Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

Unregistered 10-10-2014 08:02 PM

and prospects wise - is it good? sounds like a very dead-end job to me

Unregistered 11-10-2014 10:22 AM

Day to day involves collecting names and screening names of clients.
This could be on an annual or bi annual basis
This job tasks are pretty straightforward.

toto 18-10-2014 12:01 AM

Hi all, I'm going to graduate soon and am quite interested in compliance. Can I ask if I need to have a strong background in maths to be able to excel in this field? And also, what other skills would be useful? Thanks for the help! :)

Unregistered 19-10-2014 12:17 AM

No you cannot ask

Unregistered 02-11-2014 08:08 PM

How different is the career prospects of compliance officers between banks/ oil&gas/ FMCG?

Unregistered 03-12-2014 11:21 PM

Bank vs MAS

Currently i am working in a bank, dealing directly with MAS regulators.

Is it worth it to apply and attempt to jump into MAS, ie be a regulator.
OR to stay long term in banks?

Considerations mainly in term of working hours, stability, career progression and remuneration package.

Local uni business bachelors grad here.

Unregistered 04-12-2014 04:06 PM

Contract roles

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 52835)
There's a difference... but usually companies call onboarding roles as AML/KYC in general because it's part of the AML process when u onboard a new client.

AML analysts are usually your transaction monitoring/reviews guys, AML officers are usually those who provide advisory or file suspicious reports.

KYC remediation, as the name suggests, refers to redoing/refreshing KYCs... Usually there are contract roles and u will be kick out after the project ends.

KYC for corporate and private banking is very different. They types of documents required and the level of depth differs greatly. Corporates you need to identify the directors who are empowered to operate the accounts, while private banking u need to dig deeper (i.e. trust structures)... identify their source of wealth etc etc.

I'm currently trying to move out of operations and was offered a contract role in KYC remediation. As mentioned, it is a project and I will be kicked out after the project ends. I would like to ask is it possible to advance my career progression in compliance by just having this contract role as a relevant experience a few months down the road?

Unregistered 05-12-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 59678)
I'm currently trying to move out of operations and was offered a contract role in KYC remediation. As mentioned, it is a project and I will be kicked out after the project ends. I would like to ask is it possible to advance my career progression in compliance by just having this contract role as a relevant experience a few months down the road?

i think it'll be useful but you should look for a role in a reputable bank.

Unregistered 21-12-2014 02:28 PM

anyone move from front office (sales etc) to compliance before?

Unregistered 21-12-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 57580)
Day to day involves collecting names and screening names of clients.
This could be on an annual or bi annual basis
This job tasks are pretty straightforward.

For which role?
Where gt so easy?
I would say for compliance, most impt thing is analytical skills.
Must have brains.