Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 23-12-2023 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263664)
Does it reflect the new changes from 2023? Not receiving mine this year, will get my first payout next year. Would like to know if it is really raised to 80%.

how did u get 80%

Unregistered 24-12-2023 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263734)
Is the sum for the first connect plan for all the same or does performance affect the sum?

Can read the circular and your pay slip? How do you get through 14 years of education and still require to be spooned as an adult?

Unregistered 24-12-2023 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263734)
Is the sum for the first connect plan for all the same or does performance affect the sum?

I always thought that the sum is the same for all at 4, 7, 10… YOE.
3 of us, same YOE, females, non-scholar, same age, same sub grade, received the same amount at 4th year.
This year, at our 7th year, still at the same sub grade, we received varying amounts. The difference in payout after deductions is about $1.5K. The payout amount is the same before deductions but the CPF deductions vary among the three of us. I wonder why this is so.

Unregistered 24-12-2023 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263765)
3 of us, same YOE, females, non-scholar, same age, same sub grade, received the same amount at 4th year.
This year, at our 7th year, still at the same sub grade, we received varying amounts. The difference in payout after deductions is about $1.5K. The payout amount is the same before deductions but the CPF deductions vary among the three of us. I wonder why this is so.

Because of donations? Is it? Heard from a colleague that 7th year is the best year to donate to avoid being taxed heavily

Unregistered 24-12-2023 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263765)

there is maximum cpf contributions for the year. if yours exceed, then you'll get more cash from connect plan instead of it going into cpf

Unregistered 24-12-2023 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263628)
Because banks, biotech hire from the same pool of graduates as moe?

How many law and medical sch grads sign on as teachers?

On the other hand, there are plenty of accountancy, business, chemistry, biomed, engineers joining teaching.

Recruitment is quite stringent, and those who get in typically have good honours. They could have joined their respective industries in the private sector if they wished to.

Is it? I thought only Social Science and Humanities sign on as teachers.

Unregistered 26-12-2023 05:42 PM

hmm

teachers behave like child

Unregistered 26-12-2023 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263927)

what u toking wey

Unregistered 26-12-2023 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 263927)

The corrected sentence is: "Teachers behave like children."

Unregistered 27-12-2023 05:42 PM

Since HQ officers usually have to be posted back to schools at the end of 3 years, does the same apply to those in AST?