Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 30-10-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148334)
Awaiting for clearance, been 4 weeks already, The wait is gruesome.

U singaporean or PR?

Unregistered 30-10-2020 12:54 PM

Not sure if anyone encounter this before. Went for interview at ministry, and was told they are keen to move things forward. Asked for reference check preferably reporting relationship. Submit CSAF and certificates. Monitored the status via Careers@Gov, it changed from in process>shotlisted>unsuccessful.
Not sure does this mean i never pass thru the stages?

Unregistered 30-10-2020 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148352)
Not sure if anyone encounter this before. Went for interview at ministry, and was told they are keen to move things forward. Asked for reference check preferably reporting relationship. Submit CSAF and certificates. Monitored the status via Careers@Gov, it changed from in process>shotlisted>unsuccessful.

I think u are unsuccessful lor.

Try again.

Unregistered 30-10-2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148352)

Hi may I know which ministry? I am facing similar situation

1. First interview done
2. Second interview done
Got a verbal offer
3. Reference check done
4. Check of educational documents

All this happened over 4 weeks and today I saw the ad posted again and no news from HR despite emailing them. Usually got a response quite immediate. Getting super dejected now

Unregistered 30-10-2020 05:11 PM

Would like to ask a dumb question. Been wanting to do a career switch after my masters and I have trying my luck in applying for several similar positions of a ministry. However, my application always turns out unsuccessful after a few days. The thing is I seem to be fulfill the job requirements and the position is junior level.

As the industry is my “dream Job“, is there a way to know why is my application unsuccessful? Will it be too desperate to email the HR person to ask where do I fall short or how can I improve my resume before they reconsider me again?

Unregistered 30-10-2020 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148356)
Hi may I know which ministry? I am facing similar situation

1. First interview done
2. Second interview done
Got a verbal offer
3. Reference check done
4. Check of educational documents

All this happened over 4 weeks and today I saw the ad posted again and no news from HR despite emailing them. Usually got a response quite immediate. Getting super dejected now

After u got a verbal offer, I advise u to give them a follow up email/sms/whatsapp.

Did they told u that they have conducted reference check?

Unregistered 30-10-2020 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148362)
Would like to ask a dumb question. Been wanting to do a career switch after my masters and I have trying my luck in applying for several similar positions of a ministry. However, my application always turns out unsuccessful after a few days. The thing is I seem to be fulfill the job requirements and the position is junior level.

As the industry is my “dream Job“, is there a way to know why is my application unsuccessful? Will it be too desperate to email the HR person to ask where do I fall short or how can I improve my resume before they reconsider me again?

Ur masters local?.. plus u got exp work in gov sector before. If u do chances are higher.. if newbie u need to fight for it.. usually entry level just need degree holders.. they wont want to hire an over qualified person and demand higer pay when can get a degree holder with lesser pay

Unregistered 01-11-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148363)
After u got a verbal offer, I advise u to give them a follow up email/sms/whatsapp.

Did they told u that they have conducted reference check?

Yep, my references were also contacted and I got confirmation that it was done

Unregistered 02-11-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148394)
Ur masters local?.. plus u got exp work in gov sector before. If u do chances are higher.. if newbie u need to fight for it.. usually entry level just need degree holders.. they wont want to hire an over qualified person and demand higer pay when can get a degree holder with lesser pay

Yea local, currently 4 years working in stat board.

Unregistered 02-11-2020 09:07 AM

I just saw my job application changed from submitted to shortlisted (not sure when, didnt log in often). Does that mean they will contact me soon for an interview?