Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

Unregistered 27-04-2020 04:16 PM

MOE TA, FCH, Male who has served NS.

Does anyone know the rough estimate for CT and NIE period? Also, are we entitled to any bonuses during this period (CT and NIE)?

Unregistered 27-04-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132864)

Does anyone know the rough estimate for CT and NIE period? Also, are we entitled to any bonuses during this period (CT and NIE)?

maybe around 3.5k

Unregistered 27-04-2020 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132864)

3500 bsaed on the most recent batch. you will be GEO2 during CT then promoted to GEO3 thereafter.

Unregistered 27-04-2020 11:22 PM

Would it be more prudent to suggest to STU to lobby for this instead?

On the one hand, I can empathise with not wanting to pay for an unused month of parking.

On the other, it seems really calculative to write in to a minister to ask about this when all over the country, businesses are suffering, people are losing jobs, and MOE itself is still working out details of an entire shift of operational procedure for Term 3.

Even if I were that hard up for the carpark fees… I don't think it's particularly wise to send an email as a named individual straight to the top, yah?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132696)
Can we write an email to ye kung?

Is there such a thing called chain of command in moe?

Unregistered 28-04-2020 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132862)
Hahaha, do you know how long the chain of command is? Like from teacher to OYK?

Teacher -> SH/LH -> HOD -> VP -> P -> Supt -> ZD -> DOS -> DGE -> 2PS -> PS -> political leaders

There are so many layers between teachers and the top, the red tape is so thick it is almost a license to pretend they can't hear us screaming.

Only LHY could do that, he emailed to the Defence minister back then and cc almost the entire SAF.

Unregistered 28-04-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132872)
3500 bsaed on the most recent batch. you will be GEO2 during CT then promoted to GEO3 thereafter.

The promotion won't come so soon. It will only come after completing contract teaching, graduating from NIE with PGDE, then confirmation after 1 year of trained service. The promotion will then come in the following promotion exercise (after confirmation). The boy still has some ways to go.

Unregistered 28-04-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 132885)
Would it be more prudent to suggest to STU to lobby for this instead?

On the one hand, I can empathise with not wanting to pay for an unused month of parking.

On the other, it seems really calculative to write in to a minister to ask about this when all over the country, businesses are suffering, people are losing jobs, and MOE itself is still working out details of an entire shift of operational procedure for Term 3.

Even if I were that hard up for the carpark fees… I don't think it's particularly wise to send an email as a named individual straight to the top, yah?

Literally only $150 of unused season parking fees. One month's worth of the C grade merit increment is enough to cover this. Agree with you, no need to overreact like babies and email the minister.

Unregistered 30-04-2020 02:38 PM

How long do one promote from geo 2 to 3 and from 3 to 4.?
Female. Normal work. Non KP.

Unregistered 30-04-2020 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133007)
How long do one promote from geo 2 to 3 and from 3 to 4.?
Female. Normal work. Non KP.

GEO2 to GEO3 default after 1 year of svc
GEO3 to GEO4 can be 2-many years.
If 2 years you need two Bs
It also depends on your CEP and how competitive in your school.

Unregistered 01-05-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 133018)
GEO2 to GEO3 default after 1 year of svc
GEO3 to GEO4 can be 2-many years.
If 2 years you need two Bs
It also depends on your CEP and how competitive in your school.

Two Bs is not necessary. Two young officers in my place of work got their GEO4s exactly two years after their cohort promotion to GEO3. One of them (non-scholar) had a C and then a B, the other (local scholar) had a C+ and then a B.

It is entirely based on two things - CEP, and whether the panel feels like pushing for promotions.