Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   MINDEF DXO (All FAQ on it) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1722-ministry-defence-singapore-dxo-all-faq.html)

Unregistered 13-02-2024 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268273)
I had the same thoughts as you back when I joined in 2020 Jan. My background was in data analytics and I had 3 years work experience before I joined a specific process and policy department in Gombak camp. people were generally nice and respectful but I hated how I had 4 computers for different purposes and 3 access cards to these terminals. Felt incredibly constricted as I couldn’t even install certain BI programs or analytics software to do my work, was told I had to wait months just to get approval for IT guy to install certain packages on my laptop. Always had very unproductive long hours of meeting with directors and often without much conclusions - usually lasts 3-4 hours and sometimes past working hours.

I resigned in Apr 2020, went back to my old company for another 2 years before resigning again to join a local bank. Never looked back on my decision but I always recall the painful constrictive environment when working there. My only solace was that there was a free gym to workout and relieve stress. Advice to you if you really can’t get in sync with that environment, start looking elsewhere for opportunities. Grass can be greener on the other side!

Good job for pursuing what you really want! Can I just ask, you probably have about 7 to 8 years of exp now, how is your annual compensation like at the moment at the local bank? And how are the working hours like?

Thank you!

Unregistered 13-02-2024 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268284)
Good job for pursuing what you really want! Can I just ask, you probably have about 7 to 8 years of exp now, how is your annual compensation like at the moment at the local bank? And how are the working hours like?

Thank you!

Since this is a DXO faq thread, I won’t go into it in too much detail but, I’m currently in a non-frontline department, meaning a department that is not client facing or directly generating revenue for the bank. Hence my department working hours is like 8.30-6 (I usually start 9-9.30, rarely do overtime. Pay around 7k (promotion pushing me to 8k next month on), total bonus usually 3 months for average performer (banks don’t give AWS or mid/year end unlike civil service).

Unregistered 13-02-2024 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268293)
Since this is a DXO faq thread, I won’t go into it in too much detail but, I’m currently in a non-frontline department, meaning a department that is not client facing or directly generating revenue for the bank. Hence my department working hours is like 8.30-6 (I usually start 9-9.30, rarely do overtime. Pay around 7k (promotion pushing me to 8k next month on), total bonus usually 3 months for average performer (banks don’t give AWS or mid/year end unlike civil service).

thats quite competitive...the total bonus quite similar to gov actually

Unregistered 15-02-2024 02:33 PM

How long does it take for g50 to be approved? Submitted g50 on the 1st week of december have been waiting since then. MHRD did come back with rumuneration range a few back. But no news from MHRD afterwards.

Unregistered 15-02-2024 04:28 PM

Anyone roughly know when will hear back from MINDEF? Went for interview + completed a writing test.

Unregistered 20-02-2024 02:42 PM

How long does MINDEF take to make a decision/reply you; after final interview etc?

Unregistered 21-02-2024 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268906)
How long does MINDEF take to make a decision/reply you; after final interview etc?

Took them ~2 weeks when i applied in 2019

Unregistered 21-02-2024 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265332)
Edit - Is 3rd week Nov submit G50. typo error.

WOW that's a 7 months of processing from Aug~
You applied as Executive?

Unregistered 21-02-2024 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267082)
Hi all, am very new to the realm of DXO. I was recently offered a position as mgr under Service Delivery Division. But I heard scary anecdotes from the experience people in here. Just hope to clarify because the stories was like from 2022. Appreciate anyone's advice! Thank you!

It's a new unit, so there isn't any feedback about this. You could be the pioneer to share with us how is it like and whether the pay and the job scope matches? Looking forward to hear more from you.

Anyway, what's your YOE and offered remuneration?

Unregistered 21-02-2024 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268529)
Anyone roughly know when will hear back from MINDEF? Went for interview + completed a writing test.

I heard from a friend that it was more than 2 months from the interview date.

He just became a DXO in Nov 23.

Unregistered 21-02-2024 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266894)
hi, does anyone know if after submitting G50 i still have to go down for any test related to g50? if yes how long does it usually take?

It is a need-to-know basis.

If you need to be interviewed, you will know.

It will take as long as they need.

Unregistered 23-02-2024 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265907)
Any idea if mindef even hire pple in their 40's for their jobs in the 1st place?
Do share estimated % or real life case examples if any.

Yes. Many old people have been hired.

Unregistered 23-02-2024 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 261299)
Hi, any dxo working in army camp? Can share how the culture n pace are in general? Thanks.

There are many camps and bases in Sg.

Culture and pace varies from camp to camp and base to base.

Just ask during the interview.

Unregistered 23-02-2024 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260463)
Hi, I am a psychology PhD holder with 2 years research experience working at NTU. I was also a scholar. What is the monthly base pay that can I be expecting if offered a position at Defence psychology department? Also, what will the progression be like?
TIA!

Ex-scholars may be on the Civil Service blacklist.

Many units and depts will avoid ex-scholars.

If you cannot please a scholar with all the scholarship perks, then better not waste time on ex-scholars.

Unregistered 23-02-2024 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260711)
no phone in red zone still right
outside office shd have the phone locker right tio bo?

Nope, now can.

Unregistered 23-02-2024 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260918)
is it normal to be ghosted by HR during the security clearance portion?

Yes. Only successful applicants will be notified.

Unregistered 23-02-2024 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265692)
Hi everyone, any kind souls can share some light on the current remuneration on the above position? Gotten a deg with HRM, almost 10 YOE as JO. Looking for new prospect. Apart from progression, how's the annual increment and bonus for managers?

None of the local 6 govt recognized universities have HRM degree.

Your degree is probably not recognized.

Unregistered 24-02-2024 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269147)
None of the local 6 govt recognized universities have HRM degree.

