Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 07-09-2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 181880)
Wondering if any one else has heard back from their application to SID?

scheduled for a test, but i believe whatever happens on that day cannot be revealed. so just wondering how long is the process from one to another of the whole application.

and i wonder whats the payscale like hmm

Unregistered 07-09-2021 10:29 PM

It's been posted by someone earlier.. The whole process from the start until offer is made will stretch over several months.

Unregistered 08-09-2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182366)
It's been posted by someone earlier.. The whole process from the start until offer is made will stretch over several months.

I thought that was for some other posts in mindef?

Unregistered 09-09-2021 09:01 PM

What are the chances of failing the security clearance?

Unregistered 10-09-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182499)
What are the chances of failing the security clearance?

how long have you been waiting?

Unregistered 10-09-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182557)
how long have you been waiting?

estimate nearly a week?
I know it usually takes a few months between verbal offer and contract signing/medical check/security check. But i wanted to know if it's possible to even fail a background check. I don't have any debt or history, just paranoid.

I read the medical check is just the usual blood test/eye check etc, so I'm not worried about it

Unregistered 10-09-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182572)
estimate nearly a week?
I know it usually takes a few months between verbal offer and contract signing/medical check/security check. But i wanted to know if it's possible to even fail a background check. I don't have any debt or history, just paranoid.

I read the medical check is just the usual blood test/eye check etc, so I'm not worried about it

sometimes it may not be the clearance but perhaps, they don't need people to fill the position anymore or someone else has taken up that position (according to the past responses from the forum)

Unregistered 10-09-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182580)
sometimes it may not be the clearance but perhaps, they don't need people to fill the position anymore or someone else has taken up that position (according to the past responses from the forum)

You mean that it's very unlikely to fail the clearance, and if HR tell me that I did, it's most likely for the 2 reasons you mentioned?
(Sorry kinda confused by the response!)

Unregistered 10-09-2021 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182585)
You mean that it's very unlikely to fail the clearance, and if HR tell me that I did, it's most likely for the 2 reasons you mentioned?
(Sorry kinda confused by the response!)

saw some replies previously stating that the final decision would depends on the higher mgment approval (even if clearances passed etc)

Unregistered 10-09-2021 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182596)
saw some replies previously stating that the final decision would depends on the higher mgment approval (even if clearances passed etc)

went back to read some of the posts, i get it now, thanks. oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait to first pass the medical and security before worrying about that.