Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

yeye1 18-04-2023 11:08 PM

How long does the offer letter from Stat board come? There is only 1 official employment/contract letter from HR right? after All that processes/security/clearance/background checks/reference checks etc? really anxious and worried as I have been jobless for 6 months..with 1.5 years of expereinces and went for 50 government job interviews............

yeye1 19-04-2023 12:23 AM

Does Government jobs have access to our CPF statement or filing of employment record with HR from previous jobs just with our NRIC?

recently I got terminated from a private company due to company budget, unsure if this will affect my employment chances with government job?
I did not declare this in my resume/CV

really worried..stressed and anxious here...since I have been jobless for 6 months already...............

Unregistered 19-04-2023 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeye1 (Post 246569)
How long does the offer letter from Stat board come? There is only 1 official employment/contract letter from HR right? after All that processes/security/clearance/background checks/reference checks etc? really anxious and worried as I have been jobless for 6 months..with 1.5 years of expereinces and went for 50 government job interviews............

Yes, 1 only - the offer letter = Letter of Appointment. The one with the respective SB logo on letterhead or Coat of Arms (for Civil Service). Usually takes a few weeks to 2 months-ish from date of interview to the LOA, for the reasons u stated above + approval from CE etc. This is not counting salary negotiation attempts between u and HR. Roles that are more sensitive or need high security clearance will take longer also.

Salute u for going for 50 cs/sb interviews - but all 50 kena rejected?

Unregistered 19-04-2023 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246565)
What the heck is “working aura”? LOL

i meant the working vibes lor

Unregistered 19-04-2023 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeye1 (Post 246573)
Does Government jobs have access to our CPF statement or filing of employment record with HR from previous jobs just with our NRIC?

recently I got terminated from a private company due to company budget, unsure if this will affect my employment chances with government job?
I did not declare this in my resume/CV

really worried..stressed and anxious here...since I have been jobless for 6 months already...............

surely they are able to check for your employment history to verify
with one NRIC number sure can check one lah

why u never declare leh?
nothing to hide right?
the more u try to hide, u think the hiring team's HR won't sense any red flag / red card?

Unregistered 19-04-2023 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeye1 (Post 246569)

50 interviews?
wah your hit rate considered not bad liao imho

Unregistered 19-04-2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246562)
when u say u appear to be mismatch/fit with your current stat board, in what sense?
culture?
ego?
working style?
working aura?

Hi, I am the original poster which you had replied. For my case, it is a mismatch on the working style, culture and scope (and the travelling distance about 2hr plus to and fro). My feel is that I am surely not suitable and I am feeling upset and miserable in this new work.

Unregistered 19-04-2023 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246592)
Hi, I am the original poster which you had replied. For my case, it is a mismatch on the working style, culture and scope (and the travelling distance about 2hr plus to and fro). My feel is that I am surely not suitable and I am feeling upset and miserable in this new work.

style, culture, scope in what sense?
more red tapes between A & B?
or the demography of the office team?

travel time wise --> tht one much as is sucky, for a mid-career person like myself who is waiting for the full time offer to appear (if it ever does) to allow me to switch from my current SB temp role, if the place is reachable by MRT, i would still prolly still take it

i can relate to some of things u mention.

Unregistered 19-04-2023 01:48 PM

not sure if this is the right forum, any1 able to share, went for interview at NUS end feb. 1 week ago HR emailed to inform that they are working on my application and to submit referee and and payslips details to take candidature ahead. Does it mean that they will offer?

Unregistered 19-04-2023 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246605)
not sure if this is the right forum, any1 able to share, went for interview at NUS end feb. 1 week ago HR emailed to inform that they are working on my application and to submit referee and and payslips details to take candidature ahead. Does it mean that they will offer?

Well it seems like you are very likely the chosen candidate or at least the final shortlist that they are doing reference checks for