Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS Management Associate Program 2015 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4552-dbs-management-associate-program-2015-a.html)

Unregistered 08-06-2020 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137319)
Just received an email that I’m unsuccessful (IBG).

For those that are still in the running, all the best!

Is your masters a MBA??????? Heard that they only want MBA. Others are just used to fill the quota for various stages or if there are not enough MBA applications.

Even if super lucky get into the program a non MBA student will always lose out in terms of ranking At the end of the program with so many other MBA competitors. Like say as a bio science masters student, how to compete with MBA students to get into the program or for top ranking during the 1 year program. The playing field is clearly a huge handicap and disadvantage to non MBA students.

Unregistered 08-06-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137328)
Is your masters a MBA??????? Heard that they only want MBA. Others are just used to fill the quota for various stages or if there are not enough MBA applications.

Even if super lucky get into the program a non MBA student will always lose out in terms of ranking At the end of the program with so many other MBA competitors. Like say as a bio science masters student, how to compete with MBA students to get into the program or for top ranking during the 1 year program. The playing field is clearly a huge handicap and disadvantage to non MBA students.

I'm a local MBA graduate, 5yrs exp with 6.5k sal. I just received the rejection letter.

Unregistered 08-06-2020 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137327)
A friendly advice from an MA alumni - when times are good, the MA/EMAP programmes are the best place to try it out and accelerate your career. Even if you do not fall within the top xx % of the cohort, chances are you will likely be able to secure a good spot in a BU.

When times are bad, it is where MA/EMAP are hit the hardest. Those who fall outside of the top xx % cohort may find themselves in "no man's land". It's where they are deemed surplus to requirements.

With COVID19 here to stay and the economy not recovering for the next 18mths, it's best to stay in your current role unless this calls for a 20% increment. Trust me #beentheredonethat

This is so true.

Unregistered 08-06-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137327)
A friendly advice from an MA alumni - when times are good, the MA/EMAP programmes are the best place to try it out and accelerate your career. Even if you do not fall within the top xx % of the cohort, chances are you will likely be able to secure a good spot in a BU.

When times are bad, it is where MA/EMAP are hit the hardest. Those who fall outside of the top xx % cohort may find themselves in "no man's land". It's where they are deemed surplus to requirements.

With COVID19 here to stay and the economy not recovering for the next 18mths, it's best to stay in your current role unless this calls for a 20% increment. Trust me #beentheredonethat

Hey pal which year batch are you. I was also a victim of this program. Did not fall within the top few of the program. I was willing to work hard but was unable to “wayang” well. Those top rank MA “wayang” skills are top of the world. Thankfully myself with many same batch peers contributed to the high MA turn over rate by leaving at a time with booming economy and was able to secure employment easily. If it is now I would have been screwed by joining the program.

It will be dumb to join this program by quitting a current job with such economy sentiments.

Unregistered 08-06-2020 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137334)
Hey pal which year batch are you. I was also a victim of this program. Did not fall within the top few of the program. I was willing to work hard but was unable to “wayang” well. Those top rank MA “wayang” skills are top of the world. Thankfully myself with many same batch peers contributed to the high MA turn over rate by leaving at a time with booming economy and was able to secure employment easily. If it is now I would have been screwed by joining the program.

It will be dumb to join this program by quitting a current job with such economy sentiments.

So what my friend told me is true. She had a young family and could not keep up with the night entertainments and after-work drinking sessions where the whole point was just to get into the good books of your boss.

Unregistered 08-06-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137334)

Just saw the rejection email as well —- Stupid to be out of the video interview stage. During Covid Circuit breaker everyone in the household cannot even go out of the house unnecessarily. There is simply nowhere i can do the interview outside of home; I cannot even find a conducive place and environment to do a proper 1 way video interview given. Yet this huge constraining factor was not even considered by DBS.

However seeing how you guys have suffered in your time as MA does gives me a sense of relief —— maybe a blessing in disguise for not getting through to the next stage.

Unregistered 08-06-2020 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137340)
Just saw the rejection email as well —- Stupid to be out of the video interview stage. During Covid Circuit breaker everyone in the household cannot even go out of the house unnecessarily. There is simply nowhere i can do the interview outside of home; I cannot even find a conducive place and environment to do a proper 1 way video interview given. Yet this huge constraining factor was not even considered by DBS.

However seeing how you guys have suffered in your time as MA does gives me a sense of relief —— maybe a blessing in disguise for not getting through to the next stage.

Yah I feel the same too and was affected as well. Not everyone can have a good home environment to perform a good one way video recording interview. 😰 😡😡

Unregistered 08-06-2020 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137341)
Yah I feel the same too and was affected as well. Not everyone can have a good home environment to perform a good one way video recording interview. 😰 😡😡

Can you share what kind of problems you all faced with doing a video interview?

I am not sure I agree if you are saying that you got rejected only because you had slow internet connection when doing the recording.

Unregistered 08-06-2020 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 137347)
Can you share what kind of problems you all faced with doing a video interview?

I am not sure I agree if you are saying that you got rejected only because you had slow internet connection when doing the recording.

E.g. having kids at home (2 to 3 years old esp) making noises which you can't control.

Unregistered 08-06-2020 11:37 PM

Any MA seniors can let us know how the rankings for each MA is determined?

If you are not the top in the cohort, is it true like the other posters that you will be in no man's land?