Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   AML/Compliance/KYC professionals come in! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/3243-aml-compliance-kyc-professionals-come.html)

in3deep 22-12-2014 01:08 PM

Does working in Mas n building experience help in crossing over to bank compliance?

Unregistered 23-12-2014 06:00 PM

Yep. Worked in MAS for 4 years. Easily crossed over to compliance 2 years back for a 30% pay jump.

in3deep 23-12-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60419)
Yep. Worked in MAS for 4 years. Easily crossed over to compliance 2 years back for a 30% pay jump.

so im gguessing you were AD in MAS?

can i ask wats the title u get in bank when u crossed over?

Unregistered 25-12-2014 03:01 PM

my gf crossed over from sales (corporate) to compliance.
she shared with me her sales exp helped cos when onboarding companies, she has to do alot of KYC of all areas and sometimes when the internal bank system fail the first level of check, the sales folks/RMs have to write detailed supporting reports with alot of background work to seek clearance.

Unregistered 25-12-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60482)
my gf crossed over from sales (corporate) to compliance.
she shared with me her sales exp helped cos when onboarding companies, she has to do alot of KYC of all areas and sometimes when the internal bank system fail the first level of check, the sales folks/RMs have to write detailed supporting reports with alot of background work to seek clearance.

Does corporate sales pay better or compliance in her opinion?

Unregistered 03-01-2015 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60483)
Does corporate sales pay better or compliance in her opinion?

there was definitely a pay cut initially as there is no commission for compliance. however she said the overall package did get better after awhile and has surpassed sales now. moreover, pay for compliance is more stable, it is less stressful than sales and she gets to leave office earlier. :)

Unregistered 03-01-2015 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60946)
there was definitely a pay cut initially as there is no commission for compliance. however she said the overall package did get better after awhile and has surpassed sales now. moreover, pay for compliance is more stable, it is less stressful than sales and she gets to leave office earlier. :)

Sounds great. Mind sharing whats her pay like at the moment? thanks

Unregistered 05-01-2015 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60948)
Sounds great. Mind sharing whats her pay like at the moment? thanks

Kyc/aml is a small subset of compliance
Is she doing the real compliance or merely kyc screening

Unregistered 05-01-2015 06:21 PM

need help

guys need your advice.

i'm doing regulatory work at a law firm now. around 5months. i heard this is a sure way to compliance in a bank but im not really keen in joining compliance. would my skills be relevant in some other department? i wanna break into finance if possible.

thanks!

H.Naka 11-01-2015 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 60946)

Able to share which FI is she working? Thanks.