Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4552-dbs-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 06-07-2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141036)
Heard from HR that they will reach out next week, which means that it will be about a month since the final round. Not optimistic :(

Did you write to HR and then they replied or HR proactively emailed you?

Unregistered 06-07-2020 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141063)
Did you write to HR and then they replied or HR proactively emailed you?

Wrote in first (:

Unregistered 06-07-2020 02:11 PM

Gotten my feedback too.........

Was told that the 2 personality test gives differences in personality results. So I am not genuine enough.

Panel assessment indicated that I have not displayed the same qualities shown in the personality tests further complicates matters.

So I think we really have to really genuine be ourselves because they will find out somehow if we try to act

Well. All the best to the rest!

Unregistered 06-07-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141065)
Gotten my feedback too.........

Was told that the 2 personality test gives differences in personality results. So I am not genuine enough.

Panel assessment indicated that I have not displayed the same qualities shown in the personality tests further complicates matters.

So I think we really have to really genuine be ourselves because they will find out somehow if we try to act

Well. All the best to the rest!

Was aware of this when I researched on the second personality test. It’s meant to pick up self contradictions in personality assessments. Clearly we can up our strengths and downplay our weaknesses but never ever fake traits that we don’t have, unless you’re one hell of an actor.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141066)
Was aware of this when I researched on the second personality test. It’s meant to pick up self contradictions in personality assessments. Clearly we can up our strengths and downplay our weaknesses but never ever fake traits that we don’t have, unless you’re one hell of an actor.

Yes I rather be genuine & kick out in the earlier rounds than be fake & pass first few rounds but to be kicked out in the later rounds wasting all the effort & time.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141066)

Wow they really place a lot of emphasis on the tests huh!

Unregistered 06-07-2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141068)

They really make sure you are who you really are in all the round of tests. I think even actors /actresses from mediacorp if they apply will never be able to fake it too.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

I was told that even for the assessment for cognitive intelligence while it is not a personality test it can will be used to secretly verify your personality too.

Etc. What type of question a person choose to skip. Anyhow input answers hoping that it may become correct. All shows a person personality.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

I was that even the cognitive test even if originally meant to be IQ test. But secretly will also be used to determine a person personality.

Example: how long a person takes to skip a question they don’t know. Anyhow input an answer hoping that it will be right. These can be secretly used to judge a person.

Unregistered 06-07-2020 03:28 PM

Top MBA, decide to decline the offer.

One reason is that I got better offers.

Another reason is, as someone have discussed in the thread, a top MBA might be overqualified for this position. Somehow I feel they are not prepared to hire candidates of good qualities and experiences. I think they even didn't read my CV thoroughly before the interview, and have acted unnecessarily arrogantly (tbh DBS is not a premium brand name among top B schools, at least not premium enough to be condescending)

The biggest downside comes from package&career progression. They just offered an average package, but the condition is critical: after first 12 months, you might fall out of the track if you are considered underperformed -- If I have to face that competition, I could have chosen better firms with better salaries, and that's what I decide to do.

So I think it's not the best option for candidates with proper experiences, great education background or ample resources.