Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

Unregistered 25-08-2022 06:30 AM

I saw that Exxonmobil are employing new technicians but there are many bad reviews here. What is it really like to be working in the company? I have some friends who said that the company culture is toxic. Can someone enlighten us here?

Unregistered 06-10-2022 09:33 AM

Refinery upset in PAC

Did you find water in your crude feed? Lol

Management in Exxonmobil is always pushing us to QUICKLY prepare a tank for feed or loading to trucks and ships. Surveyor also pushed to “make sure” that there are no dirt, sediment, water or any questionable things in our product sample. They take sample and then FILTER out the stuff before sending to the LAB.

Everything is good - Lab result. So management always damn happy but they know cannot get 100% clean product. But because they want fast, technicians and surveyors have to cheat.

Everything also want fast, management sweep everything under the carpet until things like Refinery Upset is too big to cover up.

This is the fruit of your - fast fast fast.

Unregistered 22-10-2022 09:13 PM

Missing but not missing

In the latest ‘Saga’ facing Exxonmobil Refinery in Singapore: more than 1,000 barrels of diesel had just vanished into thin air. The incident happened at the Pulau Ayer Chawan (PAC) Refinery when checks after loading onto on an oil tanker revealed a major discrepancy. While discrepancies are a usual occurrence in the Refinery due to measurement accuracy, the variance seen in this particular instance is too huge to ignore. This writer believes that ‘men in places’ choreographing this have gotten complacent amidst the high oil prices of today. Estimated at more than US$150,000, the whole thing was swept under the carpet like nothing had happened. Rechecks on the variance was as rigorous as trying to brush my hair in the morning. It is all just a show to the rest of us who secretly knows, what is going on but are too scared to speak out, fearing backlash and revenge.

Unregistered 22-10-2022 10:03 PM

Sounds like a bad place to work. So many dirty laundry hanging.

Unregistered 22-10-2022 10:29 PM

How's life in the office at harbourfront? Is the working culture and career progression good?

Unregistered 24-10-2022 12:22 PM

ExxonMobil 2022/23 fresh grad pay offers

Hi, has anyone received a pay offer for 2022 or 2023? I was wondering what they offer to fresh grads now, thanks!

Unregistered 25-10-2022 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233286)
Hi, has anyone received a pay offer for 2022 or 2023? I was wondering what they offer to fresh grads now, thanks!

What position?

Unregistered 27-10-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 233364)
What position?

Ahh, technical or commercial? Either

Unregistered 04-11-2022 07:28 PM

does the hr call using +1 american number? got a missed call, wonder if it is them

Unregistered 15-11-2022 06:57 PM

Any fresh graduates got offer or medical for commercial or technical track?

Unregistered 17-11-2022 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 234908)
Any fresh graduates got offer or medical for commercial or technical track?

Went for medical on 31 Oct. commercial role.

Unregistered 17-11-2022 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228903)
I saw that Exxonmobil are employing new technicians but there are many bad reviews here. What is it really like to be working in the company? I have some friends who said that the company culture is toxic. Can someone enlighten us here?

As an ex-employee, the truth is being a supervisor here is really living like a King. Just delegate everything down to your solider and they have to think, execute and take blame for anything that goes wrong.

Don’t think your supervisor plan for your development. They plan so you can do their job.

Unregistered 17-11-2022 10:25 PM

Quote:

As a ex-employee of 7 years in operations, I would like to say working Exxon is not that bad. Btw, i was working in refinery. If you wish to learn more skills, it is a great company to work in. If you wish to have a relax a job, i think you can look elsewhere. Being a MNC, their standard for operation technician is considered high, Therefore, their Basic Operator Training is very comprehensive. The negative side of being a technician is that the workload will be much more than other company especially in the refinery. If you happened to partner a colleague that has 20-30 years of experience, high chance that most of the work will be done by you. For example: routine rounds, collect sample, etc . I agree that the culture can be toxic. Last, they did pay the best OT rate and basic salary in O&G and petrochemical industry.

Unregistered 17-11-2022 10:57 PM

There is a new program called FLS of Tomorrow. By its name, you should know how bad smelly are they to attend this course. Maybe one day they might change the course name to make some cover up.

Unregistered 20-11-2022 05:35 AM

Quote:

I’m a current employee at Exxonmobil and I think that the company is falling downhill. Some of us are waiting for Turnaround to start before we tender our resignation. Max pain, tit for tat.

