how ur trajectory would be. Take note also that project / transformation roles in banks are very prone to being made redundant if sh*t happens to the bank and they are looking to cut costs because banks would stop most projects and focus on BAU staff to keep existing operations gg.

Unregistered 05-12-2023 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262291)
very honest advice here. if you're looking into a transformation, change management career, isn't going into a consultancy firm (albeit may not be MBB but perhaps 2nd tier or so) expose yourself to more projects and scope of work? By straight up joining a bank right after u grad, not sure how ur trajectory would be. Take note also that project / transformation roles in banks are very prone to being made redundant if sh*t happens to the bank and they are looking to cut costs because banks would stop most projects and focus on BAU staff to keep existing operations gg.

of course, if analysys mason or oliver wyman give me an offer, ill take it but the reality is, not everyone have a very shiny resume and is an automatic shoo-in for consulting companies. ofc ill be happy to take other opportunities but this one is okay by me for a summer internship if they are gracious enough to offer me

ill take note about the volatility of the job though, always keeping an eye out for exit opps but for now, not going to count my chickens before they hatch lol

Unregistered 08-12-2023 02:22 AM

hi guys, if i took a LOA and may be graduating in dec 2025, how should i bring this across to the HR? (miscalculated my AUs and told HR that i can graduate in may 2025). will my internship offer be taken back? (asking in this thread because its a pipeline to IG programme)

just calculating whether i shd just bite bullet and overload like **** to try to graduate on cycle or will HR allow me to onboard a bit later since one point that they like to ask is graduation date lol

Unregistered 09-12-2023 05:59 PM

This who got the offers for 2024 Grad Program, have you signed offer letter yet?

Unregistered 13-12-2023 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262682)
This who got the offers for 2024 Grad Program, have you signed offer letter yet?

Yes 10chars

Unregistered 14-12-2023 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 262682)

how long after the AC did you receive the offer?

Unregistered 14-12-2023 11:52 PM

hi guys, not sure where to post this but this is the biggest standard chartered thread

I was wondering (for those in the know), what are the chances to be emplaced in their international graduate program as an intern? of course they say high performing interns but some numbers and anecdotes will be good

any department is fine, would like a rough sense, gamxia all

Unregistered 21-12-2023 07:45 PM

hi bump on this interested too

Unregistered 26-12-2023 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263040)
how long after the AC did you receive the offer?

Got my offer taking the lift down afterwards

Unregistered 26-12-2023 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263910)
Got my offer taking the lift down afterwards

What role/division? Is this for intern or ft

Unregistered 26-12-2023 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263923)
What role/division? Is this for intern or ft

for VP position in IB

Unregistered 09-01-2024 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263082)
hi guys, not sure where to post this but this is the biggest standard chartered thread

I was wondering (for those in the know), what are the chances to be emplaced in their international graduate program as an intern? of course they say high performing interns but some numbers and anecdotes will be good

any department is fine, would like a rough sense, gamxia all

bumping, int too

Unregistered 15-01-2024 05:46 PM

Why bother looking at the chance of conversion? Just do your best as an intern and the chance will follow. Life is not only about luck, but also about taking chances