Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 07-04-2023 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245557)
It's obvious, people come here to flex only. Position it as "kindly giving advice to juniors" but give all the extra info unnecessarily on the public domain. Somebody who is really placed on FLP will have access to these information already, no need to come here and humblebrag.

What happened to being 'discreet' and 'sensitive to others who are not on FLP'?

Am not the OP. To be fair to him/her, it doesn’t sound like flexing to me and nowhere was it mentioned abt being “sensitive to others who are not on FLP”. In fact OP just said other colleagues might not know so best to ask P. This sort of info may be useful to some people and not others. Your comment on the other hand sounds like you ate a lot of sour grapes.

Unregistered 07-04-2023 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245590)
What's TMU?

If you dk means you don’t need to know

Unregistered 07-04-2023 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245095)
Hi, I am a second-year BT (currently GEO2) and while my fellow batchmates (we graduated from NIE the same time; and same gender as I am) are being promoted to GEO3 in April this year, I was informed that I will be promoted in October instead.

I wrote in to HR and was told that I did not "fulfill the criteria to be promoted in April". I am not sure of the reason why and which criteria they are talking about.

Anyone has any idea/was in similar situation as me and can provide some advice please? Thank you!

Hey! It happened to me as well. I was dragged to do an external exhibition during practicum period. Worked my ass off, my other prac friends can leave everyday at 3 and just focus on practicum, but I had to do practicum and this. I leave at 530 almost every day. But didn't get promoted in April with my other counterparts.

Turns out, my RO screwed me up. It was only when I change my RO in the 3rd year that I realised that I've been writing my EMPS wrongly. My RO was subsequently discharged of her KP duties 2 years later due to certain reasons also. My new ROs helped me out a lot and I got a better PB than my other friends, so I guess, I'm ok now. And now I've been offered a portfolio that was more than what I expected and also has plans to put me on ST track. I cried my heart out to my new RO and plucked myself up after this. My RO this year (I changed RO almost every year, **** school) said she knew I did a lot since I entered and she has plans to help me advance. And that's all that matters. So I've since move on from that incident and just do what I need to do. The rest will fall in place. Overthinking will kill you mentally.

Unregistered 07-04-2023 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245585)
Any Geo 5 / 5A /SEO going for promotion ceremony soon?

Should take place within the next month

Unregistered 07-04-2023 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245590)
What's TMU?

Talent Management Unit

Unregistered 07-04-2023 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245602)
Should take place within the next month

I thought GEO 5 the promo ceremony is in school?

Unregistered 07-04-2023 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245595)
Am not the OP. To be fair to him/her, it doesn’t sound like flexing to me and nowhere was it mentioned abt being “sensitive to others who are not on FLP”. In fact OP just said other colleagues might not know so best to ask P. This sort of info may be useful to some people and not others. Your comment on the other hand sounds like you ate a lot of sour grapes.

If you are placed on FLP and read through the documentation properly, you will know where those words in quotes come from.

Officers on FLP are held to a certain standard of decorum. Unfortunately some can't even rise up to the "challenge" of adhering to HR's simple expectations of confidentiality.

Unregistered 07-04-2023 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245612)
If you are placed on FLP and read through the documentation properly, you will know where those words in quotes come from.

Officers on FLP are held to a certain standard of decorum. Unfortunately some can't even rise up to the "challenge" of adhering to HR's simple expectations of confidentiality.

isn’t transparency a good thing ?

Unregistered 07-04-2023 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245616)

It's another form of elitism

Unregistered 07-04-2023 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245616)

Since when does MOE advocate transparency?

How are national exam grades determined? Nobody knows.

How are students promoted/advanced/retained?

How are staff appraised and promoted?

How does HQ determine workload and staffing?

None of these are made transparent.