Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

Unregistered 12-01-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 196344)
Perhaps you can envision fuels and lubes merging too? Since also under the same dept? But why isn’t it happening?

This is just a red herring… tankfarm not enough people - then say so. Don’t give us this kind of grandmother story about merging…

most BT/BU running lean, make sense to merge

Unregistered 12-01-2022 03:47 PM

Can anyone who is currently working in exxon share with us hows the company doing now? The management, jobscope, pay etc thanks!!

Unregistered 12-01-2022 05:23 PM

Process Engineer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 195280)
Anyone received update from process engineer interview in mid Dec?

My fren received a call from hr to go for medical checkup.

Hi Guys,

Anyone interviews and accepted job offer for Process Engineer had a call back for your start date?

Unregistered 12-01-2022 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197308)
Hi Guys,

Anyone interviews and accepted job offer for Process Engineer had a call back for your start date?

Not yet. I am waiting for my start date too.

Unregistered 13-01-2022 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197299)
Can anyone who is currently working in exxon share with us hows the company doing now? The management, jobscope, pay etc thanks!!

what role are you looking at?

Unregistered 14-01-2022 01:58 PM

Quote:

Read the last few pages and also google “layoffs exxonmobil singapore” to find out more about this company. There are no filters, you can see what people are getting on the ground. Raw and uncensored.

Never make that mistake of joining to retire. If you’re joining, leave by the 6th year mark. Else, you’re going to be arrogant and narrowminded.

Unregistered 15-01-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197352)
Not yet. I am waiting for my start date too.

Same here bro. I got an email update saying that my pre-employment is cleared and I am cleared to start. But no start date is given yet.

Unregistered 16-01-2022 02:29 PM

they emailed replied me 3 days ago that they're working on my offer letter and I'll receive soon.

Still waiting...
Already went for interview mid-dec and done my medical before the new year

Are you guys waiting on this similarly?

Unregistered 05-03-2022 12:17 PM

Please reconsider before coming in this company

Quote:

Hi , I am the newest intake since Dec 2021. Had been here for 4 months i think i am qualify to answer you this question. Honestly telling, 90% people are not friendly here. They will make your life real hard because they see new hire as a threat to their rice bowl. For training wise, don't expect guidance, you are on your own. I am currently looking for new job. Good luck for those who want to come in. I am really regret to accept the offer. BTW i was like you before looking for answer in this thread because heard good and bad about Exxon. After real life experience thats it.

Unregistered 05-03-2022 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206348)
Hi , I am the newest intake since Dec 2021. Had been here for 4 months i think i am qualify to answer you this question. Honestly telling, 90% people are not friendly here. They will make your life real hard because they see new hire as a threat to their rice bowl. For training wise, don't expect guidance, you are on your own. I am currently looking for new job. Good luck for those who want to come in. I am really regret to accept the offer. BTW i was like you before looking for answer in this thread because heard good and bad about Exxon. After real life experience thats it.

Take some english courses first.
If you speak like this, no one will be friendly to you

Agreed on the no guidance part but every job is like that. You expect hand holding till you die?
Don't be a strawberry and adapt

Unregistered 08-04-2022 02:51 PM

Went for interview on dec 2021, received offer on march. All are by email, the position was Instrument and electrical tech. Hr seems so cockup that they emailed me saying that i will need to start at this certain date but is not even 30 days in notice for me to tender with current company. Felt half hearted joining this. Im not a diploma holder and they offer me $2100 for office hour? And proudly say that i rejected the position.

Unregistered 09-04-2022 06:35 PM

Any updates with regards to March 20222 interview? I went for an interview for process tech on 15 March 2022. Got an email to proceed with online aptitude test and documentation submission. Followed up with medical.

One thing that I am worried about is Ibwas diagnosed with fatty liver and needed to go for an ultrasound. Does this affect my chances? How long does it take for HR to get back? Anyone with similar experience do share. Appreciate the input.

Thank you.

Unregistered 11-04-2022 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213208)
Any updates with regards to March 20222 interview? I went for an interview for process tech on 15 March 2022. Got an email to proceed with online aptitude test and documentation submission. Followed up with medical.

One thing that I am worried about is Ibwas diagnosed with fatty liver and needed to go for an ultrasound. Does this affect my chances? How long does it take for HR to get back? Anyone with similar experience do share. Appreciate the input.

Thank you.

Control your diet and drink alot of plain water prior the check up. I failed my blood test 3 times. When for scan everything also.

Unregistered 11-04-2022 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213464)
Control your diet and drink alot of plain water prior the check up. I failed my blood test 3 times. When for scan everything also.

If you hear no news or called up by the clinic means good news bro. Just waiting for the offer letter already

Unregistered 11-04-2022 08:59 PM

Thank you all for the prompt replies. I am getting anxious due to the lack of updates. Thank you so much.

I am currently practicing intermittent fasting and started exercising regularly. I hope good news comes soon.

