Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 06-05-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118320)
Hi all,

Would like to enquire with users that got offered recently. How long does it usually take between site preview -> medical checkup and subsequently the security clearance. I know there is a range , just wondering about how long as I want something tangible to work with.

Thank you!

Med check up depends on the schedule of the CMPB med ctr. Usually once you’re offered they will be able to the schedule something the follow week.

Anyway, including med and security. The process should take at least 1 month from the verbal offer because you need 1-1.5 mths (depending on the level of access, higher cat the longer time) for g50 clearance and another 2-3 weeks for the computer access.

zenzen 07-05-2019 02:14 PM

Received a rejection email... Sigh back to square 1 again

Unregistered 07-05-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenzen (Post 118411)

Don’t give up.

:(

I wonder whats the purpose of such test, like other important ministries also don’t use it..

Unregistered 07-05-2019 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zenzen (Post 118411)

jiayou, at least you received an invitation for interview within a month compared to most of us here waiting for the interview call/rejection. Based on the posts, you should reapply and they will call you around a week for another interview.

Unregistered 07-05-2019 10:20 PM

Hi all,

I went for PT on 24th April and just got a call detailing that I was not shortlisted for the jobs I applied for as they already have candidates. HR told me to send in 3 new choices. Just wondering if I should send in applications within the same department or mix it with others (eg. 1 HR job, 1 Comms job). Thanks!

Unregistered 07-05-2019 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118432)
Hi all,

I went for PT on 24th April and just got a call detailing that I was not shortlisted for the jobs I applied for as they already have candidates. HR told me to send in 3 new choices. Just wondering if I should send in applications within the same department or mix it with others (eg. 1 HR job, 1 Comms job). Thanks!

Hi, may I know which 3 position did you applied for?

Unregistered 08-05-2019 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118414)
Don’t give up.

:(

I wonder whats the purpose of such test, like other important ministries also don’t use it..

this is sort of a 'fail safe' to filter those who are book smart or are really innately smart/capable.

example. an engineering student with third class honour degree may be much better than a art student with 2nd upper. just because he took a harder course and got a much lower grade, it doesn't reflect reality/real potential. mindef jobs require certain caliber.

of course, this is just one point of reference. other ministry might have other methods.

Unregistered 08-05-2019 02:21 PM

Is MINDEF’s pay and bonuses higher than the rest of the ministries since defence budget is high?

Unregistered 09-05-2019 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118463)
Is MINDEF’s pay and bonuses higher than the rest of the ministries since defence budget is high?

should be similar.

Unregistered 09-05-2019 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 118433)
Hi, may I know which 3 position did you applied for?

I applied for 3 communications roles. External and internal communications. I forgot the last one. What about you?