Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3348-officer-role-bank-tokyo-mitsubishi-ufj.html)

Unregistered 14-06-2016 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87128)
Yes its a permanent role. Hows the progression/benefits? The starting salary seems a bit low compared to the other banks

Progression is pretty slow. Benefits are alright.. but the bonus pool is usually more generous. 3-4 months I believe. Decent work-life balance. Just that the basic is low.

Unregistered 14-06-2016 04:58 PM

Pay is much lower compared to most MO roles in western banks. Not sure about the local banks here - can anyone share?

Do note that yearly increment in most Jap banks are very low (~3-4%). You may be better off starting at a big 4 - at least your increment for the first few years are in the double digits...

Unregistered 14-06-2016 05:20 PM

I thought MO roles would pay better, but oh well, can't be picky in this economy anyway.

Unregistered 15-06-2016 09:56 PM

hop around before joining such outfits. so that you join with a decent basic, and with 3-4 months bonus, with work life balance. you'll be enjoying life..

Unregistered 15-06-2016 10:56 PM

From what I've heard, most foreign banks are having hiring freeze. So might be good to gain some experience at Jap banks first before hopping later

Unregistered 17-06-2016 10:16 AM

Understand that Jap banks pays bonuses and increment in June. Anyone here from BTMU, SMBC or Mizuho?

Care to share your increment & bonus numbers?

My friend from BTMU got a 3% increment and 2-3 months bonus. He's an average performer. He is in MO.

Unregistered 17-06-2016 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 87309)
Understand that Jap banks pays bonuses and increment in June. Anyone here from BTMU, SMBC or Mizuho?

My friend from BTMU got a 3% increment and 2-3 months bonus. He's an average performer. He is in MO.

The BTMU figures sound about right for this year.

Unregistered 17-06-2016 10:05 PM

Quote:

Yup, my friend in BTMU just got her bonus. About three months

Unregistered 23-06-2016 11:28 AM

Hi,

May have an upcoming interview in MO in BTMU.

Anybody here can share the general culture of the bank as well as working for a Jap firm?

I've read the posts here and on glassdoor - and it seems its very beareaucratic and a lot of red tape..

Unregistered 23-06-2016 02:41 PM

Quote:

Jap banks tend to give average national increase (~5%) and 5-6 months average.