I hope rhe fatty liver diagnosis won't hamper the application chances

Unregistered 18-04-2022 01:06 AM

Anyone got any news with regards to March interview for July 2022 intake? I received email about intent to offer. Is this a good indication I will get the job? Thank you.

The waiting game is killing me. Hahaha

Unregistered 20-04-2022 02:15 PM

Bro think twice before joining, i got 5 years exp but they offer me $2000 for a technician office hour post? And i didnt even have a LETTER OF APPOINTMENT to sign confirming that i will be joining the company, but instead they kept pestering me to tender. So fishy. And heard this year bonus was 0.5 months only and no increment. Better be safe and dont jump into sudden joining exxon. After few emails they ask me to respond, i told then that i will be rejecting their offer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214362)
Anyone got any news with regards to March interview for July 2022 intake? I received email about intent to offer. Is this a good indication I will get the job? Thank you.

Unregistered 22-04-2022 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 214362)

If you hear no news about your medical, and they email you that to wait for the offer letter means, you getting the job soon.

Unregistered 01-05-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206354)
Take some english courses first.
If you speak like this, no one will be friendly to you

Agreed on the no guidance part but every job is like that. You expect hand holding till you die?
Don't be a strawberry and adapt

This is under the belt kind of statement. You read all the emails from the OSes and you think that they speak perfect english? Wake up and smell the coffee. I’ve had many instances where i got cancer just by reading one paragraph. But that doesn’t mean that they are incapable oafs.

The new chap is just saying what he felt, in all honesty, during his few months stay here. You don’t have to shoot him down with all these tiny details like grammar and english, just because he shared a differing view.

You are one of the problems with Exxon Singapore - you only want to hear the good things.

Unregistered 02-05-2022 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197582)
Read the last few pages and also google “layoffs exxonmobil singapore” to find out more about this company. There are no filters, you can see what people are getting on the ground. Raw and uncensored.

Never make that mistake of joining to retire. If you’re joining, leave by the 6th year mark. Else, you’re going to be arrogant and narrowminded.

why 6th year mark?

Unregistered 02-05-2022 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 206348)

what is your role?

Unregistered 06-05-2022 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 216657)
why 6th year mark?

Learn to read. Don’t make people repeat themselves.

Unregistered 28-06-2022 10:46 AM

Guys, no joke. I am one of their contractor stationed in EM plant.
Seriously for fresh grad or potential candidate, don't be sways by their big name.
People here backstab each other in multiple way, pays are not as great as previous era.
Old bird always stand behind their "experience" and use that in every conversation.
Basically tell you that they eat salt more than you eat rice.

And it is true, old bird here are damn cocky, its like a culture here.

I really pity those who have no insider news about what is happening inside here.
There is many stories here that I can't reveal much but stay out of this company.
Consider yourself lucky because there is a dedicated forum here for EM, not like Glassdoor where you can only post a few sentence to review.

Okinawa 30-06-2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213020)
Went for interview on dec 2021, received offer on march. All are by email, the position was Instrument and electrical tech. Hr seems so cockup that they emailed me saying that i will need to start at this certain date but is not even 30 days in notice for me to tender with current company. Felt half hearted joining this. Im not a diploma holder and they offer me $2100 for office hour? And proudly say that i rejected the position.

Instrument and Electrical (IE) sections across jurong and pac experienced a higher than usual attrition rate in the last two years. Alot of work piling up because it’s an old plant, old birds don’t know how to maintain well and old ops techs keep everything under the rug for so long that now everything surfaced and suddenly everything become important / critical to everyday operations.

I’m back again, negotiate faster please.

Unregistered 09-07-2022 12:20 AM

If you know how to network, every company is a good company. Sadly, those who don’t know how to network are typically good employees. One good example is Lee Bong Tong. Old bird from refinery era and have good network. Everyday come to work like going to old folks home for chalet. Never work but take big bucks home.

Unregistered 09-07-2022 08:32 PM

Machinary Technician

Hey guys!

I'm from Saudi Arabia an I applied for the Machinery tech position
In Singapore.. I noticed that my application status has changed to
Application under review.
What does that means? Am I getting an interview?

Also I'm a diploma holder with 8 years of relavent experience.
How much total pay I should expect?

And is the company gonna pay for my Airplane tickets and accommodation
In case of an interview in Malaysia?

Thanks.

Unregistered 12-07-2022 10:46 PM

Recent positions

Hey guys.. Anyone applying for the recent Technician positions
In Singapore?

Okinawa 13-07-2022 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224895)
Hey guys!

I'm from Saudi Arabia an I applied for the Machinery tech position
In Singapore.. I noticed that my application status has changed to
Application under review.
What does that means? Am I getting an interview?

Also I'm a diploma holder with 8 years of relavent experience.
How much total pay I should expect?

And is the company gonna pay for my Airplane tickets and accommodation
In case of an interview in Malaysia?

Thanks.

