Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 16-01-2022 03:07 PM

Hi,

I am looking to apply into DXO, can I check what would the salary range be like if doing HR job. Mid-career, applying to Manager appointment.

Unregistered 16-01-2022 04:27 PM

why do people who work just a few years call them sevles mid careers? LoL

Unregistered 16-01-2022 04:28 PM

i would consider ppl who work approx 10-15 years to be mid career

Unregistered 17-01-2022 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197941)
why do people who work just a few years call them sevles mid careers? LoL

why do people assume ppl who call themselves mid-career did not work for 10 years prior?

Unregistered 17-01-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197217)
Polygraph likely is the last few stages already, it is lucky to go for more stage means more chance

Hi! does anyone know if there will be more stages after polygraph?

Unregistered 17-01-2022 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197699)
Nobody will be able to tell you this, but your imagination is somewhat towards the right direction (probably), but its not high until somewhere you cannot estimate, the job have different demands also.

But motherhood statement everywhere, scholars tends to do better

Agreed.. the risk is that if this job becomes a dead-end career with slow progression, you are going to be really miserable later on. Even if you leave, will have difficulty finding job outside since this is a very niche kind of work.

Unregistered 18-01-2022 05:15 PM

Has anyone who applied recently been contacted or updated on their DXO application status?

Unregistered 19-01-2022 10:44 AM

After many years of serving in MINDEF and finally retiring this year, I do feel sorry for local males who have to delay two years of lives and lose that competitive edge against skilled foreigners. My last pay drawn is $200k per year, so those two years are worth potentially $400k financially to some of them. Imagine being a foreigner working in Singapore and having an additional $400k by virtue of your birthplace lottery. During my time in MINDEF policy dept, I have tried to push for additional income taxes for foreigners to level the playing field but was brushed off for making Singapore "uncompetitive".

That's not to say I disagree with compulsory NS, because without male citizens to provide those financial sacrifice those of us in MINDEF would be without a stable civil service career, so let us give a moment of appreciation to them.

Unregistered 19-01-2022 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198396)
After many years of serving in MINDEF and finally retiring this year, I do feel sorry for local males who have to delay two years of lives and lose that competitive edge against skilled foreigners. My last pay drawn is $200k per year, so those two years are worth potentially $400k financially to some of them. Imagine being a foreigner working in Singapore and having an additional $400k by virtue of your birthplace lottery. During my time in MINDEF policy dept, I have tried to push for additional income taxes for foreigners to level the playing field but was brushed off for making Singapore "uncompetitive".

That's not to say I disagree with compulsory NS, because without male citizens to provide those financial sacrifice those of us in MINDEF would be without a stable civil service career, so let us give a moment of appreciation to them.

i’m sorry to say, ppl these days can easily make up for your 200k per year within a short span of time. so i disagree on your disagreement. 😀

Unregistered 19-01-2022 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198398)
i’m sorry to say, ppl these days can easily make up for your 200k per year within a short span of time. so i disagree on your disagreement. 😀

So you are saying our male citizens doing NS are actually losing more than $200k a year for each year of NS service?

Sad that the newbies in MINDEF replacing me with supposedly higher salaries can't even refute a simple argument logically.