Unregistered 20-11-2022 08:32 AM

If local uni deg holder join in as technician , ok anot ah? kinda sian with desk job. Feeling sluggish each day.

Unregistered 21-11-2022 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235043)
Went for medical on 31 Oct. commercial role.

Any response or offer after the medical?

Unregistered 21-11-2022 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235360)
Any response or offer after the medical?

hr called on 14 nov, say will send offer letter soon. but yet to receive anything :/

Unregistered 21-11-2022 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235369)
hr called on 14 nov, say will send offer letter soon. but yet to receive anything :/

usually wait 1 or close to 2 weeks.

Unregistered 21-11-2022 07:40 PM

Went for medical on 1st Nov for Commercial, HR said passed medical and waiting for background check. No mention of offer so far.

Unregistered 22-11-2022 10:29 PM

Of course

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235242)
If local uni deg holder join in as technician , ok anot ah? kinda sian with desk job. Feeling sluggish each day.

Of course, you can join and see how incompetent fools can become Front Line Supervisors or even Second Line Supervisors. They know how to talk their way through life. Overpaid incompetent fools, if i may add.

Unregistered 22-11-2022 10:37 PM

Get ready for it

You’d have to be living under a rock to not notice that the current mood on the ground is unhappiness, added with the sheer disregard for working properly. In short, this bo chap attitude which reflects on the amount and scale of injuries and accidents is a sign that your guys just don’t give a damn. We’ll tender our resignations once Turnaround happens. You have been warned.

Unregistered 22-11-2022 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 235466)
Of course, you can join and see how incompetent fools can become Front Line Supervisors or even Second Line Supervisors. They know how to talk their way through life. Overpaid incompetent fools, if i may add.

got a friend working as technician very long already, she say got a aunty is "lead supevisor" But she not sure how the aunty became lead also. The aunty want to act do work "efficiently" but like stupid leh. you work so hard for a company that can replace you at ANYTIME.

Unregistered 23-11-2022 09:35 PM

At least she try. Many didn’t and play politics only.

Have a peer who everyday YES man in front of SLS. But behind the scene filtering information about real credibility and purpose make other people job difficult so he can score. May lord punish and expose them. Give us back the unfair treatment he given to us. We don’t play politics. We just be honest fellow!

Unregistered 29-11-2022 10:34 AM

any commercial 2023 campus recruitment got offer?

Unregistered 29-11-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236035)
any commercial 2023 campus recruitment got offer?

Me and some friends I know got it

Unregistered 30-11-2022 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236099)

Mind sharing what the compensation is like? Thanks!

Unregistered 30-11-2022 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236099)

when did you get the offer? when did you go for medical?

Unregistered 30-11-2022 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236104)
Mind sharing what the compensation is like? Thanks!

Mid 4 with fixed year bonus of 3 months

Unregistered 30-11-2022 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236112)
when did you get the offer? when did you go for medical?

Went for medical on 31 Oct and received offer last Monday

Unregistered 30-11-2022 08:52 PM

rubbish old dirty fossil fuel company. Not a single sign of investments into renewables

Unregistered 30-11-2022 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236162)
rubbish old dirty fossil fuel company. Not a single sign of investments into renewables

actually if you do some simple googling u will find news of Exxon investing in renewables

sancd 01-12-2022 07:59 PM

To anyone who has received second round invite, how much time did it take after the first round to get the update?

Thanks in advance.

Unregistered 01-12-2022 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sancd (Post 236236)
To anyone who has received second round invite, how much time did it take after the first round to get the update?

Thanks in advance.

for me, they informed on the following day of my first interview

sancd 01-12-2022 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236257)
for me, they informed on the following day of my first interview

thanks for sharing

and when was the next interview scheduled for?

Unregistered 01-12-2022 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sancd (Post 236259)
thanks for sharing

and when was the next interview scheduled for?

it was exactly one week after my first interview

sancd 01-12-2022 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236262)
it was exactly one week after my first interview

thanks a ton!

Unregistered 01-12-2022 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sancd (Post 236263)
thanks a ton!

np. all the best!

Unregistered 02-12-2022 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236172)
actually if you do some simple googling u will find news of Exxon investing in renewables

algae? carbon capture? lol

Unregistered 02-12-2022 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 236369)
algae? carbon capture? lol

biofuels and blue hydrogen. Can't believe you cannot do simple googling.