Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Svc/ Statboard - Typical Timeline for making a Hiring Decision (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/2023-civil-svc-statboard-typical-timeline-making-hiring-decision.html)

Unregistered 10-03-2020 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129864)
depending on the TA, which position u applied?

It's for a position under FSD/FDG

Unregistered 10-03-2020 05:31 PM

Hi! Anybody here attended an interview with MOE before? For a non-teaching role? Wondering what is a typical hiring processing time for MOE since they do mass hiring.
Thanks in advance.

Unregistered 11-03-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129891)
Hello all, may I ask about how long does IRAS typically take to send out a written offer/contract? I received a verbal offer 1 week ago, but I have yet to receive a written offer as of now. Not sure if I should just wait or if I can email HR about it. Thank you!

Hi! I have applied for a position at IRAS too, via the chat bot.

Would you be able to share the timeline of your application? Thanks!

Joel Ng 12-03-2020 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129891)
Hello all, may I ask about how long does IRAS typically take to send out a written offer/contract? I received a verbal offer 1 week ago, but I have yet to receive a written offer as of now. Not sure if I should just wait or if I can email HR about it. Thank you!

Forget about it. It's a tier 2 SB to begin with.

Rachel 12-03-2020 12:04 AM

What are Tier 1 SBs?

Michelle89 12-03-2020 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel (Post 129990)
What are Tier 1 SBs?

Tier 1: EDB, STB, MAS
Tier 2: IRAS, ESG
Tier 3: Nparks

Unregistered 12-03-2020 09:22 AM

Just got accepted by MAS.

Timeline as follow.
First Week Jan- Sent in application
Second Week Jan - Received an assignment with one week deadline. 4 questions to choose from and wrote in research essay style
Early Feb - Shortlisted and arranging for interview
Mid Feb - Went for interview and got accepted the next morning. Interview was extremely grilling. 5 cases of which one is a written assignment. Understand it differs from department to department. Was offered 3 departments to choose from, of which 2 were what I applied for.
Third week Feb - HR called to outline general package
Second week Mar - Received official letter of offer

Hope this helps other fellow applicants

Unregistered 12-03-2020 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 129996)
Just got accepted by MAS.

Timeline as follow.
First Week Jan- Sent in application
Second Week Jan - Received an assignment with one week deadline. 4 questions to choose from and wrote in research essay style
Early Feb - Shortlisted and arranging for interview
Mid Feb - Went for interview and got accepted the next morning. Interview was extremely grilling. 5 cases of which one is a written assignment. Understand it differs from department to department. Was offered 3 departments to choose from, of which 2 were what I applied for.
Third week Feb - HR called to outline general package
Second week Mar - Received official letter of offer

Hope this helps other fellow applicants

Hi, is this mid career switch or for fresh graduates? Also what’s the expected starting pay and department you applied for?

Unregistered 12-03-2020 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joel Ng (Post 129989)
Forget about it. It's a tier 2 SB to begin with.

Don’t be arrogant or cocky. The person asked a question genuinely. If you can’t answer it, then don’t answer it.

Unregistered 12-03-2020 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 130000)
Don’t be arrogant or cocky. The person asked a question genuinely. If you can’t answer it, then don’t answer it.

He's probably working there and don't want others to come steal his rice bowl :)