Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 28-03-2023 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244102)
Hi all, since we just took Pb.

If I want to leave service now, must the last day die die be exactly on 30th April? Or can I put last day as 10 May for eg.

Minimum stay until end of April. Want to stay longer also can keep your PB.

Unregistered 28-03-2023 09:13 PM

Stay until end of June good?

Unregistered 28-03-2023 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244107)
Stay until end of June good?

Smoother transition for your school/students, if that's a priority. You also get paid for the final few weeks of sch hols.

But if you've got a next step in mind, you'll probably want to consider when they'd prefer you start working…

Unregistered 29-03-2023 07:14 AM

Should I start finding schools and writing in, before the OPE starts?
The Enhanced posting exercise for HQ officers should also be starting very soon, so i'm worried if I wait until OPE, the opportunities might be even fewer.

Unregistered 29-03-2023 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244126)
Should I start finding schools and writing in, before the OPE starts?
The Enhanced posting exercise for HQ officers should also be starting very soon, so i'm worried if I wait until OPE, the opportunities might be even fewer.

If you have been in service for a while and are well-networked, it could help. If you are cold-calling or cold-emailing, no use. If you want to start now, you are basically looking to pull strings through people who know you.

Unregistered 29-03-2023 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244050)
8 years in GEO4, just promoted to GEO5. C C+ C C last 4 years.

Does one need minimum C+ in the most recent ranking exercise to be promoted?

Unregistered 29-03-2023 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244130)
Does one need minimum C+ in the most recent ranking exercise to be promoted?

Perf grades are not hard requirements for promotion, neither are they auto-qualifying mechanisms for promotion. Only thing is you cannot get an adverse grade, i.e. C- or below.

The thing that determines your promotion is..... when HR tells your principal so.

That's the unfortunate truth about the scant information we EOs have about promotion :(

Unregistered 29-03-2023 10:21 AM

I think nowadays promotions have slowed down a lot, as posted by others in previous replies.

It's becoming something that seems to be timebound + CEP + maybe some other secret equation which we don't know.

You can have A/Bs but they prob look into how many years you are + CEP + other things which we EOs don't know, even SLs also don't know.

Unregistered 29-03-2023 10:24 AM

Mid Career
2019 Jan- NIE practicum
2019 Apr - GEO2
2020 Apr - C
2021 Apr - B+ : GEO3
2022 Mar - C+
2023 Mar - A : GEO4

Is this considered fast?

Unregistered 29-03-2023 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244134)
I think nowadays promotions have slowed down a lot, as posted by others in previous replies.

It's becoming something that seems to be timebound + CEP + maybe some other secret equation which we don't know.

You can have A/Bs but they prob look into how many years you are + CEP + other things which we EOs don't know, even SLs also don't know.

Yup, nowadays if you send an enquiry to HR, you will be told that: CEP no longer charts out your promotion rate in a deterministic way, unlike in the past.

In the past, it was very predictable. If your CEP was at a certain level, your promotions would come at a very predictable set of intervals as long as you didn't screw up and get adverse grades. If you performed consistently well, it may speed up, also at a predictable rate.

Nowadays, it appears that there are so many more factors involved that are no longer made known to any EOs, including your principals. One thing that is certain though, is that the rate has slowed down, not just for farmers but also for Ministry scholars. (PSC = different league)