Your degree is probably not recognized.

hello??? you are saying suss school of sr nathan is not recognised?

Unregistered 24-02-2024 12:15 PM

Anyone can share how is Navy-DXO culture like? Applied for a creative position but I cannot brain how regimental culture can be flexible when it comes to creative processes.

also, any shuttle bus for staff that stay at the other end of SG to support their commute to work?

Unregistered 25-02-2024 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269169)
Anyone can share how is Navy-DXO culture like? Applied for a creative position but I cannot brain how regimental culture can be flexible when it comes to creative processes.

also, any shuttle bus for staff that stay at the other end of SG to support their commute to work?

I don't know about DXO, but Navy produces good adverts

Unregistered 26-02-2024 09:22 PM

DXO manager

anyone who got offered, what’s the salary like now for people with working experience in taking up various manager role under DXO?

Unregistered 28-02-2024 03:28 PM

Hi anyone knows how long the recruitment process will take? i submitted g50 and submitted relevant HR contact, what else is there hmmm

Unregistered 04-03-2024 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269261)
I don't know about DXO, but Navy produces good adverts

Those ads are done by Pte company not Navy.

Unregistered 05-03-2024 08:22 AM

also,any shuttle bus for staff that stay at the other end of SG to support their commute to work?[/QUOTE]

Nope, but there's a naval base in Changi and Tuas. East and west covered.

Unregistered 05-03-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269327)
anyone who got offered, what’s the salary like now for people with working experience in taking up various manager role under DXO?

It depends on several factors. The job grade, your qualifications and experience.

Unregistered 05-03-2024 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266970)
Around 6 months into the job and realised I am having some job fit issues. There are however other roles in the organisation which I feel are more suitable for me. Do I have to wait for the minimum service period ( I believe mine is 2 years) before having any chance of rotation?

You really have job fit issues. Internal Mindef forum is available, yet you choose to ask in public forum.

It is on a need to know basis.

Unregistered 05-03-2024 03:19 PM

For G5O Form, who to provide for the 2 character referees? Can it be friends, or gotta be those professional type (eg. Former boss, ex colleagues etc)

Unregistered 05-03-2024 10:13 PM

Guys, for the character referees, can I provide someone professional but only know the person less than 2 years? I really dk who else to ask.

Unregistered 05-03-2024 10:53 PM

For employment history, gotta list all previous employments (including part-time work while a student/causal work etc)? Or just need to provide the latest one upon graduating from uni? Fresh grad here btw. Took up some part time/casual/short term gigs or jobs while studying in uni or during school break. Dk if it’s compulsory to include that or can leave it out. Anyone can advise? Thanks.

Unregistered 06-03-2024 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269871)
For employment history, gotta list all previous employments (including part-time work while a student/causal work etc)? Or just need to provide the latest one upon graduating from uni? Fresh grad here btw. Took up some part time/casual/short term gigs or jobs while studying in uni or during school break. Dk if it’s compulsory to include that or can leave it out. Anyone can advise? Thanks.

I suggest that you only put in the ones that you want to showcase, like relevant experience or leadership positions. If you do not have formal working experience, put up to 3 that you think will help your case.

Unregistered 06-03-2024 04:49 PM

Yea that’s what I thought as well. But having checked with HR, seems like it’s best to declare all kinds tho. So… yea I guess that’s what am doing, better play safe; worried later they think why I hiding some jobs etc etc haha. Thanks for the reply tho.

Unregistered 07-03-2024 08:08 AM

Bonus month

Hi everyone,

New here and apologies if this has been answered before.

Does anyone know when bonuses are typically paid?

Unregistered 07-03-2024 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269866)
Guys, for the character referees, can I provide someone professional but only know the person less than 2 years? I really dk who else to ask.

Just submit contact details of 2 good friends and let them know.
Try to choose friends who will not sabotage you.

Unregistered 08-03-2024 04:27 PM

Roughly how long does it take to clear G50? Fresh grad here (if it helps). No offer (verbal etc) being made, but they did mentioned something along the lines of keen to consider and formal offer will be made after clearing the security clearance.

Unregistered 09-03-2024 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 270109)
Roughly how long does it take to clear G50? Fresh grad here (if it helps). No offer (verbal etc) being made, but they did mentioned something along the lines of keen to consider and formal offer will be made after clearing the security clearance.

depends on the security level cleared. typically about 4-6 weeks. if higher, maybe 10 weeks.

Unregistered 09-03-2024 03:58 PM

Anyone know if made it till G50/security clearance step should be verbal offer coming next? Or there’s still a chance they will reject you (even if let say pass the security clearance)?

Unregistered 10-03-2024 11:20 AM

Applying Manager, DXO

Hi guys, anyone can assist? I am applying for the Manager DXO on Career Gov. While submitting the impress.ai, extracting the past secondary school results only. But the transcript for part time with SUSS and part time diploma with TP was not reflected. So where to key in the additional information for submission?

Also, do you guys submit cover letter or just resume?

Unregistered 10-03-2024 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269983)
Hi everyone,

New here and apologies if this has been answered before.

Does anyone know when bonuses are typically paid?

Last day of mar.

Unregistered 11-03-2024 11:29 AM

Just to share my current timeline:

End Jan 2024- Contacted by hiring manager/hiring team for an informal interview
Early Feb 2024- went for the informal interview
Early Feb 2024 (before CNY)- did a writing test
Mid Feb 2024 (after CNY)- meet with another hiring manager (same department tho) for an informal interview.
Early March 2024- HR contacted me to submit G50. No verbal offer, but hiring manager said formal offer will be made once cleared the G50.

Unregistered 11-03-2024 01:33 PM

What’s the pay like for fresh grad joining?