Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 25-07-2023 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252782)
I heard the MOE cap on subject class size is 45. Not sure how one can regularly teach a class of 47 (exception might be cohort timed practice or script check).

I've had (and still have) classes of 40+, especially in Lower Sec with FSBB, but nothing above 45.

yes there is a limit in cockpit too u less it's actually 2 classes or more in the system but during actual class time it's combined

Unregistered 25-07-2023 08:50 AM

sen

hi eo, do you know anyone who changed to AED SEN or AED counselling or AED SWO? I heard the pay cut is quite bad? I'm interested to change over as I prefer the bigger impact even if the number of students I work with is smaller. How bad is the pay cut in terms of percentage? I understand that AED has no connect plan so I will also lose that.

Unregistered 25-07-2023 02:05 PM

Anyone got the pay scale by GEO scale?

Unregistered 25-07-2023 06:38 PM

Accepted an offer from another school through OPE. My current school wants to hold me back until June, do I need to inform the new school or would they already be kept in the loop?

Unregistered 25-07-2023 07:53 PM

The two schools will talk it out. You will be informed via email on the transfer date. Most likely in June for you, it seems

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252830)
Accepted an offer from another school through OPE. My current school wants to hold me back until June, do I need to inform the new school or would they already be kept in the loop?

Unregistered 25-07-2023 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252830)

They would be kept in the loop.

SLs need to negotiate among themselves.

kindaichi 25-07-2023 10:25 PM

what is a HOT?

Unregistered 26-07-2023 09:38 AM

If I take on SH role in Jan 2024, and I've been GEO4 for 2 years by April 2024, how long will it take for me to up rank to GEO5?

Unregistered 26-07-2023 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 252861)
If I take on SH role in Jan 2024, and I've been GEO4 for 2 years by April 2024, how long will it take for me to up rank to GEO5?

I've seen it happen in one year, I've also seen it take about 4 years since appointment. It seems to vary widely based on performance as well as (perhaps) how hard your school pushes for it. And also err.. CEP, or LP or whatever it's called now.

Unregistered 26-07-2023 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kindaichi (Post 252844)
what is a HOT?

Happy Ordinary Teacher. It usually refers to middle aged or older teachers who have hit a comfortable salary and just do minimal work. They usually reject all other extra workload.

HOT does not exist for the younger generation anymore. Increments, promotions and progressions have slowed down a lot. If they reject workload and want to be HOT, might as well just resign for better prospects outside. The younger ones can only be SOTs now. Either way also will be SOT.