Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

Unregistered 07-02-2015 01:31 PM

it take abt 1-2 months to get back to u. if u r being confirm by them, whole process probably takes abt 6 months.

Unregistered 12-03-2015 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62343)
Hi Guys.

Cn i know how long will EM reply to an online application? I applied starting of this year.

Hi, i submitted online application at mid Feb and I received a call from them within less than 2wks. Gt a interview in the 3rd wks. Waited 1wk plus after the interview and jus received email for medical checkup today.

Unregistered 30-03-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 63970)
Hi, i submitted online application at mid Feb and I received a call from them within less than 2wks. Gt a interview in the 3rd wks. Waited 1wk plus after the interview and jus received email for medical checkup today.

hi there.. i have a interview coming up too on april.. so its just one interview only?.. i heard its 2 rounds of interview.. anyways how was the interview like?.. care to share wat they asked..

Unregistered 30-03-2015 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64706)
hi there.. i have a interview coming up too on april.. so its just one interview only?.. i heard its 2 rounds of interview.. anyways how was the interview like?.. care to share wat they asked..

I'm apply for ops tech position. So far only wen for one interview and then medical check up, was told that they are working out the offer package while waiting for my medical result. Not sure is there anymore interview to go. Hopefully not..the interview wasn't hard, simple intro myself, they will ask you to define safety and teamwork, make sure to read thru company profile and job requirements as they will ask. Show them you have keen and interest. Anw, I heard one of the interviewer said this year they r taking in 2 intakes in May and Nov. Not sure wat he said is true anot.

Can I know wat position you applied for? and all the best for ur interview...

Unregistered 01-04-2015 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 64722)
I'm apply for ops tech position. So far only wen for one interview and then medical check up, was told that they are working out the offer package while waiting for my medical result. Not sure is there anymore interview to go. Hopefully not..the interview wasn't hard, simple intro myself, they will ask you to define safety and teamwork, make sure to read thru company profile and job requirements as they will ask. Show them you have keen and interest. Anw, I heard one of the interviewer said this year they r taking in 2 intakes in May and Nov. Not sure wat he said is true anot.

Can I know wat position you applied for? and all the best for ur interview...

wow congratz.. been called up for medical means u got the job already.. thx for the info btw.. i applied for metals technician..

Unregistered 01-05-2015 11:31 PM

Medical

Hi guys, Just curious. Medical checkup, what will it be like? Like NS checkup?

Unregistered 04-05-2015 11:16 PM

exxon

i think its everyone dream to work at exxon when ur in jurong island but the truth is other chemical companies are paying more than exxon with lesser workload...the only perks about exxon is their bonuses...other than that it simply sucks to the core...even their basic is lower than what most companies in jurong island offers...so my advice is dont get fooled into thinking exxon is a world class company...in terms of pay and increment it is ****

Unregistered 05-05-2015 10:48 AM

Hi, is there anyone going ops techncian interview today? Any tips

Fhaizal 05-05-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66362)
Hi, is there anyone going ops techncian interview today? Any tips

Hi bro, i was at exxon for my interview today. How was yours?

Unregistered 05-05-2015 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fhaizal (Post 66399)

|How is the interview what question they ask any tips

Jal 06-05-2015 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66400)
|How is the interview what question they ask any tips

no particular questions asked. Only had to introduce myself and to describe my life experiences. Yup thats all. All the best!

Unregistered 06-05-2015 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jal (Post 66404)
no particular questions asked. Only had to introduce myself and to describe my life experiences. Yup thats all. All the best!

Last week i receive email from Exxon they told face to face interview next weekend but still no call me, i don't know when is the interview..

Unregistered 06-05-2015 07:32 AM

Mine was okay though, how's yours? They asked to wait within next two weeks.

Unregistered 06-05-2015 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66409)
Mine was okay though, how's yours? They asked to wait within next two weeks.

EM actually is just and average company if were to compare with shell and others . Their basic is low and promotion is quite challenging they have many foreigners and there are many stages of technician for you to be promoted. Other companies pays a lot better eg: denka, lanxess, celanese, shell, evonik. From an experienced shift leader

Elsewhere 06-05-2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fhaizal (Post 66399)

Hey! I went for the interview just now. After the interview, they gave a paper. What column did they tick? I have no idea what is that. Hahaha!

Unregistered 06-05-2015 11:35 AM

Test.

If after the interview, some required to go for some test thingy. Some no need. Why is that so? Anyone can explain? Thanks.

Ama 06-05-2015 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66418)
If after the interview, some required to go for some test thingy. Some no need. Why is that so? Anyone can explain? Thanks.

From my experienced those who given the test have a better chance of securing the jobs.

Jal 06-05-2015 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsewhere (Post 66415)
Hey! I went for the interview just now. After the interview, they gave a paper. What column did they tick? I have no idea what is that. Hahaha!

I didnt receive any paper nor sit for the test. So there goes my chance. Haa.

Unregistered 06-05-2015 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jal (Post 66432)
I didnt receive any paper nor sit for the test. So there goes my chance. Haa.

Hey jal, you didnt? I thought everybody should get? The interviewer will pass you straight after they have interview you. And theres their name and 3 column of boxes to be tick and then that paper should pass to the HR. you applying for what position bro?

