Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4552-dbs-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 06-07-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141032)
it doesn't make sense to compare because there's no previous batch per se. this is the first batch of EMAP, not MA, that they're taking in. MA doesn't require work experience or masters, EMAP does. it's not apples to apples.

5.5k is way below the range for any masters with considerable, relevant prior work experience. no self-respecting MBAs would also take that pay. DBS is not naive—it's the first time they're launching a graduate program and I trust that such a well-heeled bank would dedicate the resources to conduct prior salary benchmarking/market research.

if you don't have credible sources to back your claim about the pay ceiling of 5.5k for EMAP, then please keep your comments to yourself. don't mislead others here. thanks

Please Go explore LinkedIn. There are several previous batch MA that has masters degrees. Previous MA batch do take Both undergrad & postgraduate. It is only this batch solely for postgraduate. My friend with masters in previous batch was offered $5.5k.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141023)
Applied to one of those tracks and was just notified by HR today that I will be hearing from them soon. Anyone else in similar situation?

All the best guys!

Heard from HR that they will reach out next week, which means that it will be about a month since the final round. Not optimistic :(

Unregistered 06-07-2020 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141032)
it doesn't make sense to compare because there's no previous batch per se. this is the first batch of EMAP, not MA, that they're taking in. MA doesn't require work experience or masters, EMAP does. it's not apples to apples.

5.5k is way below the range for any masters with considerable, relevant prior work experience. no self-respecting MBAs would also take that pay. DBS is not naive—it's the first time they're launching a graduate program and I trust that such a well-heeled bank would dedicate the resources to conduct prior salary benchmarking/market research.

if you don't have credible sources to back your claim about the pay ceiling of 5.5k for EMAP, then please keep your comments to yourself. don't mislead others here. thanks

Please go LinkedIn to verify. There are profiles of previous batch MA that are postgraduate. Previous batch do take postgraduate and undergrads. The current batch is the first time that solely focused on postgraduate.

I have a friend that enter as a postgrad last year too.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141036)
Heard from HR that they will reach out next week, which means that it will be about a month since the final round. Not optimistic :(

On one hand there are people who applied to CBG who heard positively from HR a month after their interview, and on the other... I’m not feeling optimistic either.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141019)
thanks for your kind words, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

hr just called to ding me. feedback in a nutshell: you're good and have strong points, but there're better candidates that they've decided to offer to.

good luck to everyone else who's expecting a call!

P.S. I applied to CBG

Can confirm this, I had a call 2 weeks ago about salary expectations.

Then I received a similar call this morning: good points etc etc, but don't think you're a fit for the programme because of X & Y.

CBG too here.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141038)
Please go LinkedIn to verify. There are profiles of previous batch MA that are postgraduate. Previous batch do take postgraduate and undergrads. The current batch is the first time that solely focused on postgraduate.

that is not called verifying. tbh, if as a postgrad u accept a program that primarily targets undergrads, u're underselling yourself and are underemployed. why would anyone forgo the opportunity cost of postgrad tuition fee and foregone income to do a postgrad to get a job that an undergrad can do?

from the bank's POV, if they're only willing to pay the same for EMAP as they do for MA, why bother coming up with a new graduate program?

Unregistered 06-07-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141041)
Can confirm this, I had a call 2 weeks ago about salary expectations.

Then I received a similar call this morning: good points etc etc, but don't think you're a fit for the programme because of X & Y.

CBG too here.

cheer up bro, I'm sure there're other better options for us in time to come—hopefully soon! hr didn't even tell me what X and Y are specifically. just that others are better. like huh??!!

but I appreciate that at least they called to ding, and attempted to give some "feedback".

Unregistered 06-07-2020 12:52 PM

Asking comp expectation and then reject afterwards... this is very strange per normal standard, really awkward.

Nonetheless, can someone elaborate what are the kinds of superficial reject reason they provide? Exp not relevant, major/discipline not typical blabla?

Unregistered 06-07-2020 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141045)
Asking comp expectation and then reject afterwards... this is very strange per normal standard, really awkward.

Nonetheless, can someone elaborate what are the kinds of superficial reject reason they provide? Exp not relevant, major/discipline not typical blabla?

I also thought that it was strange, but then again some companies do ask for comp expectations right at the start of the process. therefore asking for comp expectations isn't indicative of any success.

my reason was the "there're other better candidates, on a holistic level".

Unregistered 06-07-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141038)

There is a difference between a Postgrad joining the usual MAP and a Postgrad joining the new EMAP. If it is still 5.5k as you said, what is the point of creating the new EMAP if they are offering the exact same terms?

Stop harping on your nonsensical narrative and leave if you are not applying for the programme.