Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4552-dbs-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 06-07-2020 09:55 AM

I heard DBS FO only 5k+ base pay. A far cry from the base pay of 9k+ in bulge brackets.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 10:11 AM

Hope HR gets back today for everyone. Fingers crossed!

Unregistered 06-07-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141012)

good luck everyone!

Unregistered 06-07-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141012)

It's already July, whereas the program is supposed to start in Sep, only 2 mon away. I am getting the feeling that indicative offers should have been out for all 3 tracks.

It will be quite funny, and sort of awkward, if that's not the case

Unregistered 06-07-2020 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141014)
It's already July, whereas the program is supposed to start in Sep, only 2 mon away. I am getting the feeling that indicative offers should have been out for all 3 tracks.

It will be quite funny, and sort of awkward, if that's not the case

I am quite positive that IBG and T&M are still ongoing since I know of at least 5 people who have not heard from HR so let's hope for the best

Unregistered 06-07-2020 10:55 AM

taleo job status is still active and open

Unregistered 06-07-2020 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141008)
I heard DBS FO only 5k+ base pay. A far cry from the base pay of 9k+ in bulge brackets.

This is a very broad statement. Many BBs pay >9k for IB and S&T, but there are global banks paying less than that too for those roles. You might expect banks like SCB and BNP (non-BB global banks) to pay better than local banks but nope.

And the rest of the FOs, like AM, WM, TB, no BBs pay 9k and above for fresh entries in these functions.

So really, you can't be applying to let's say consumer banking in DBS and then benchmarking your pay against IBD in Goldman. FO is so broad to begin with.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 140942)
If there were talks about comp discussion, then you are in pretty good shape! hang in there!

thanks for your kind words, but unfortunately, that's not the case.

hr just called to ding me. feedback in a nutshell: you're good and have strong points, but there're better candidates that they've decided to offer to.

good luck to everyone else who's expecting a call!

P.S. I applied to CBG

Unregistered 06-07-2020 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141019)

hr just called to ding me. feedback in a nutshell: you're good and have strong points, but there're better candidates that they've decided to offer to.

P.S. I applied to CBG

This doesn't reflect well on DBS tbh. It's as if they're saying they would rather settle on candidates who are good enough and has lower pay expectations, than really the top candidates who are asking for higher compensation but are open to negotiation. Thanks for letting us know.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141019)

P.S. I applied to CBG

Sorry to hear that. I am sure there are better things in store for you!
Just wondering, are you a local or would you have needed sponsorship?