Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

in3deep 21-07-2014 08:47 PM

wonder how u all cope during the period after an interview

not knowing whether you made it or not...

Unregistered 21-07-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 53608)
wonder how u all cope during the period after an interview

not knowing whether you made it or not...

That period would be the toughest period, swinging between hoping and disappointment.

in3deep 21-07-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53614)
That period would be the toughest period, swinging between hoping and disappointment.

yah

:(

its going to be a week since my 1st intw...

losing abit of hope lioa

Unregistered 21-07-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 53616)
yah

its going to be a week since my 1st intw...

losing abit of hope lioa

U only wait a week only. I have waited more than a month before I decided to give up.

Unregistered 21-07-2014 11:06 PM

I called up the Stat board I applied to after slightly more than 1 week and was told verbally that i got the job. However, they need another 2 weeks to before the offer letter is ready. I was wondering will the Stat board/ministry keep their verbal offer? I have another likely offer in the works and i dont want to reject the offer only to find out later that the Stat board decide to withdraw the verbal offer. Any advice?

in3deep 21-07-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53619)
I called up the Stat board I applied to after slightly more than 1 week and was told verbally that i got the job. However, they need another 2 weeks to before the offer letter is ready. I was wondering will the Stat board/ministry keep their verbal offer? I have another likely offer in the works and i dont want to reject the offer only to find out later that the Stat board decide to withdraw the verbal offer. Any advice?

Congrats!

i think no harm calling HR and double checking tt your offer will not be withdrawn

tell them your current difficulty and say u really wish to work for them but would need to clarify to make sure that the offer would stand

btw... u needed to call HR before they told u that u got job? if not they also wont take initiative to call u?

in3deep 21-07-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53618)
U only wait a week only. I have waited more than a month before I decided to give up.

wah

they dun let u know if you have been rejected?

Unregistered 22-07-2014 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in3deep (Post 53622)
wah

they dun let u know if you have been rejected?

I guess not.. Some government agencies only inform candidates who are shortlisted.

Unregistered 22-07-2014 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53619)

Request for an email confirmation instead. At least have legal guarantee I suppose. My friend kena played after being told having verbal offeryet waited for three months after calling to hr repeatedly. End up telling my friend that the upper mgmt decided not to approve the position.

in3deep 22-07-2014 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 53625)
Request for an email confirmation instead. At least have legal guarantee I suppose. My friend kena played after being told having verbal offeryet waited for three months after calling to hr repeatedly. End up telling my friend that the upper mgmt decided not to approve the position.

These kind of companies should be named and shamed

Rejecting is easy but imagine how it is for the candidate who prob would have made plans

:mad: