Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 20-09-2017 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100284)
Which position did you apply for?

Lol sorry saw that it's for Psychologist..

I think you just have to wait till they contact you again or send you official rejection.

Unregistered 20-09-2017 02:27 PM

Read from here that after HR gives their verbal offer there will be security clearance which might take 2 months. Nothing is confirmed till you sign the contract. Is it ok to continue with job hunt, and even reject the dxo role at clearance stage if you find another position suitable?

Unregistered 20-09-2017 10:59 PM

Hi all, I have been reading up on DXO and am interested to join the service. Just wanted to ask any current DXOs here: how transferrable are your skills sets not only to the pte sector but also other govt agencies? I heard from friends that DX scheme generally pays better than MX (may I know by how much?), but strangely it seems that Mindef doesn't have a good rep as it should for a Ministry that gets the largest budget and deals with crucial defence and security. I wonder why is this so? Is it due to the general negative sentiment of NS, or perhaps the red tape and deadweights?

If I am concerned about better exposure/opportunities and transferrable skill sets, would I be better off applying to more competitive Ministries? e.g. in health, economics etc.

Thanks very much. :)

Unregistered 22-09-2017 09:47 AM

anyone who went for interview last Mon got called up for unit preview? been almost 2 weeks... :(

Unregistered 22-09-2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100285)
Lol sorry saw that it's for Psychologist..

I think you just have to wait till they contact you again or send you official rejection.

Ya, I think likely no chance. I took my PT on 4 Sep and I emailed to ask status, they also told me still processing.

From this forum, those got chance they got email for interview very fast..

Unregistered 22-09-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100329)
anyone who went for interview last Mon got called up for unit preview? been almost 2 weeks... :(

On 9-11 you mean? I'm also waiting.

Unregistered 22-09-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100332)
Ya, I think likely no chance. I took my PT on 4 Sep and I emailed to ask status, they also told me still processing.

From this forum, those got chance they got email for interview very fast..

Hello! I'm the original poster on the position for psychologist after PT on 28th Aug. I just got a call for an interview next week, so they can take up to 3-4 weeks to contact you after the PT apparently

Unregistered 22-09-2017 06:30 PM

The wait is really intense.......

Unregistered 22-09-2017 07:07 PM

What are the chances of getting the job after unit preview??

Unregistered 23-09-2017 01:14 PM

Hi, may I know how the promotion system works? I understand that within each rank there are bands b/s/p? For example, if you are at DX9s, do you get promoted to DX9p after ~2 yrs or straight to DX10b?

TIA!

Unregistered 25-09-2017 11:18 AM

Hi , i applied for a position on 8 sept and last sat , they sent me a email to request for my documents , passport size photo and a personal details forms with 2 referee , but they did not call me up for any psychometric test. As i applied for a non-grade position. Is this job dont require the test? Thanks!

Unregistered 25-09-2017 08:30 PM

Went for PT on 8 sep. Just got email rejection today, 29 sep. Second time getting rejection email already. Not sure if I want to try again.

Unregistered 25-09-2017 08:35 PM

Went for PT on 8 sep. Just got email rejection today, 25 sep. Second time getting rejection email already. Not sure if I want to try again.

Unregistered 25-09-2017 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100407)
Went for PT on 8 sep. Just got email rejection today, 25 sep. Second time getting rejection email already. Not sure if I want to try again.

If you keep getting rejected means that your PT results are lousy and you are obviously not suited for the job.

Maybe you should try your luck in other ministries or the private sector

Unregistered 25-09-2017 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100395)
Hi , i applied for a position on 8 sept and last sat , they sent me a email to request for my documents , passport size photo and a personal details forms with 2 referee , but they did not call me up for any psychometric test. As i applied for a non-grade position. Is this job dont require the test? Thanks!

Yes, certain job position below a certain estab level do not require any psychometric test!

Just do well for your interview. Good luck

Unregistered 25-09-2017 10:01 PM

I received an automated rejection email too.
But it didn't mention that I should not apply again within a year as stated by some OP here.

