Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 19-01-2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198396)
After many years of serving in MINDEF and finally retiring this year, I do feel sorry for local males who have to delay two years of lives and lose that competitive edge against skilled foreigners. My last pay drawn is $200k per year, so those two years are worth potentially $400k financially to some of them. Imagine being a foreigner working in Singapore and having an additional $400k by virtue of your birthplace lottery. During my time in MINDEF policy dept, I have tried to push for additional income taxes for foreigners to level the playing field but was brushed off for making Singapore "uncompetitive".

That's not to say I disagree with compulsory NS, because without male citizens to provide those financial sacrifice those of us in MINDEF would be without a stable civil service career, so let us give a moment of appreciation to them.

Shut the fck up boomer

Unregistered 19-01-2022 03:26 PM

Quote:

After many years of serving in MINDEF and finally retiring this year, I do feel sorry for local males who have to delay two years of lives and lose that competitive edge against skilled foreigners. My last pay drawn is $200k per year, so those two years are worth potentially $400k financially to some of them. Imagine being a foreigner working in Singapore and having an additional $400k by virtue of your birthplace lottery. During my time in MINDEF policy dept, I have tried to push for additional income taxes for foreigners to level the playing field but was brushed off for making Singapore "uncompetitive".

That's not to say I disagree with compulsory NS, because without male citizens to provide those financial sacrifice those of us in MINDEF would be without a stable civil service career, so let us give a moment of appreciation to them.

Thank you for your openness and honesty, however in the words of LKY, not many in the current strawberry gen workers can take such unvarnished "Hard Truths" to keep Singapore going.

Unregistered 19-01-2022 10:02 PM

Quote:

mai gek xiao. mindef policy dept makes policy for income tax. like tt iras is gg to chu policy on how to put **** stirrer like u in where u belong - the sewage.

Unregistered 21-01-2022 02:09 AM

Anyone got hired? after all those test , sec screening

Unregistered 22-01-2022 01:06 AM

how much can a fresh-grad FCH local uni female ask for in a manager role for 'those without experienced are welcomed to apply'?

Unregistered 22-01-2022 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198802)
how much can a fresh-grad FCH local uni female ask for in a manager role for 'those without experienced are welcomed to apply'?

can try between 4-4.3k. anyway, fresh grads not much nego power due to no experience in private sector. they will just pay you according to your degree. if your degree is worth 4.5k, they wont shortchange you.

source: i randomly quoted 3k cause i was v innocent as a fresh grad few years back. they still offered me 3.9k based on my qualifications.

Unregistered 22-01-2022 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198808)
can try between 4-4.3k. anyway, fresh grads not much nego power due to no experience in private sector. they will just pay you according to your degree. if your degree is worth 4.5k, they wont shortchange you.

source: i randomly quoted 3k cause i was v innocent as a fresh grad few years back. they still offered me 3.9k based on my qualifications.

Thanks a lot!

Unregistered 22-01-2022 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198808)

basically yes if you are a fresh grad, you only get to take what they offer asa default based on uni results

Unregistered 23-01-2022 11:15 AM

did a virtual interview more than a month back. Till now no news. Did all the test before the interview and that took another 3 months to get back to me. So in total each stage takes 3 months

Unregistered 23-01-2022 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199007)
did a virtual interview more than a month back. Till now no news. Did all the test before the interview and that took another 3 months to get back to me. So in total each stage takes 3 months

wait for what? just drop them a text or call?