Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Anyone jobless for a long time before? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2271-anyone-jobless-long-time-before.html)

Unregistered 22-11-2017 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100738)
Lost my job recently. 44 this yr

Very worry that can't find a job anymore

Saving can only tong for 10 months

Sigh...

Trying to be positive but when all the people around you are working except u, u can't help but feel useless to be lazing at home.

I would like to help. We are looking for right people who want to earn extra income through lifestyle. No physical products. No experience needed. As long age 18 years above.

If interested, can email me at

Unregistered 28-11-2017 01:59 PM

Looking for job

Lost my job as an accountant. I am 49. Worry not able to get a permanent job anymore. Face age discrimination during job application.

Unregistered 28-11-2017 03:11 PM

Don't worry.

Accountant still has value and demand. Try SME sector.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102465)
Lost my job as an accountant. I am 49. Worry not able to get a permanent job anymore. Face age discrimination during job application.

Unregistered 07-12-2017 08:50 PM

When in 40s, its really very challenging to land a decent job.. Too many younger cheaper grads to vie for same position.. This is bad... real bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100738)
Lost my job recently. 44 this yr

Very worry that can't find a job anymore

Saving can only tong for 10 months

Sigh...

Trying to be positive but when all the people around you are working except u, u can't help but feel useless to be lazing at home.

muhdandika 12-12-2017 02:18 PM

Anyone still jobless? Jobstreet now not so many openings for entry level. Is january a good month to apply jobs in Singapore?

Unregistered 14-12-2017 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muhdandika (Post 103084)
Anyone still jobless? Jobstreet now not so many openings for entry level. Is january a good month to apply jobs in Singapore?

actually a lot of companies calling for interviews now so that they can have the candidates start in jan. Do apply asap

Unregistered 15-12-2017 08:42 AM

Review of 2017

2017 was a good year.

I have enjoyed 5 years of happy retirement from the corporate world. My wealth also grew in tandem with the global markets. My investments gave me a nice passive income for my livelihood.

I am blessed with many blessings. I own a three-bedroom luxurious condominium unit located in a good location, investment properties and stocks which generate passive income and a continental luxury sedan. I have a happy family, good friends, overseas holidays, etc.

I have also taken better care of my health. My health has improved. I can enjoy life more with better health.

I am very grateful for all my blessings.

I am looking forward to my 50th birthday.

Unregistered 15-12-2017 10:50 AM

Pls show more sensitivity to those that have no job.

Its not a thread for one to show off how well lived he/she is...

Unregistered 15-12-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103126)
Review of 2017

2017 was a good year.

I have enjoyed 5 years of happy retirement from the corporate world. My wealth also grew in tandem with the global markets. My investments gave me a nice passive income for my livelihood.

I am blessed with many blessings. I own a three-bedroom luxurious condominium unit located in a good location, investment properties and stocks which generate passive income and a continental luxury sedan. I have a happy family, good friends, overseas holidays, etc.

I have also taken better care of my health. My health has improved. I can enjoy life more with better health.

Good that life is looking good for you.
Perhaps you want to share how good your foresights in your investments.

But everyone has their own journey.
Do stick to the topic about job seeking.

If you want to talk about how much you earn by the time you hit 45/50, there is another thread. You will be welcome there

Unregistered 16-12-2017 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103126)
Review of 2017

2017 was a good year.

Get back into the working world... cos clearly retirement has had a detrimental effect on your general awareness of context and EQ. Your mental health has confirm deteriorated. I think you are confusing the monopoly game you played the other night with your current life standing. Also, if you use the word blessing one more time, i think you may strike totto. People in this thread are worried abt finding another job... you should be worried about your status as a human being being close to becoming revoked.