Wondering if it's possible for me to apply again?

Unregistered 26-09-2017 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100407)

Hi, I attended PT a year ago and went for PT on 6 Sep. I have also received unsuccessful email yesterday too and stated ‘Your application will be retained in our system for 1 year. We welcome you to re-apply after this period and to consider the available positions at that time.’

I admit that I am no good for the PT n thus couldn’t make it even for the interview..

Unregistered 26-09-2017 11:30 AM

Been more than a week since my site preview.. guess I'm not selected :(

Unregistered 26-09-2017 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100409)
Yes, certain job position below a certain estab level do not require any psychometric test!

Just do well for your interview. Good luck

Hi , thanks for the info mate! May i know whether i will be certaintly called up for interview?

Unregistered 26-09-2017 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100426)
Hi , thanks for the info mate! May i know whether i will be certaintly called up for interview?

May I know what position did you apply for?

Unregistered 26-09-2017 03:41 PM

I went for PT on 4 Sep, still no outcome.

Unregistered 26-09-2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100426)

Normally Mindef takes about 2-3 weeks to call you up for interview. In regardless of whether you are required to take the psychometric test

Unregistered 26-09-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 99789)
There is a written test which is 30min and my interview is about 20min. I go in and I was so nervous.

May i know what is the written test on?

Unregistered 27-09-2017 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100437)
Normally Mindef takes about 2-3 weeks to call you up for interview. In regardless of whether you are required to take the psychometric test

Hi! Thanks for the info! Hope i can get thru the interview!

Unregistered 27-09-2017 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100431)
I went for PT on 4 Sep, still no outcome.

No news may mean good news. Likelihood they are still processing yr application for interview? I attended PT on 6Sep and received unsuccessful email this week.

Good luck

Unregistered 27-09-2017 05:36 PM

will they send an email if you're rejected at unit preview stage?

Unregistered 28-09-2017 04:49 PM

I have taken the psychometric test on 8 Sep, however, till now i have not received any email, it has been already approximately 3 weeks. May i know am i supposed to email them to ask them for the progress or continue waiting since applicants in this forum have waited for a even longer time to get a response back?

Additionally, while waiting for a response from them, is it okay if i continue applying for new positions? I have seen MINDEF posted a new position and i am interested in applying. So, do i submit a new application or just state my interest to the HR personnel i am corresponding with?

Any input will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Unregistered 28-09-2017 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100486)
I have taken the psychometric test on 8 Sep, however, till now i have not received any email, it has been already approximately 3 weeks. May i know am i supposed to email them to ask them for the progress or continue waiting since applicants in this forum have waited for a even longer time to get a response back?

Additionally, while waiting for a response from them, is it okay if i continue applying for new positions? I have seen MINDEF posted a new position and i am interested in applying. So, do i submit a new application or just state my interest to the HR personnel i am corresponding with?

You could email the HR rep who scheduled you for the PT, though most likely s/he will say still processing. My personal opinion is to wait for HR's reply before you go about applying for other positions; do note that they will take into account the same PT results when reviewing any other applications for interview. Hence there could be 4 possible scenarios based on HR's reply: 1) you get notified for an interview for the position you first applied for; 2) application still processing; 3) rejected for an interview but welcome to apply for other positions; and 4) outright rejection (don't bother to try reapplying). So depending on their response, you can then make your next move.

Unregistered 28-09-2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100459)
will they send an email if you're rejected at unit preview stage?

Anyone can help with this pls? If they send an email is it exactly 2 weeks after unit preview or longer than that?

Unregistered 28-09-2017 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100486)

There are a few scenarios

1) You have not received any emails, please wait for an email update by the HR before applying. Applying for multiple roles reflects that you do not have passion for the job that you are applying. This will reflect poorly on your job application

2) Received Email for interview. Congrats

3) Rejected from interview but welcome for other postions. This means your psychometric test results do pass the requirements, just that there may be better applicants out there for your current job application

4) Outright rejection. Don't bother reapplying. Your psychometric test results are lousy

Unregistered 28-09-2017 10:32 PM

Hello,

I have just applied for a position that requires 2-3 years of working experience, however, they do state that candidates without experience are also encouraged to apply.

