Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 10-12-2016 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92904)
Hi Both,

I did apply for it sometime back a 2nd attempt after being rejected the first round and they said they will access my PT results and got back to me onli a week after. So it might be they still considering ur as well since no rejection email has been sent out 2 ur oso.

Just lyk me being hopeful here 2.

Understand the wait can cause some undue pressure on oneself.

Hi all,

i went thru the same thing you guys did 1 year back. the wait is indeed dreadful.

i went for my PT and got a call back for interview after 2-3 weeks. Went for the interview and did not get selected. Applied for another position immediately and got a call back 2 weeks later for another interview. Got a call from the hiring manager immediately that day itself after the interview for site preview.

The wait after site preview and medical is the worst as you will be stuck in limbo cause nothing is confirmed(opportunity cost).waited approx 2 more months before they call you to sign contract. and i am considered lucky as by their standards, my application route is fast. (i did some hastening and calls to them).

almost 1 year on, about to get confirmed in service. hope my experience helps. No news is good news actually. as long as your PT is solid, you will get a chance.

P.S im only a local pass degree fresh grad holder, so its all about the PT and interview. good luck guys. competition is tough for DXO jobs.

Unregistered 10-12-2016 04:50 PM

Me too

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92887)
Oh well. Me too :( my pt was on the 11th too.

I went for PT on the 11th Nov too! Wonder if they will send rejection email after some time so that we know when to apply for another position.

But if PT was bad, then apply a lot of times also no use. Any way to find out how did we do for the PT?

Unregistered 10-12-2016 04:51 PM

So fast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92957)
Hi all,

i went thru the same thing you guys did 1 year back. the wait is indeed dreadful.

i went for my PT and got a call back for interview after 2-3 weeks. .

Did you also apply during Nov/Dec period? waiting time 2-3 weeks is very fast already...

Unregistered 12-12-2016 01:47 PM

Hi anyone know what is the increment for DXO staff?

Unregistered 13-12-2016 05:08 PM

I also went for PT on 11 Nov.

So far no reply in terms of rejected or shortlisted.

Does it mean they are still considering? Cos I have started to apply for private sector jobs.

Should I wait? Thanks for any advice.

Unregistered 13-12-2016 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92961)
Did you also apply during Nov/Dec period? waiting time 2-3 weeks is very fast already...

i applied late Aug if i recall correctly. then again in Late Sept. Site preview in Nov and contract signed in January.

Takeitwithapinchofsalt 14-12-2016 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 92770)
Anyone knows whats the average increment and estimated duration for the following:
1) upon confirmation after 1 year
2) from dx 9 to dx 10
3) yearly increment

--
1) upon confirmation after 1 year [Anywhere from 1-10%, realistically 5-7%]
2) from dx 9 to dx 10 [average 3 years, there are some who are promoted in exactly a year]
3) yearly increment [Merit Increment: 0-10%, 0 & 10% are rare. Annual salary review: 0-7%]

Unregistered 15-12-2016 04:21 PM

Is there any maximum rank a DXO EA can achieved? Any assistant executive can share their story here?

And for salary, it's fixed right? As in they got their own calculation?? The one u input doesn't matter right? It's more of a check for reasonableness?

Unregistered 15-12-2016 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93092)
Is there any maximum rank a DXO EA can achieved? Any assistant executive can share their story here?

And for salary, it's fixed right? As in they got their own calculation?? The one u input doesn't matter right? It's more of a check for reasonableness?

Dxo scheme vs saf officer scheme, which one more attractive

Takeitwithapinchofsalt 16-12-2016 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 93099)
Dxo scheme vs saf officer scheme, which one more attractive

Define what is attractive to you. Both have very different career routes.

DXO EA can rise through ranks and files to assume bigger appointments. While in the past, it was uncommon for DXEAs to rise to DX9 & above, it is getting more commonplace now. I have a colleague who was a DXEA and is now on a DX9-11 job band. Which means, she through her merits, can rise to DX11 in this appointment.

Also, DXO scheme does not differentiate between DXO (Officers) and DXEA (Non-officer) now. Everyone is on the same scheme, to accentuate the above point where deserving individuals, no matter where their entry point (diploma, A-levels, bachelor's degree) is can be rewarded by taking on bigger appointments.