Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 05-01-2023 09:45 PM

applying and sending CV like snowflakes

Unregistered 05-01-2023 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238232)
Hi, can new singapore citizens work as a civil servant?

My friend got rejected during background check because he was not born in singapore though he's a singapore citizen now. What about those born in singapore and became a singapore citizen later on?

can wash toilets and pantry in one of the stat boards. sure accept u

Unregistered 08-01-2023 09:51 AM

start of week 2 of 2023

Unregistered 08-01-2023 03:37 PM

got selected hr 1months plus ago already still haven’t got my LOA , processing seen very slow

Unregistered 09-01-2023 08:34 PM

managed to reach the HTX HR that helped to arrange for my 2nd interview and he said hiring side no decision yet, but hiring asked me to check with HR..

Not sure if the HR is joking, he said if usually rejection will inform, if no news yet means good news...

Unregistered 09-01-2023 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238445)
managed to reach the HTX HR that helped to arrange for my 2nd interview and he said hiring side no decision yet, but hiring asked me to check with HR..

Not sure if the HR is joking, he said if usually rejection will inform, if no news yet means good news...

no news means backup

Unregistered 10-01-2023 02:30 PM

MCI Application Timeline

Is this normal? How many times does this typically continue to repeat? Typically how long does it take after application before HR contacts us for interviews assuming shortlisted?

Applied in mid Dec 2022 for 3 different roles.

Noticed 2 of these 3 roles expired in Dec2022 & new openings for the exact same 2 roles appear the next day. These same roles expired again in Jan2022 & new openings for the exact same 2 roles appear yet again the next day. zzzz

It appears they probably do not have enough potential candidates to shortlist for interviews & thus kept recycling these job openings in hopes of attracting new applicants.

Unregistered 10-01-2023 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238479)
Is this normal? How many times does this typically continue to repeat? Typically how long does it take after application before HR contacts us for interviews assuming shortlisted?

Noticed 2 of these 3 roles expired in Dec2022 & new openings for the exact same 2 roles appear the next day. These same roles expired again in Jan2022 & new openings for the exact same 2 roles appear yet again the next day. zzzz

It appears they probably do not have enough potential candidates to shortlist for interviews & thus kept recycling these job openings in hopes of attracting new applicants.

Depends, some roles are also unofficially reserved for certain parachutes

Unregistered 10-01-2023 03:30 PM

Quote:

don't think is just unique to MCI
i see PSD also lidat
advertise 3 openings whh i apply around end November / early Dec
fast forward to now 2nd week of Jan 2023
the openings r up again to hire

so is they can't get enough CVs?
or the hiring team not on the ball or what?

Unregistered 10-01-2023 03:47 PM

Quote:

bro u are wrong. the careersgov sg posting auto repost until someone takes it down. the entire process from 1st shortlist, to 1st interview, to g50 clearance, to sign contract takes months. during this period, the posting will auto repost . so pls dont overthink that the HR manually repost it cos they do not have candidates. they have many candidates to choose from at all times