Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Career as Teacher (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1758-career-teacher.html)

horer2 16-03-2024 08:43 AM

Promotion rate

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270981)
Is the promotion rate different for PGDE and NIE degree prog? If both have similar grades

Promotion is dependent not on the cert you have gotten but overall performance and CEP.

Unregistered 16-03-2024 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270982)
GEO 3, A. 3 months. My GEO 3 colleague also got A but he got 3.5 months.

3 months is still a great bonus

Unregistered 16-03-2024 09:01 AM

Anyone know the percentage of every performance grade in each subgrade? Bell curve?

Unregistered 16-03-2024 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270985)
Hais have been getting 3 years of B previously but this year, dropped to C+ because I went on maternity leave in term 2 and 3. I’m covering LH in my school. My RO had told me before she had tried to fight for me to remain at B with the work I had done in term 1 but other KPs disagreed as I didn’t do as much for the whole year. Funny thing was SL agreed with my ro and said that can other people produce the same quality work during the same time period as me. But other KPs still disagreed. Maybe they were also trying to push for their JH. But.. it’s not like Ipurposely don’t want to do the work what.. I was on maternity leave ma… I went back in term 4 and continued with my covering LH duties but lol joke’s on me since ranking has ended by then.. so whoever that said maternity leave won’t affect your pb and grade, all lying. Maybe time to think through and change focus to my family now. Since getting this c+ now would definitely affect my promotion to a geo4. I’m Geo 3 for 5 years already.

They could have chosen not to rank you. And you would have been a default C. Should be appreciative of the C+.

You were off for two crucial terms as an LH. Even if they considered your good work in remaining terms, your overall school contribution would have been lesser as compared to your peers. It’s a bit of a quality and quantity discussion. I wouldn’t trust what ur RO tells you, how he or she framed things is a bit worrying, speaks poorly of him or herself.

Unregistered 16-03-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270984)
Corrected:

GEO
A 2.8-3.5
B 2.25-2.75
C+ 1.55-2.2
C 1.1-1.5
C- 0.5-1
D 0

Is there one for SEO?

iirc, the lower ranges seem to have dropped compared to pre-covid?

the PB recognition given to GEOs compared to the MX scheme seems to have shrunk even more throughout the years. the amounts for C in the MX scheme is similar to the C+ here. to confirm this, u can also casually check with your EAS team haha

since last year, i still did not believe that all the numbers "reverted" to pre-covid. the C grade increment for geo3 and 4 was $10 less. just like what a previous poster mention, the small amounts do add up.

also based on what many have shared, the ranking process is highly subjective. even the systems themselves are controlled by the humans. ultimately its a judgment game by the humans above us and is highly dependent on your environment. if u want a realistic analogy, its just like the PW grading debate that has occurred at all JCs until severe continuous backlash forced them to change it to pass/fail

ok enough painful truths here lol. happy or sad, whole public sector still needs to go back to work on monday anyway

everyone can continue to crowdsource data again once the increment is out in april to analyze the trends :)

Unregistered 16-03-2024 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270993)
3 months is still a great bonus

typical person who can’t see that most of us content with 1.25-1.5 months

Unregistered 16-03-2024 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchen (Post 270979)
C+, 2.2

Is the quantum higher because we are severely understaffed?

possibly but maybe also no A?

Unregistered 16-03-2024 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270981)
Is the promotion rate different for PGDE and NIE degree prog? If both have similar grades

She has to ask. . ask P. i know ppl who hv done that

Unregistered 16-03-2024 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270985)
Hais have been getting 3 years of B previously but this year, dropped to C+ because I went on maternity leave in term 2 and 3. I’m covering LH in my school. My RO had told me before she had tried to fight for me to remain at B with the work I had done in term 1 but other KPs disagreed as I didn’t do as much for the whole year. Funny thing was SL agreed with my ro and said that can other people produce the same quality work during the same time period as me. But other KPs still disagreed. Maybe they were also trying to push for their JH. But.. it’s not like Ipurposely don’t want to do the work what.. I was on maternity leave ma… I went back in term 4 and continued with my covering LH duties but lol joke’s on me since ranking has ended by then.. so whoever that said maternity leave won’t affect your pb and grade, all lying. Maybe time to think through and change focus to my family now. Since getting this c+ now would definitely affect my promotion to a geo4. I’m Geo 3 for 5 years already.

Yup, I also want to say, whoever say maternity won’t affect PB is a lie unless your P loves you a lot and fight for u.
A friend went missing for first 3 terms. Come back term 4 only and continue to get a B and promote, plus given a position. (?!?!?)
Whereas a colleague went missing only 1 term but Pb dropped and everything else the same with no promotion.

Me myself went on maternity and also delayed promotion by a year compared to my batch mates. Jiayou ba and all the best

Unregistered 16-03-2024 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271023)
Yup, I also want to say, whoever say maternity won’t affect PB is a lie unless your P loves you a lot and fight for u.
A friend went missing for first 3 terms. Come back term 4 only and continue to get a B and promote, plus given a position. (?!?!?)
Whereas a colleague went missing only 1 term but Pb dropped and everything else the same with no promotion.

Me myself went on maternity and also delayed promotion by a year compared to my batch mates. Jiayou ba and all the best

Guys, I am not saying promotion is not important but have you considered being promoted is also added work expectations permanently? I would suggest to look at it as a total renumeration package over the year. When you add up, a GEO3 with PB of B might get more as compared to a GEO4 of C. Don’t be blindsided with too much of these distractions. You will be surprised when you are way overwhelmed later on in your career with other life responsibilities that you will be willingly trade away the promotion you thought you needed all these years for a lower workload.