Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3348-officer-role-bank-tokyo-mitsubishi-ufj.html)

Unregistered 02-01-2018 12:46 PM

job offer in BTMU for fresh grads

Hi all,

I just got a job offer in BTMU, wondering about the work culture, prospects and pay increments. Anyone can shed some light on this? I read the older posts but I'm not sure if it's still valid over the years. I'm a fresh grad and the role is in the planning department. They offered an officer role, 3k for starting, does that sound right?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Terry 03-01-2018 02:25 PM

job offer in BTMU for fresh grads

3k sounds about right for local uni for a non banking MA role. Just take it up and gain experience. Once you have the experience, you can ask jump elsewhere

Unregistered 03-01-2018 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry (Post 103560)
3k sounds about right for local uni for a non banking MA role. Just take it up and gain experience. Once you have the experience, you can ask jump elsewhere

To be honest, I feel that it'll be a little tougher to move on to the local banks, let alone some of the international ones, depending on the role. Granted that what a branch operation handles can be very different to what a head office or quasi head office operations would, depth of learning maybe limited and not really relevant (again role dependent). The multitude of rules and procedures can also become quite onerous and frustrating at times. Having worked there previously for a year, I wouldn't really advise starting out in a Japanese bank if it can be helped.

Unregistered 04-01-2018 10:26 AM

anyone know what is the salary range for a manager title at BTMU?

Unregistered 04-01-2018 04:47 PM

BTMU is keen on meeting me next week for a perm officer role in the planning and admin dept. Not sure how much is the pay tho. But I got an offer with DBS in their HR dept but it is a 1 year contract role. I am not sure..., like what if BTMU offer me a perm role but higher pay that DBS's 1 year contract role.

Unregistered 04-01-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103590)
anyone know what is the salary range for a manager title at BTMU?

Was offered $7+ for deputy manager, manager I would wager should be $8k and above.

Unregistered 05-01-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry (Post 103560)

I'm actually from a private uni, my main concern is how the culture is like there and their career progression for their back office because I've been told their culture is very different and progression can be slow but I don't know in what way and slow in what sense? 2 years? Hoping to get a rough understanding from past employees there before jumping on board for a perm role.

nivlek88 11-02-2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103606)
Was offered $7+ for deputy manager, manager I would wager should be $8k and above.

Would you mind to share what is the benefit as Deputy Manager?

Unregistered 12-02-2018 11:58 AM

Anyone know if Assistant Manager or Deputy Manager is bigger or is the same just different wording? I applied for a DM job, but the offer letter state AM with pay of $7300. Inclined to accept and don't want to make a big fuss with the HR, but at the same time curious whether there is some unknown story behind I should know.

Unregistered 12-02-2018 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 104607)
Anyone know if Assistant Manager or Deputy Manager is bigger or is the same just different wording? I applied for a DM job, but the offer letter state AM with pay of $7300. Inclined to accept and don't want to make a big fuss with the HR, but at the same time curious whether there is some unknown story behind I should know.

Deputy manager is a more senior designation. To be honest, I don't think that $7.3k is within the salary band for AM, granted that is more equivalent to a senior associate and starts out at about $4-5k+. Might be an error in the offer letter I would suspect..