“Under review” means that they are still shortlisting, i.e. considering other applicants as well. Once they have shortlisted you, they will call or send an email out for the interview. In any case if you’ve applied for a post in Singapore, i’ve not heard of anyone who had his or her airfare reimbursed for the interview. But considering how desperate they are at the moment, i wouldn’t be surprised if they would give you around $5k/month pay not inclusive of bonuses and pay for your flight tickets. If not, they might arrange for a skype interview or something.

Okinawa 13-07-2022 11:06 AM

Apply for Exxonmobil operations technician post but keep your options open. Don’t burn any bridges with your current employer.

I say this because the amount of people who decide to stay after 2 years is in the minority. Many left for reasons like, unable to do their work because seniors are not teaching them enough to pass their post qualification or credit point assessment. In the end, no promotion.

You must understand that the seniors have more and more work to do and cannot be expected to train you well enough as well as getting bombarded by management that we’re not looking after the equipment well. So we respond by taking care of our ricebowls first.

New guys are on your own to go beyond yourselves to learn. And the skills are not taught in a book, cos for Exxon, most of it is proprietary info. Good luck to all newbies.

Unregistered 14-07-2022 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okinawa (Post 225242)
“Under review” means that they are still shortlisting, i.e. considering other applicants as well. Once they have shortlisted you, they will call or send an email out for the interview. In any case if you’ve applied for a post in Singapore, i’ve not heard of anyone who had his or her airfare reimbursed for the interview. But considering how desperate they are at the moment, i wouldn’t be surprised if they would give you around $5k/month pay not inclusive of bonuses and pay for your flight tickets. If not, they might arrange for a skype interview or something.

I have a previous experience in one of ExxonMobil's
joint ventures here in Saudi and I'm hoping
to get an offer for a similar position in Singapore
Where they have the exact same plant.

5k is what I'm actually hoping for but I'm not
doing it for the money.. I just want the experience!

Thanks for your reply.

Unregistered 14-07-2022 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 224844)
If you know how to network, every company is a good company. Sadly, those who don’t know how to network are typically good employees. One good example is Lee Bong Tong. Old bird from refinery era and have good network. Everyday come to work like going to old folks home for chalet. Never work but take big bucks home.

This guy is a scammer.

Greenranger 14-07-2022 10:28 PM

Process tech 1sept2022

Hi, anyone joining the process tech position on 1st Sept 2022? Any info about process tech position guys? Do update anyone🙏🏽

Unregistered 16-07-2022 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greenranger (Post 225369)
Hi, anyone joining the process tech position on 1st Sept 2022? Any info about process tech position guys? Do update anyone🙏🏽

I applied for the Machinery tech. And my status was
(Application received) and after waiting for few days
It changed to (Application under review)

I guess they are still shortlisting everyone!

If you are shortlisted you will be invited to an interview
On the 6th of August in Malaysia.

Goodluck to everyone!

Unregistered 17-07-2022 09:48 PM

Recent positions

Guys.. Any updates about the recent tech positions
In Singapore?

Anyone applied or received an interview invitation?

Please update!

Lee Bong Tong 17-07-2022 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225309)
This guy is a scammer.

Please prepare to receive lawyer letter

Unregistered 21-07-2022 07:23 PM

Hi, anyone get offer from process tech position? Ive got mine yesterday,but however the HR inform me that my medical status still pending and i took the blood test 2 time but fail. And now they book me a slot for ultrasound check etc etc. anyone encounter this issue before? Is the chance of getting in isit slim? :(

Unregistered 21-07-2022 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226056)
Hi, anyone get offer from process tech position? Ive got mine yesterday,but however the HR inform me that my medical status still pending and i took the blood test 2 time but fail. And now they book me a slot for ultrasound check etc etc. anyone encounter this issue before? Is the chance of getting in isit slim? :(

Never go for a blood test on an empty stomach!

The secret is that you eat just a little for your blood to be
Normal.

And don't give up yet.. They might offer you alternative position
Other than the process tech.

Can I ask when did you do your interview and where?

Okinawa 10-08-2022 10:03 PM

Message to new hires

Hi guys,
For new hires, welcome to exxonmobil. You may have just have started a defining point of your working lives. Forget about all the good things which have been said about benefits. The next round of the Collective Agreement will definitely set up to CUT EVEN MORE benefits.

And don’t be in a hurry to unpack your items, cos you’re surely going to leave the company the moment you start to ‘learn the ropes’. Nobody here is interested in grooming you. If you survive the next year or so, good for you. But if you don’t, please understand that we’re not here to teach. We’re here to survive and make a living. Teaching you does not bring us monetary reward, it actually takes our time away from doing our jobs.

Regards,
Old Pegasus

Okinawa 10-08-2022 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226056)

If you’re on medication, it would be wise to declare this to the clinic. EM is desperate, they’ll take you in unless you have a life threatening illness.

Okinawa 10-08-2022 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Bong Tong (Post 225679)
Please prepare to receive lawyer letter

If you’re really the person on the receiving end of defamation, do seek a lawyer’s advice. Btw, did you retire with pension?