Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Officer Role in Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi UFJ (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3348-officer-role-bank-tokyo-mitsubishi-ufj.html)

Unregistered 12-07-2017 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98601)
7-7.5k for AM at least

Just curious to know if this range for AM level is only possible with a job hop? Would people that stayed since officer level be getting this range for an AM position?

Unregistered 13-07-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98601)
7-7.5k for AM at least

on average, how many years exp for an AM?

Unregistered 15-07-2017 12:41 AM

Sorry to sidetrack from the main topic here but I need some advice.

I recently contacted one of the recruitment agencies to apply for a job in one of the banks. The recruiter contacted me and after our tele-conversation and reviewing my resume, he concluded that I would be a suitable candidate for the role (contract job) hence he sent my resume to the bank for review to shortlist for interview.

After doing some research, I found the same role in the same dept on the bank's own career site but it was for a full-time position.

Should I apply directly to the bank? Is it not advisable to do so? I would much prefer the full time role though..

Unregistered 15-07-2017 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98664)

I worked at the trade finance Dept in 2009 after ord as temp clerk. The AM was close to fifties, so I guess you need a good twenty years exp for AM from officer. Really this is the place for people who intend to last long and are devoted.

Unregistered 15-07-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98664)

Most people first get promoted to the AM level in their late 30s, they then go on to stay at this level for another 8-10 years or so before getting promoted to Manager.

This is not a place for the highly driven people, very routine and work life balance.

Unregistered 20-07-2017 12:53 PM

Anyone knows what the monthly basic for a senior officer at a jap bank is?

Unregistered 20-07-2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98846)
Anyone knows what the monthly basic for a senior officer at a jap bank is?

Offered last yr as SO for compliance at 4.6k. dont get short changed by them

Unregistered 20-07-2017 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98848)
Offered last yr as SO for compliance at 4.6k. dont get short changed by them

Is the pay tagged to your function, or to the rank? Meaning that SO in other functions also get the same kind of pay?
Also, i'm assuming you were switching from another bank. Would this salary be the same for internal promotion?

Unregistered 22-09-2017 03:39 AM

Wah all the negativity towards fresh grads joining jap banks. And here I tot I could be learning something substantial and useful that would be deemed valuable to future prospective employers. I have just been offered an Officer position by BTMU btw.

Here in this forum ppl say local banks are better as there is a higher learning progression; ironically, in my previous job at DBS, it was like a deadwood. I hardly learnt anything and was made to do very mundane and manual tasks as a pre-processor. I was alr a degree holder by then.

If what netizens state here is true about fresh grads in Jap banks, then my fate will probably be no different. :/ Altho i have not officially started work at btmu yet, the interviewer told me high OT would be necessary on some days. Which differs from what some of you said about jap banks having work life balance. Maybe it depends on the rank and job scope ba.

Anyway the job market is rather bad right now so ill just take it in the meantime and see how in future.

Unregistered 22-09-2017 04:05 PM

BTMU vs Bangkok Bank

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100325)
Wah all the negativity towards fresh grads joining jap banks. And here I tot I could be learning something substantial and useful that would be deemed valuable to future prospective employers. I have just been offered an Officer position by BTMU btw.

Here in this forum ppl say local banks are better as there is a higher learning progression; ironically, in my previous job at DBS, it was like a deadwood. I hardly learnt anything and was made to do very mundane and manual tasks as a pre-processor. I was alr a degree holder by then.

If what netizens state here is true about fresh grads in Jap banks, then my fate will probably be no different. :/ Altho i have not officially started work at btmu yet, the interviewer told me high OT would be necessary on some days. Which differs from what some of you said about jap banks having work life balance. Maybe it depends on the rank and job scope ba.

Anyway the job market is rather bad right now so ill just take it in the meantime and see how in future.

could I ask all in this thread...what are the prospects and pay range for a trade finance officer for BTMU?

How does it compare to a trade finance officer position in Bangkok Bank? Bangkok Bank better?