Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 25-02-2021 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 156816)
Hi All. Anyone applied for Social Welfare Officer with MOE recently?

I mis-read as senior warrant officer

Unregistered 25-02-2021 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157057)
Hi, yes I did

Just wondering have you gotten a reply from MOE? I understand it states that a reply can be expected after 4 weeks. But just curious

Unregistered 25-02-2021 08:58 PM

Outdoor Adventure Educator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157117)
Just wondering have you gotten a reply from MOE? I understand it states that a reply can be expected after 4 weeks. But just curious

I’ve gotten a reply from them about 1wk from the closing date and was shortlisted for an interview. How about you, any news yet?

Unregistered 25-02-2021 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157119)
I’ve gotten a reply from them about 1wk from the closing date and was shortlisted for an interview. How about you, any news yet?

No news yet thus far. The closing date was 5 Feb, so I’m guessing you got a reply from them at the end of January? May I ask when did you submit your application? I’m guessing no news means not shortlisted.

Unregistered 25-02-2021 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157132)
No news yet thus far. The closing date was 5 Feb, so I’m guessing you got a reply from them at the end of January? May I ask when did you submit your application? I’m guessing no news means not shortlisted.

Applied on 04/02/21
Received Update slightly after mid-Feb

Don’t lose hope! They don’t always reply on time; it takes them a few days to even months. MOE’s jobs (usually) have hundreds of applicants, so they will take some time too 💪🏼💪🏼

Unregistered 26-02-2021 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157155)
Applied on 04/02/21
Received Update slightly after mid-Feb

Don’t lose hope! They don’t always reply on time; it takes them a few days to even months. MOE’s jobs (usually) have hundreds of applicants, so they will take some time too 💪🏼💪🏼

Thank you. If you don’t mind me asking, do you have previous experience in a job of similar nature? When have they scheduled you for an interview? All the best! :)

Unregistered 26-02-2021 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157168)
Thank you. If you don’t mind me asking, do you have previous experience in a job of similar nature? When have they scheduled you for an interview? All the best! :)

Hmm nope, I only indicate my interest upon applying for this position. Thank you for kind wishes/encouragement :) I went for the interview a few days ago and mannn it was nerve-racking 🥴 but well, hopefully I get the job! Otherwise it’s another round of job searching T-T.

How about you? Do you have any previous experience prior to this job? Hopefully, you’ll get an update from them soon! :)

Unregistered 26-02-2021 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157191)
Hmm nope, I only indicate my interest upon applying for this position. Thank you for kind wishes/encouragement :) I went for the interview a few days ago and mannn it was nerve-racking 🥴 but well, hopefully I get the job! Otherwise it’s another round of job searching T-T.

How about you? Do you have any previous experience prior to this job? Hopefully, you’ll get an update from them soon! :)

I see. Did they mention when they’ll be getting back to you about whether you get the job? Glad that you managed to complete the interview! I think MOE interviews are usually pretty nerve-racking. What were some of the questions that they asked?

I have teaching experience but that’s about it, really. No experience in conducting outdoor education though.

Unregistered 26-02-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157196)
I see. Did they mention when they’ll be getting back to you about whether you get the job? Glad that you managed to complete the interview! I think MOE interviews are usually pretty nerve-racking. What were some of the questions that they asked?

I have teaching experience but that’s about it, really. No experience in conducting outdoor education though.

Nope, they don’t really disclose when they will be getting back to the interviewees and normally when you call them up, they will just tell you that it’s still in process. Although, I hope that they will reply fast. Can’t be doing nothing and just keep waiting you know but yeahh then again, they make the choice. 😌

Questions asked were pretty general.
(a) Why do you want to join this industry?
(b) Do you maintain a healthy lifestyle?
(c) Any experience in coaching or guiding students?
(d) Are you afraid of heights and water?

Ohh, teaching experience as in you taught students in Primary/Secondary Sch? For how long? I think that’s also an advantage for you! Being able to talk to a big group of students 👍🏼

Unregistered 26-02-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 157197)
Nope, they don’t really disclose when they will be getting back to the interviewees and normally when you call them up, they will just tell you that it’s still in process. Although, I hope that they will reply fast. Can’t be doing nothing and just keep waiting you know but yeahh then again, they make the choice. 😌

Questions asked were pretty general.
(a) Why do you want to join this industry?

Ohh, teaching experience as in you taught students in Primary/Secondary Sch? For how long? I think that’s also an advantage for you! Being able to talk to a big group of students 👍🏼

I told them I liked to look at gers in short skirts