Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 16-02-2023 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240437)
That’s true, but tech has also reached its peak imo… And will be quite xiong, no work life balance given the high pay. I dont wanna be looking like 40 at 30 yknow 🤧

This is not true, I am in tech and I just work 40h. It was similar in my previous companies.
But you need to avoid the Chinese companies, check Glassdoor reviews etc.

Unregistered 16-02-2023 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240438)
This is not true, I am in tech and I just work 40h. It was similar in my previous companies.
But you need to avoid the Chinese companies, check Glassdoor reviews etc.

Ah my bad I should've clarified. I was referring to the job offers I got, with a big load of responsibilities (probably why they're offering that much). And thanks! I will gladly avoid those Chinese companies hahaha their reputations kinda bad. If you dont mind sharing, what role are you in right now, maybe I'll explore that area too.

Unregistered 16-02-2023 02:20 PM

Hi what is the diff between finance officer and finance manager (both are DXO)?

Unregistered 16-02-2023 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240439)
Ah my bad I should've clarified. I was referring to the job offers I got, with a big load of responsibilities (probably why they're offering that much). And thanks! I will gladly avoid those Chinese companies hahaha their reputations kinda bad. If you dont mind sharing, what role are you in right now, maybe I'll explore that area too.

Not that poster but I just want to say, take your time to look if your situation allows you to. Tech may be slowing down but as long as you have the skills. It's the same like in any industry, there are always ups and downs so try to master a niche area and you'll always be in demand. But of course prior work experience will help a lot too.

Tech is also one of the jobs that potentially allows you the opportunity to pursue a career overseas as well. I'm the one who mentioned European companies, due to personal experience. One of the things that I still remember to this day was my company's (French) IT guy telling me he couldn't help me with an issue as he meant to be working on a project till Dec so I'd have to wait 6 months. The labor laws are way different as compared to in and the culture is different as well. Some people think it's lazy etc but I'm fine with that

Unregistered 16-02-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240439)

I'm a data engineer in fintech company. If you want to know more, we can think of a way of contacting outside this forum

Unregistered 16-02-2023 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240448)
Not that poster but I just want to say, take your time to look if your situation allows you to. Tech may be slowing down but as long as you have the skills. It's the same like in any industry, there are always ups and downs so try to master a niche area and you'll always be in demand. But of course prior work experience will help a lot too.

Tech is also one of the jobs that potentially allows you the opportunity to pursue a career overseas as well. I'm the one who mentioned European companies, due to personal experience. One of the things that I still remember to this day was my company's (French) IT guy telling me he couldn't help me with an issue as he meant to be working on a project till Dec so I'd have to wait 6 months. The labor laws are way different as compared to in and the culture is different as well. Some people think it's lazy etc but I'm fine with that

Yea, I'm not in a rush to get a job, but I do hope to get an offer from mindef by April *fingers crossed*

And damn... are they all so chill? Would love to experience it once haha. Thanks for sharing!

Unregistered 16-02-2023 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240450)
I'm a data engineer in fintech company. If you want to know more, we can think of a way of contacting outside this forum

I'm too average and not that good in coding to go for a data engineer role haha. Thanks thou!

Unregistered 16-02-2023 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240459)
Yea, I'm not in a rush to get a job, but I do hope to get an offer from mindef by April *fingers crossed*

And damn... are they all so chill? Would love to experience it once haha. Thanks for sharing!

Have you gone for interview? You'll also have to get past security clearance first before you'll get an offer.

Unregistered 17-02-2023 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 240478)
Have you gone for interview? You'll also have to get past security clearance first before you'll get an offer.

HR scheduled an interview this coming Tues. I heard the competition will be tough, so I don’t really expect much also, just hope for the best hahaha

Unregistered 17-02-2023 09:53 AM

Oof I flunked the online aptitude test for math calculations. Too long never work with numbers, took too long and couldn't complete most of the questions in the stipulated time >.<