Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3348-officer-role-bank-tokyo-mitsubishi-ufj.html)

Unregistered 11-05-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94072)
When did I say SO is 6-8k. I am just updating you that SO cap already exceed 5k last year. If you don't know then don't spread outdated info everywhere and talk nonsense put words into people mouth.

Really nonsense. SO cap never ever exceed 5k. It is Max at 4.4+ I just left that God forsaken place this year. Last year the cap was also at 4.3k+ only.

Anyhow bullsh*t and give people wrong info. Anyway if you are fresh grad without experience , go in confirm is officer rank. They will eat you alive.

Unregistered 13-05-2017 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 97302)
Really nonsense. SO cap never ever exceed 5k. It is Max at 4.4+ I just left that God forsaken place this year. Last year the cap was also at 4.3k+ only.

Anyhow bullsh*t and give people wrong info. Anyway if you are fresh grad without experience , go in confirm is officer rank. They will eat you alive.

Any youngster who join a Jap bank is nuts. It is a dead wood place for oldies and mothers. Don't say fresh grad eaten alive, even those revolving door senior managers who are headhunted from big foreign banks cannot tahan and quit after a while.

Unregistered 06-07-2017 05:05 PM

Seems like there is a lot of negativity towards fresh grads joining jap banks. Is it really that bad in the sense that you do not learn anything and will find it difficult to switch to a foreign bank later? Would it be better to join a foreign bank with less job responsibilities and exposure to learning or a jap bank with more learning and exposure as a fresh grad?

Unregistered 07-07-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98484)
Seems like there is a lot of negativity towards fresh grads joining jap banks. Is it really that bad in the sense that you do not learn anything and will find it difficult to switch to a foreign bank later? Would it be better to join a foreign bank with less job responsibilities and exposure to learning or a jap bank with more learning and exposure as a fresh grad?

Generally yes, sg employers are very brand conscious. The same logic can also apply to joining a sme. Even if the the sme job is bigger can learn more things in the end employers will still prefer a someone from a branded mnc. That is why all the best students from good uni always try to jump into mnc at the start of career.

Unregistered 10-07-2017 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98502)
Generally yes, sg employers are very brand conscious. The same logic can also apply to joining a sme. Even if the the sme job is bigger can learn more things in the end employers will still prefer a someone from a branded mnc. That is why all the best students from good uni always try to jump into mnc at the start of career.

In this case, both companies are considered MNCs, however there is some difference in level of prestige between the 2 banks. Does the brand name of your bank matter more than the type of work that you actually do in the bank?

Unregistered 10-07-2017 08:48 AM

Hi, has anyone here worked at Mizuho and can share more about their experience, apart from the working hours (8.30 to 5+).

As a fresh grad how much can I expect to receive as an officer in operations?

How are the opportunities for internal transfer to other departments?

Unregistered 10-07-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98567)
In this case, both companies are considered MNCs, however there is some difference in level of prestige between the 2 banks. Does the brand name of your bank matter more than the type of work that you actually do in the bank?

i wont consider a jap bank a mnc. in fact if u want to measure level of prestige i think even the 3 local banks are better.

Unregistered 11-07-2017 08:53 AM

smbc

Does anyone know the payscale of smbc for am position

Unregistered 11-07-2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98600)
Does anyone know the payscale of smbc for am position

7-7.5k for AM at least

Unregistered 12-07-2017 09:54 PM

Can advise how much is the salary range for deputy manager in BTMU and the number of years of experience for deputy manager range?