Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

khhome06 19-04-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165939)
Is it software engineer role?
if it is, then u see how long they will get back to u, if they interested in u, they will reply u very fast

I not TS but in similar situation. Almost 2 weeks after first round informal interview.
Its normal for the wait or should I start to contact HR for update?

Unregistered 19-04-2021 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165939)
Is it software engineer role?
if it is, then u see how long they will get back to u, if they interested in u, they will reply u very fast

Nope. Not for engineering role. For AM role which requires engineering degree

Unregistered 19-04-2021 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khhome06 (Post 165943)
I not TS but in similar situation. Almost 2 weeks after first round informal interview.
Its normal for the wait or should I start to contact HR for update?

Depends on what the interviewers told u? The informal interview I attended, the DD mentioned 2-3 weeks. But I got contacted by HR in around 8 working days. Roughly 1.5weeks.

Another SB told me 1-2weeks after Informal interview and I was contacted by the HR in close to 2 weeks.

Then I got another informal interview and was told 3-5weeks. It has been 6 weeks, so I’ll just take it as unsuccessful.

I usually asked for typical timeline after interview.

khhome06 20-04-2021 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165952)
Depends on what the interviewers told u? The informal interview I attended, the DD mentioned 2-3 weeks. But I got contacted by HR in around 8 working days. Roughly 1.5weeks.

Another SB told me 1-2weeks after Informal interview and I was contacted by the HR in close to 2 weeks.

Then I got another informal interview and was told 3-5weeks. It has been 6 weeks, so I’ll just take it as unsuccessful.

I usually asked for typical timeline after interview.

Thanks alot!!

Toward end of informal interview, they told me if shortlisted will have formal interview with director.

While waiting, can i also ask usually what is the purpose of second formal with director? I read the entire thread from page 1.

Some mention its formality only as already pass DD level. Other mention is tie breakers if there's more than one qualify candidate.

Unregistered 20-04-2021 05:22 PM

When does URA reply?

Hi forummers!

I just completed two rounds of interviews at URA recently with the second round done two weeks ago. Anyone has any experience on when HR will reply?

Thank you!

Unregistered 20-04-2021 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khhome06 (Post 166022)
Thanks alot!!

Toward end of informal interview, they told me if shortlisted will have formal interview with director.

While waiting, can i also ask usually what is the purpose of second formal with director? I read the entire thread from page 1.

Some mention its formality only as already pass DD level. Other mention is tie breakers if there's more than one qualify candidate.

This is something I’m unsure too. I got two formal interviews coming. One this week and another next week.

Maybe let me know what you know after that?

Unregistered 21-04-2021 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 165940)
After passing 3 rounds of interview ( 1 round of online coding + 2 rounds of video conference with panelists), i have asked hr about the feedback 1 day after the round 3 interview, hr has replied me with the following message:
"We are expecting the result to be out in 3 weeks’ time after the interview as we are required to get clearance from various approving officer and agencies.Will keep you updated again once it is ready, thanks!"

so what does that mean from various approving officer and agencies? what agencies hr refers to?
Can someone advise on the chance of getting offer? thanks

Just wait, think they will offer u once they clear their sides ! Congrats

khhome06 21-04-2021 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166027)
This is something I’m unsure too. I got two formal interviews coming. One this week and another next week.

Maybe let me know what you know after that?

Okay sure but i haven't recieve any invitation for formal interview so likely (and if i do received) most likely you will have completed yours.

Unregistered 21-04-2021 04:43 PM

2 different starboard.

Both of them told me around 2 weeks, but both of them come back to me in 3 weeks+.

Unregistered 22-04-2021 09:23 PM

Is it the norm to have two interviews? I just went for one, and it was already with four people, including the person who holds the "Director" title in the department I applied for.