Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered girl 23-01-2015 08:52 PM

Big picture?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61283)
Finally managed to secure a job offer today after many months of job hunting. Will put pen to paper this week before starting my new role. Thanks to all brothers and sisters for your support and encouragement in the forum during my low period. To those who are unemployed, don't give up easily, stay optimist and persevere till the end.

Yes no one is going to let u hold a managerial role without any understanding of the details..

On the other hand, u sound like u have adhd

I also have that...

I'm doing marketing n I make tonnes of mistakes lol

Sohe 26-01-2015 08:52 PM

Enjoy your life and don't fret the small stuff like money

I always knew that when you are a fresh grad, you will be cheap labor meant to be exploit. Well I quitted my first job after only two years and basically went jobless for 8 years. I survived by having very low expenses and doing biz with grants. It was a happy easy going life for eight years. :)

Downside , I missed the housing boom which my peers enjoyed and at 38, secured my second job which pays 8k a month. Of course I did that by fudging my resume and having an ability to think quickly on my feet irregardless of whether I have the experience or knowledge of the subject matter. It's not difficult , it is rare to meet a real pro in anyone's course of work.

Bottom line, I don't agree people should force fit themselves into any job they don't like. Quit and think of what you want to do. U can't if the job suck up your soul.

Unregistered 27-01-2015 05:58 PM

anyone still looking for job?

The company I'm working at is currently hiring, if anyone is still on a look out for jobs, you can drop me an email or send your resume to [email protected].

Cheers!

Unregistered 01-02-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sohe (Post 61910)
I always knew that when you are a fresh grad, you will be cheap labor meant to be exploit. Well I quitted my first job after only two years and basically went jobless for 8 years. I survived by having very low expenses and doing biz with grants. It was a happy easy going life for eight years. :)

Downside , I missed the housing boom which my peers enjoyed and at 38, secured my second job which pays 8k a month. Of course I did that by fudging my resume and having an ability to think quickly on my feet irregardless of whether I have the experience or knowledge of the subject matter. It's not difficult , it is rare to meet a real pro in anyone's course of work.

Bottom line, I don't agree people should force fit themselves into any job they don't like. Quit and think of what you want to do. U can't if the job suck up your soul.

Interesting, and I agree with your outlook on life...elaborate more on how you fudged your resume?

Unregistered 03-02-2015 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 61955)
The company I'm working at is currently hiring, if anyone is still on a look out for jobs, you can drop me an email or send your resume to [email protected].

Cheers!

Could you briefly tell what's your company doing?

Sohe 03-02-2015 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62166)
Interesting, and I agree with your outlook on life...elaborate more on how you fudged your resume?

Well since i was doing small time biz, i kinda have the liberty to write my job scope right? Hence I can tailor my resume to whatever job i am going for. Of course it is not total freedom to write anything. My studies and experience are in engineering i won't claim i have ten years experience practicing law. But in term of management experience/skills, i can pretty much write anything.

Unregistered 03-02-2015 06:50 PM

Hello, I have a local degree (1 year work experience) and am being offered 2.4k for a customer service job. is this acceptable?

Unregistered 03-02-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sohe (Post 62220)
Well since i was doing small time biz, i kinda have the liberty to write my job scope right? Hence I can tailor my resume to whatever job i am going for. Of course it is not total freedom to write anything. My studies and experience are in engineering i won't claim i have ten years experience practicing law. But in term of management experience/skills, i can pretty much write anything.

why'd you suddenly want to get back to a salaried boss after being your own boss for so long?

Sohe 03-02-2015 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62228)
why'd you suddenly want to get back to a salaried boss after being your own boss for so long?

Obviously 8k a month plus bonuses has better prospects compared to my free and easy but uncertain income boss life .

Sohe 04-02-2015 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62222)
Hello, I have a local degree (1 year work experience) and am being offered 2.4k for a customer service job. is this acceptable?

My opinion is always

a) ask for a higher pay than what they offered during interview. This is the best time to negotiate your pay.
b) if you fail to get it, take the job if you like the job and ask for the raise upon confirmation.
c) if you fail on both attempts and think you deserve better, quit and get another job.

Bottomline, no one will make it "fair" for you. You have to fight for it.