In these type of positions, will candidates with lesser than 2 years of experience be at a disadvantage? Is there a reason why MINDEF accept applicants without working experience when they also stated that 2-3 years of working experience is preferred?

Thanks!

Unregistered 28-09-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100490)
There are a few scenarios

1) You have not received any emails, please wait for an email update by the HR before applying. Applying for multiple roles reflects that you do not have passion for the job that you are applying. This will reflect poorly on your job application

2) Received Email for interview. Congrats

3) Rejected from interview but welcome for other postions. This means your psychometric test results do pass the requirements, just that there may be better applicants out there for your current job application

4) Outright rejection. Don't bother reapplying. Your psychometric test results are lousy

Just curious, how does the outright rejection email looks like? As long as applicants received a rejection email not stating that they are welcome to apply other positions means that they are directly rejected?

If they received a outright rejection, and their psychometric test results will be retained in the system for a year means that they totally cannot apply for any positions at MINDEF for a year?

Unregistered 29-09-2017 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100495)
Just curious, how does the outright rejection email looks like? As long as applicants received a rejection email not stating that they are welcome to apply other positions means that they are directly rejected?

If they received a outright rejection, and their psychometric test results will be retained in the system for a year means that they totally cannot apply for any positions at MINDEF for a year?

I think it will look something like "We regret to inform you that you have not been shortlisted.." if they welcome you to apply for other positions there could be a line that says "we have found your application to be favourable..inform us if you would like to apply for other positions.." maybe someone else can share a sample?

Of course you can ignore and try applying again but don't get your hopes up for an interview.

Unregistered 29-09-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100494)
Hello,

I have just applied for a position that requires 2-3 years of working experience, however, they do state that candidates without experience are also encouraged to apply.

In these type of positions, will candidates with lesser than 2 years of experience be at a disadvantage? Is there a reason why MINDEF accept applicants without working experience when they also stated that 2-3 years of working experience is preferred?

Thanks!

Depends on the hiring unit and position. For mine, I have abt 4 yrs of working exp. The position I applied for stated to have at least 3 yrs of exp but candidates with no exp may apply. During the interview, I saw that the actual designation was higher than advertised to commensurate with my exp. Other candidates too (I asked them). So it's not certain how the hiring unit selects its candidates.

Unregistered 29-09-2017 10:47 AM

I went for an interview early this week.. how long do they normally take to inform that the status?
I thought of calling/email them; but yet afraid that they may be "irritated"....

Unregistered 29-09-2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100526)
I went for an interview early this week.. how long do they normally take to inform that the status?
I thought of calling/email them; but yet afraid that they may be "irritated"....

Give it at least 1.5 weeks.

Unregistered 29-09-2017 05:58 PM

Hi , does anyone know for logistics role , are there any specific canp that they will post u there? And how is the work like culture? A lot of ot? Or weekend sometimes have to go back also? I assume its a 5 day work week right? Thanks!

muhdandika 29-09-2017 11:11 PM

Minder rejected my application 2 weeks after I submitted the relevant documents. So sad!! Not even a chance given for an interview. I was from a manpower unit. I thought I will have a higher chance since I experienced doing HR during NS. Heard from my previous DXOs that its tougher now to apply for any DXOs and DXEAs positions :(

Unregistered 30-09-2017 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muhdandika (Post 100549)
Minder rejected my application 2 weeks after I submitted the relevant documents. So sad!! Not even a chance given for an interview. I was from a manpower unit. I thought I will have a higher chance since I experienced doing HR during NS. Heard from my previous DXOs that its tougher now to apply for any DXOs and DXEAs positions :(

Hi, may i know which position did you apply for? Was it a HR-related position?

muhdandika 30-09-2017 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 100551)
Hi, may i know which position did you apply for? Was it a HR-related position?

Yes, HR related position.