Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Exxon Mobil Equipment tech or Operations Tech? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2718-exxon-mobil-equipment-tech-operations-tech.html)

hopeful 22-07-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregisteredred (Post 40211)
Hi hopeful how did u get that basic 1800-1900 from ?
My friend just got from a company that they giving him only 1500 basic for diploma holder

I was offered that range but did not take up in the end. I had previous work experience but not totally related.

Is your friend a fresh grad? He might put the expected salary too low, but offer salary changes from time to time, mine was over a year ago so I don't know if anything changes now..

Unregistered 22-07-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hopeful (Post 40213)
I was offered that range but did not take up in the end. I had previous work experience but not totally related.

Is your friend a fresh grad? He might put the expected salary too low, but offer salary changes from time to time, mine was over a year ago so I don't know if anything changes now..

Fresh dip grad, he told me he did not submit any expected salary ask the company told him fresh grad it's all the same basic ~ :)

Unregistered 23-07-2013 01:22 AM

Guys, if you dont mind me asking, is there any of you who got the email to go for medical check-up whose GPA are below 3?

Unnnn 23-07-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40227)
Guys, if you dont mind me asking, is there any of you who got the email to go for medical check-up whose GPA are below 3?

you means diploma? my friend loh~ he gpa 2.5 nia

Unregistered 26-07-2013 07:17 PM

Why Leh? Because EM only choose the best and high GPA student ?

Unregistered 26-07-2013 07:20 PM

Anyone receive the offer package after went to medical checkup?

Tommy78 27-07-2013 03:56 PM

Not yet recieve

Unregistered 29-07-2013 05:33 PM

Niwae any of u guys resign already while waiting for medical checkup result and offer package? Haha

hopeful 05-08-2013 02:42 AM

anyone received the salary package can share?

Unregistered 06-08-2013 09:19 PM

Good news- Received offer package.
Bad news- not really attractive.

Unregistered 06-08-2013 11:48 PM

Basic + Shift higher than other-S
Bonus much lower than other-S

Unregistered 07-08-2013 12:15 AM

how much is the average overtime for operation technician?

hopeful 07-08-2013 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40881)
Basic + Shift higher than other-S
Bonus much lower than other-S

Bonus is much lower? I thought EM pays 3 months aws plus 2-3 months VB?
Can share the exact pay package? allowance is $980 if im not wrong.

hopeful 07-08-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40882)
how much is the average overtime for operation technician?

Junior tech ranges from 200 to 300
mid level tech from 350 to 450
senior tech from 450 to over 600 depending on how senior.

Just a rough guide for chemical process technicians..

Unregistered 07-08-2013 10:49 PM

How many OT can get per month?

hopeful 08-08-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40935)
How many OT can get per month?

I have seen people chiong 10-11 in a month but that's largely depends on the company system. Some go by rotation, some is free for all... YMMV

Unregistered 08-08-2013 03:19 AM

Sorry bro dont realy und. Go by rotation and free for all meaning..?

hopeful 08-08-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40943)
Sorry bro dont realy und. Go by rotation and free for all meaning..?

Go by rotation means the person is scheduled to cover all the ot for the week and next week another person will cover.

Free for all means anyone can volunteer to take up the ot slots, no scheduled planning.

Unregistered 09-08-2013 11:35 PM

Hi guys, anyone knows hows the shift like for an operation tech??!

Henry 11-08-2013 11:49 PM

After failing to get in Exxon for several positions, I am very interested to try out this position, however I have a degree from NUS which I think I will be overqualified. My friend has gone for an interview with Exxon for this position, and they told him outright that "we do not need you to further your studies". This position is for N Level and upwards.

So, that was quite a downer, I am not sure what other positions I can apply for within the company.

UnregisteredA 24-08-2013 09:14 PM

hi do anyone of u guyz know how is the shift pattern for an operation technician????

pistonjammed 26-08-2013 04:29 PM

anyone here went for the machinery tech interview? i went for the interview recently in june but till nw have not get any email rply...means wat?

Unregistered Amber 30-08-2013 08:58 AM

Analyzer Techinician

Hello guys,

I just want to inquire about analyzer technician position for EM, may i know what is oil analyzer? is it an instrument or an equipment? is it offline and located inside laboratory or attach to piping?

Thank you so much...

Best Regards,
Amber

Unregistered 30-08-2013 09:47 AM

Analyzer Techinician

EM notified me also for analyzer process tech, i'm a freshly grad and maybe i can commence by Oct 2013. how much the salary offer? is it competitive? mine only range from 1800-1900 with no allowance at all since analyzer tech position works form 830-530 M-F and not on a shifting schedule.

Bros, is the offer salary for analyzer tech is fair enough? i mean no allowance at all just the plain basic pay only and probi period is a minimum of 8 months.

need your opinions bros.. thnx..

Unregistereddddd 01-09-2013 07:18 PM

Rounds of Interview

erm hello guys... how mani interviews r there to get through?

