Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3348-officer-role-bank-tokyo-mitsubishi-ufj.html)

Unregistered 11-01-2015 12:55 AM

GM BTMU interview

Hi guys,

can anyone with knowledge share some insights of their global market business and if its a good place to learn and start off? Thanks in advance

Unregistered 11-01-2015 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61215)
Hi guys,

can anyone with knowledge share some insights of their global market business and if its a good place to learn and start off? Thanks in advance

BTMU is more of a retirement bank and some of the people hired there(as in whole bank) have no relevant skills to speak of because they are direct hired by the HOD themselves.
They either pass time by chatting with other colleagues or go toilet do makeup. Was from the bank previously and although culture wise they are very strict and regimental, but work load wise can be quite slack. If you are looking for retirement, Japanese banks are best. If you are looking for career progression, Japanese banks are huge no.

Unregistered 11-01-2015 09:29 PM

job scope

Hi.

Thanks for your input. Just curious if their global markets business can be a good spring board into other banks for relevant roles? Is their global market business big and doing meaningful thing?

Unregistered 12-01-2015 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61242)
Hi.

Thanks for your input. Just curious if their global markets business can be a good spring board into other banks for relevant roles? Is their global market business big and doing meaningful thing?

Won't work, everyone in the industry knows how jap banks work. This is like working in POSB trying to convince Julius Baer that you have experience dealing with some HNWI. Technically may be correct, but the experience is not relevant.

Unregistered 09-04-2015 05:43 PM

btmu bonus and increment

I agree with such tedious and regimental process and procedures in the bank.. it is modeling the practise from Tokyo which can be heavy on inputs and manual tracking prone to mistakes... japanese come and go in few years holding senior positions.. local staffs have to work extra hard and put in longer hours to match if there are many japanese in the department... decoding their culture is frustrating confusing and probably a waste of time to many

I don't think bonus and increment is good... any comments on recent years bonus in comparison to other banks?

Unregistered 10-04-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 65265)
I agree with such tedious and regimental process and procedures in the bank.. it is modeling the practise from Tokyo which can be heavy on inputs and manual tracking prone to mistakes... japanese come and go in few years holding senior positions.. local staffs have to work extra hard and put in longer hours to match if there are many japanese in the department... decoding their culture is frustrating confusing and probably a waste of time to many

I don't think bonus and increment is good... any comments on recent years bonus in comparison to other banks?

I heard back office bonus ranges from 2.5 to 5.5 and front office bonus ranges from 6 to 8 months.

Increment ranges from 3 to 8 percent depending on your KPI and whether the boss likes you and whether you can perform some office politics to suck up to the boss.

If you piss the boss off, like in the case of one of my colleagues, he only got a 10 dollar increment.

Unregistered 12-04-2015 09:09 AM

btmu bonus and increment

Oh my.. so that is so much for fairness. Btw the projected bonus in btmu is quite comparable... the increment it seems average.. if some other places may not hv bonus or under union may not pay out so much bonus in fact... so u r saying the rates during good profit years or just recent comparison? How about those suppprting regional offices not back or front office?

Johnathan 06-08-2015 12:20 AM

Btmu: Graucd

Hi,
I heard of openings in this dept of BTMU. Can someone tell me more about these roles, procedure, questions asked, etc.

---------------------
Department: Government and Regulatory Advisory Unit - Compliance Department (GRAUCD),
Sanctions Team
--------------------

I am working as compliance analyst in another bank. Do I stand a chance?

How much increment in salary can I expect, if selected?

imanaka 06-08-2015 01:40 AM

Btmu: Graucd

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnathan (Post 71091)
Hi,
I heard of openings in this dept of BTMU. Can someone tell me more about these roles, procedure, questions asked, etc.

---------------------
Department: Government and Regulatory Advisory Unit - Compliance Department (GRAUCD),
Sanctions Team
--------------------

I am working as compliance analyst in another bank. Do I stand a chance?

How much increment in salary can I expect, if selected?

expect 4-5 rounds of interview 1 more round if you need EP.
might take 3-6 weeks to complete
compliance is a hot topic and you may get selected
all de best

Unregistered 26-03-2016 02:51 AM

Going to start soon in smbc as AM
Sounds like a good place in comparison with the other 2 banks.
In terms of work life balance an benefits.
Anyway for recent years, does middle n front office still receiving 4-6 mths bonus?

Can't wait to enjoy the dental unlimited cleaning treatment. Which r the dental clinics included in the panel? Are they island wide?

Also anticipating those training sessions where they will be in kl. at night wonder can go klzouk after training ends. Usually for middle n front office guys, how Often do we get to fly to kl for training?