Unregistered 06-05-2015 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66418)

Any one tell me I receive email last week, but still not reply when is the interview. ..

Unregistered 06-05-2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66437)
Any one tell me I receive email last week, but still not reply when is the interview. ..

Mine was, they called me and invited me to come down for an interview. Then they will send you an email with the details.

Unregistered 06-05-2015 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66410)
EM actually is just and average company if were to compare with shell and others . Their basic is low and promotion is quite challenging they have many foreigners and there are many stages of technician for you to be promoted. Other companies pays a lot better eg: denka, lanxess, celanese, shell, evonik. From an experienced shift leader

best petrochem co. in sg so far in terms of job secruity, prospects, bonus, benefits etc is still Shell imo

Unregistered 06-05-2015 09:35 PM

I also went for Exxonmobil Ops tech interview today...pretty relaxed and informal, I have also gotten a slip of paper at the end of the interview, but i forget to take a look at it...dunno what that slip means...

Anyway, for OT rate...Exxonmobil is one of the highest paying in this industry.

Good luck to all those that went for the interview.

Unregistered 06-05-2015 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66445)
I also went for Exxonmobil Ops tech interview today...pretty relaxed and informal, I have also gotten a slip of paper at the end of the interview, but i forget to take a look at it...dunno what that slip means...

Hey, You got go for any test? I only get a slip of paper only. Hmmm.

Unregistered 06-05-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

how is the interview wt type of question thy ask ..

Unregistered 07-05-2015 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66433)
Hey jal, you didnt? I thought everybody should get? The interviewer will pass you straight after they have interview you. And theres their name and 3 column of boxes to be tick and then that paper should pass to the HR. you applying for what position bro?

i applied for operation tech.

Unregistered 07-05-2015 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66451)
how is the interview wt type of question thy ask ..

I am an experienced ops tech, they basically ask me about my current plant process flow and daily tasks. They never ask too in depth.

Unregistered 08-05-2015 01:14 AM

I went for the ops tech interview recently. They gave me the slip and i had to sit for the test. Now waiting for their reply.
Anyway, they never really ask any question for me. Had to introduce myself and talk abt my experiences. Basically thats it.

Unregistered 08-05-2015 06:40 AM

Dan

Went interview on Tuesday, just received a call yesterday for medical check up.

Vopak 08-05-2015 06:48 AM

Quote:

EM is overrated and their OT not for newly technician, my current company have a lot of ex EM tech they quit coz of a lot of reasons. Shell, sumitomo, src pays a lot better and better prospect. Universal terminal is coming as well.

Unregistered 08-05-2015 06:56 AM

Shell need strong reccomendation from inside ppl, very hard to get in tbh. You can try your luck though. I am from shell been working for 4 years and we currently hiring trainee tech. Sadly we don't accept WSQ chem process cert. and yeah our prospect and benefits is the best among all the company in petrochemical.

Unregistered 08-05-2015 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66497)
Shell need strong reccomendation from inside ppl, very hard to get in tbh. You can try your luck though. I am from shell been working for 4 years and we currently hiring trainee tech. Sadly we don't accept WSQ chem process cert. and yeah our prospect and benefits is the best among all the company in petrochemical.

union @ shell is one of the most powerful in sg, so they can nego very good things for their members all the time, but the bad side is they tend to be protetctive so a lot of new hires need connection & reference

for white collar exec side i heard the selection is very tough require a lot of test, interview, case study etc., also not easy if u have good deg & work exp

Unregistered 08-05-2015 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66495)

Woah so fast, congrats. I went on the wednesday interview. So you got go for any test after the interview? I only get a slip of paper but no need to go for the test. Some i heard didnt get any slip of paper and no need to go for the test. Curious.

Anyone went on the 6th may interview?

Unregistered 08-05-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66495)

Wah bro. So fast? I also went for tuesday interview. Still no calls.

Unregistered 08-05-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66504)
union @ shell is one of the most powerful in sg, so they can nego very good things for their members all the time, but the bad side is they tend to be protetctive so a lot of new hires need connection & reference

for white collar exec side i heard the selection is very tough require a lot of test, interview, case study etc., also not easy if u have good deg & work exp

From what I heard it's a good place to reitre there, culture like civil service but much better pay.

Unregistered 08-05-2015 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66504)

Yes you are correct our union is strongest in singapore. For technicians also need strong reccomendation, as the hr & recruitment is the one who choose for interview. Which they can be so fussy.

Kokwei 08-05-2015 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66524)
Wah bro. So fast? I also went for tuesday interview. Still no calls.

Yup my medical is next week. And I never received any paper or need to sit for test.

Unregistered 09-05-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kokwei (Post 66534)
Yup my medical is next week. And I never received any paper or need to sit for test.

Congrats bro, what position did you applied for? fresh or experienced tech? I went interview on 6th May...still waiting for reply..

Unregistered 09-05-2015 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 66545)
Congrats bro, what position did you applied for? fresh or experienced tech? I went interview on 6th May...still waiting for reply..

Ops tech fresh graduate. All the best

Unregistered 11-05-2015 12:14 PM

Any one still waiting for interview