Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 15-07-2014 06:56 PM

Hi all.. Can I ask u guys a question. I have the contact numbers of 2 HR officers - one who called and emailed me to go down for the job interview and the other one who is part of the panel of interviewers. If I wish to call to check on the outcome of the interview, who should I call? Thanks.

RedOrangeYellow 15-07-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53422)
Hi all, i went for an interview last week , no news till now and there's similar ads posted in career@gov with new deadline today. However, I did call yesterday and the hr said the results not yet finalized. I feel worried. Does that I mean I failed the interview?

You are too anxious. It is only 1 week of waiting. Come back to post your reply at about late Aug to mid Sept.

Unregistered 15-07-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedOrangeYellow (Post 53438)
You are too anxious. It is only 1 week of waiting. Come back to post your reply at about late Aug to mid Sept.

The HR actually told me that if shortlisted for 2nd round, they will call me within a week. If late Aug to mid Sept, it seems too long for the selection.

Unregistered 16-07-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53384)
I also just called the HR after 2 weeks and the person told me the results will only be known maybe later this week and next week. But i have no idea why the checks can take so long. Maybe the HR is compiling those shortlisted and rejected and release all at the same time.

is it common to release shortlisted and rejected results at the same time? or rejected ones will know their results earlier than successful ones? because im still awaiting results after pre employment medical.. and dont know if a long wait means i am being selected or eventually it will be false hope..

Unregistered 16-07-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53431)
Hi all.. Can I ask u guys a question. I have the contact numbers of 2 HR officers - one who called and emailed me to go down for the job interview and the other one who is part of the panel of interviewers. If I wish to call to check on the outcome of the interview, who should I call? Thanks.

for myself i called the person who emailed me to go down, as we have exchanged emailed several times regarding the arrangement of interviews so i basically did a follow up with him and was told to wait for 3-4 weeks.

Unregistered 16-07-2014 04:56 PM

Reference Checks

Can anyone share when reference checks are done by a hiring ministry/statboard during the hiring process?

It seems like my references have been contacted but I only went for the first interview. Seems kind of weird for reference checks so early on, no?

Unregistered 16-07-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53469)
Can anyone share when reference checks are done by a hiring ministry/statboard during the hiring process?

It seems like my references have been contacted but I only went for the first interview. Seems kind of weird for reference checks so early on, no?

you have asked your references?

Did anyone know what to check with references? responsibilities? leadership skills? job duties? salaries? or even including warning letters etc

Unregistered 16-07-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53469)

Huh reference checks after just the first interview? I thought reference checks are only conducted when the company is serious about hiring u.

Unregistered 17-07-2014 06:16 PM

I applied for a position three months ago. Is it normal that the company now call in to ask one question and then tell me that I will be informed in a week time if shortlisted?

Unregistered 17-07-2014 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53500)
I applied for a position three months ago. Is it normal that the company now call in to ask one question and then tell me that I will be informed in a week time if shortlisted?

Shortlist u for interview? Omg 3 months is crazily long. Which ministry/stat board is that?