Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 10-01-2018 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103747)
Job market is not so rosy as before.

Quit after you secured a job. No matter how bad the current situation is. Unless you are advised by your doc to quit due to health reason then no choice. Otherwise, don't jump until you have another job offer. It is like jumping into the vast sea and desperately waiting for another ship to pick you up.

Always secure a job before quitting. Someone I know jobless for 9 months and got a job which he stayed only for 3 months and quitted due to politics.

It is daunting to leave without a job. Unless you have a passive income that can replace your current income.

Unregistered 10-01-2018 01:45 PM

Saying is easy.. best strategy is still to keep as much savings as possible when one is working.

So that when the time comes for one to transit into finding that less intolerable job, one need not be too rigid and suffering as to tie himself to die die have to work till a new and better job picks him up...

Life should be less stifling...

Unregistered 10-01-2018 02:26 PM

Yeah... couldn't find job for 6 months plus (IT/programmer) because "no experience". Ended up doing freelance work for about one year, then got offered entry level job but by this time my freelance making more money than the entry level liao, plus more flexible.

Afterward headhunter approached me to manage an IT team. Guess its all about experience experience, fresh grads in fields who cannot freelance just suck thumb lo.

Unregistered 11-01-2018 06:11 PM

can spare me some change?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103126)
Review of 2017

2017 was a good year.

I have enjoyed 5 years of happy retirement from the corporate world. My wealth also grew in tandem with the global markets. My investments gave me a nice passive income for my livelihood.

I am blessed with many blessings. I own a three-bedroom luxurious condominium unit located in a good location, investment properties and stocks which generate passive income and a continental luxury sedan. I have a happy family, good friends, overseas holidays, etc.

I have also taken better care of my health. My health has improved. I can enjoy life more with better health.

I am very grateful for all my blessings.

I am looking forward to my 50th birthday.

Unregistered 11-01-2018 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickyOh (Post 103793)
Never quit. I've experienced to be jobless for 6 months and those long months felt like my whole world was shutting down. Sent hundreds of CVs and went to interviews until finally I was able to land a good job where I am happy now. Just keep on trying.

I stupid to quit bcos of a breakup. Now three months sit at home not funny. Really messed up.

Unregistered 11-01-2018 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickyOh (Post 103793)
Never quit. I've experienced to be jobless for 6 months and those long months felt like my whole world was shutting down. Sent hundreds of CVs and went to interviews until finally I was able to land a good job where I am happy now. Just keep on trying.

Good for you. Can share which industry, entry or mid level roles, perm etc? Did you have any pay adjustment?

Unregistered 16-01-2018 04:09 PM

6.5 months and counting..

Resigned without getting a job due to overwhelming stress till affecting my physical health..

Unregistered 16-01-2018 04:59 PM

I am also contemplating to resign without a job as my current job is too stressful (e.g. work OT very often and even on weekends) and having to do work of other colleagues who resigned or short-staffed in their departments. Fast pace work environment also as emails send to me are expected to be responded almost immediately or on same day. Of if received on sat or sun deadline given is Monday. Even on leave also will kena work queries or worse still ask to go back to office and/or cancel leave.

Unregistered 16-01-2018 05:29 PM

Jobless for 8 months 5 days

A diploma grad here. Completed NS in May last year. Still jobless until now. Sigh

Unregistered 16-01-2018 05:48 PM

AS long as u have at least 1 year of reserve and not too old, u may consider taking a break to smell the roses 1st.. and look for the next better job.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103871)
I am also contemplating to resign without a job as my current job is too stressful (e.g. work OT very often and even on weekends) and having to do work of other colleagues who resigned or short-staffed in their departments. Fast pace work environment also as emails send to me are expected to be responded almost immediately or on same day. Of if received on sat or sun deadline given is Monday. Even on leave also will kena work queries or worse still ask to go back to office and/or cancel leave.