Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

trastus 27-03-2016 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishy (Post 82181)
I see...
That is for the whole process?
I am wondering about the duration from the submission of application to the call up for 1st interview.
I emailed the HR, as it has been 5 weeks since i last put in my application. I was informed that they are processing the applications. on the auto-generated acknowledgement email of job application, they stated shortlisted applicants would be called up for interviews within 8 weeks of application.. I guess I have to continue waiting ....

I have submitted my applications for close to a month now, 2 have turned to "In Processing" and the rest are still "Submitted". When it turns to "In Processing", I'm quite sure that the HR has viewed your application, but it does not necessarily mean that they will call you up. But if shortlisted, then they will get in contact with you, which is what happened for one of them for me.

I'm hoping that the other one which is in processing, calls me up for well. But different statboards/ministry has different 'speed' in doing so. If you're lucky like one of my friends, he submitted, got called up for interview next week and a second interview the week after. He got the job within 3 weeks+ since application

Hope this helps!

Fishy 28-03-2016 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trastus (Post 82199)
I have submitted my applications for close to a month now, 2 have turned to "In Processing" and the rest are still "Submitted". When it turns to "In Processing", I'm quite sure that the HR has viewed your application, but it does not necessarily mean that they will call you up. But if shortlisted, then they will get in contact with you, which is what happened for one of them for me.

I'm hoping that the other one which is in processing, calls me up for well. But different statboards/ministry has different 'speed' in doing so. If you're lucky like one of my friends, he submitted, got called up for interview next week and a second interview the week after. He got the job within 3 weeks+ since application

Hope this helps!

Congrats on your interview for one of them! Best of luck! :)
yea.. i figure out so too.. and I read on the career@gov portal (under FAQs) not to expect all to go and fiddle with the status to indicate change in processing status. Some will just leave it be.. so the status can remain as 'submitted' forever...

trastus 29-03-2016 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishy (Post 82241)
Congrats on your interview for one of them! Best of luck! :)
yea.. i figure out so too.. and I read on the career@gov portal (under FAQs) not to expect all to go and fiddle with the status to indicate change in processing status. Some will just leave it be.. so the status can remain as 'submitted' forever...

Thanks! :)

Well yup that's correct, some don't bother updating while some will update. I have also seen cases of status turning into "Unsuccessful". So if it's "In Processing" or "Submitted" , at least there's still hope! :)

Unregistered 29-03-2016 07:08 PM

If you had been dismiss from public service job 5 years ago, can you still apply for another public service job and be successful ?

Unregistered 29-03-2016 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82338)
If you had been dismiss from public service job 5 years ago, can you still apply for another public service job and be successful ?

What do you mean by dismiss?

Were you on contract or already a perm? If on contract, were you terminated or dismissed (these are 2 different processes)?

If you were a perm, were you phased out via the exit process (ie. grade E for a few appraisals)?

The answer to your question depends on how you actually left.

Unregistered 30-03-2016 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82338)

are you banned for applying another public service job?

Unregistered 30-03-2016 01:27 PM

hey guys, approximately how long did you guys get a reply from hr after submitting your application in careers@gov?

earliest one i sent was about 9 mar but have yet to receive any replies..

Unregistered 30-03-2016 01:29 PM

Many other jobs other than cs, would advise you to look elsewhere. I believe it will be tough to open a can of worms again during the interview in cs. This is just a small set-back - dont sweat it. Pick yourself up again in a brand new set up.

Fishy 30-03-2016 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82379)
hey guys, approximately how long did you guys get a reply from hr after submitting your application in careers@gov?

earliest one i sent was about 9 mar but have yet to receive any replies..

Moi submitted even earlier.. Mid Feb.. no reply too.. status still shows 'submitted'..
asked HR, they said processing..they said will notify within 8 weeks (from date of submission, i presume).. so still waiting...

Unregistered 30-03-2016 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 82357)
What do you mean by dismiss?

Were you on contract or already a perm? If on contract, were you terminated or dismissed (these are 2 different processes)?

If you were a perm, were you phased out via the exit process (ie. grade E for a few appraisals)?

The answer to your question depends on how you actually left.

A perm staff. Got dismissal for misconduct.
So wondering if there still chances to apply into CS after 5 years ?