Unregistered 10-09-2013 03:28 AM

Em

Hi everybody,

EM is offering 1800-2000 for diploma holders. 1500-1600 for ITE or below. On top of your basic, you will get 5% of your basic pay for Long term saving from EM. Shift allowances is 980. Aws is 3 months. For July, operation tech will receive 2997 for firefighting and other stuff. Also, your performance bonus payout is in July. Depending on your grades varies from 1-3mths.
so there is no such thing as company profit sharing.

Unregistered 10-09-2013 03:46 AM

Hi,

PAC EM is Esso heritage before the merger while EM Pioneer is mobil heritage. Although Esso and Mobil is under one roof now, both culture are worlds apart.
EM Pioneer I believe have the highest turnover of employees due to their seniority culture. If you can blend well with them, you are safe. If not, as a newbie, be prepare to be kick out. Cos your senior have e last say for your confirmation. EM has 6 month probation. They have classroom training, shift familiarisation and OJT. Your confirmation is depend on your attitude. If you cant handle the senior, off you go.
Em is on 12 hrs shift. Alternate weekend off. 2-3-2-3 shift pattern. Pay 90 for transport and the bus will pick and send u at ur blk.
OT will be lesser once new people come in. Thus ur presence in the company will affect some technician income.
Every year, there will be a block test and if you pass, you will get increment on top of your yearly increment.

Unregistered 10-09-2013 01:11 PM

may I know how much do Electrical Engineer(fresh grad degree holder) earn in Exxonmobil?

Unregistered 15-09-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 42243)
may I know how much do Electrical Engineer(fresh grad degree holder) earn in Exxonmobil?

I am interested to know as well. Do they accept electrical engineer with CAP of 3.0? What are my chances?

Unregistered 12-11-2013 02:23 AM

Hi.. can i know how long it takes to get a reply after going for the interview?

Unregistered 12-11-2013 04:56 PM

Bonuses at Exxon Mobil

Hi, guys. I’ve been working as a construction engineer in russian oil company for 7 years, and besides of my salary I had an annual bonus and also 3-months bonuses.

Now I’m applying for the job (same position) at Exxon Mobil Singapore, but I read that at Exxon there are no bonuses AT ALL except for the salary upgrade every year in case of my high performance, is it really so? Because as far as I know in Shell or BP they have bonuses….

Unregistered 27-11-2013 01:56 PM

anyone got invitation interview for operation tech tomorrow at pioneer? what can i expect from the interview ? any heads up ?

westside 27-11-2013 03:41 PM

interview at pioneer tmr

Hi guys.. I will be going for the interview tmr at 12.. I just have n levels dont know if thats gd enough..

Unregistered 27-11-2013 04:31 PM

instru tech

hi guys. has som1 applied for intrumentation tech?

Unregistered 21-08-2014 06:52 PM

Any 1 here is working with exxnmobile as machinary tech? what is the salary range from as a diploma holder with working experience relevant to it? What abt the start range from entry level? Care to share more ?

Unregistered 16-09-2014 12:02 PM

Wait time after interview?

Hi all,

I went for an interview at ExxonMobil at Habourfront approx 4 weeks ago. Based on some of your replies, the HR is known to get back to the interviewee within 2-3 weeks.

Is anyone able to advise on when the HR will call back? (Is there a policy that they WILL DEFINITELY let the interviewee know the outcome?)

Or have i already been silently rejected? :(

Thanks for your inputs!

Unregistered 16-09-2014 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 56431)
Hi all,

I went for an interview at ExxonMobil at Habourfront approx 4 weeks ago. Based on some of your replies, the HR is known to get back to the interviewee within 2-3 weeks.

Is anyone able to advise on when the HR will call back? (Is there a policy that they WILL DEFINITELY let the interviewee know the outcome?)

Or have i already been silently rejected? :(

Thanks for your inputs!

Depends on how senior ur position is. If it's non-managerial (i.e. <250k p.a.) then most likely already rejected, they may call you back if other short listed candidates turn down.

For managerial position esp those global / regional types it is normal to wait for a few months for follow up as there's a lot of clearing red tape with higher ups in other countries or HQ.

Unregistered 21-01-2015 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 45176)
Hi, guys. I’ve been working as a construction engineer in russian oil company for 7 years, and besides of my salary I had an annual bonus and also 3-months bonuses.

Now I’m applying for the job (same position) at Exxon Mobil Singapore, but I read that at Exxon there are no bonuses AT ALL except for the salary upgrade every year in case of my high performance, is it really so? Because as far as I know in Shell or BP they have bonuses….

no bonuses. it's fixed.

Unregistered 05-02-2015 10:10 PM

Hi Guys.

Cn i know how long will EM reply to an online application? I applied starting of this year.

Unregistered 06-02-2015 04:47 PM

FYI to everyone whos interested, this is at max a diploma job. even if you get have a degree, you will be offered diploma pay.