Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 21-12-2020 08:45 PM

Hi, anyone applied for school Counsellor without training position? Or has experiences on this before?
Would like to find out more about the training. Given by NIE? what is the training content and can find from NIE website?
What is the pay scale?

How is the benefit working under MOE?

Unregistered 21-12-2020 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 151762)
Hi, anyone applied for school Counsellor without training position? Or has experiences on this before?
Would like to find out more about the training. Given by NIE? what is the training content and can find from NIE website?
What is the pay scale?

How is the benefit working under MOE?

Extremely hard to get in.

Unregistered 11-01-2021 04:17 PM

Hi everyone,

I have some questions with regards to the position of MOE Administration Manager at School. Appreciate if you can give some pointers/comments.

Is MOE Administration Manager a good career choice for individual who wants stability and time to do part-time master/graduate cert?

Does MOE non-teaching role follows MX Scheme?
If yes, which MX grade should I aim for if I have 8 years relevant experience. MX10?

Thank you very much for looking at my queries.

Unregistered 11-01-2021 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153143)
Hi everyone,

I have some questions with regards to the position of MOE Administration Manager at School. Appreciate if you can give some pointers/comments.

Is MOE Administration Manager a good career choice for individual who wants stability and time to do part-time master/graduate cert?

Does MOE non-teaching role follows MX Scheme?
If yes, which MX grade should I aim for if I have 8 years relevant experience. MX10?

Thank you very much for looking at my queries.

8 year experience is mx11 equiv grade

Unregistered 11-01-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153150)
8 year experience is mx11 equiv grade

Hi there, thanks for replying!

but I gather that manager post start at grade MX11A right?

MX11, DM / S.Egr
MX11a, DM / M / P Egr
MX10, M / SM / S. P Egr
MX10, SM / PM / DD / P Arc

Thank you.

Regards,
Brandon

Unregistered 11-01-2021 10:57 PM

That admin mgr role is a dead end job, theres nothing to do there to get you promoted.

Unregistered 12-01-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153180)
That admin mgr role is a dead end job, theres nothing to do there to get you promoted.

Sound pretty bad.... but the workload pretty standard day in day out? likely a trade-off for no prospect job.

Unregistered 12-01-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153212)
Sound pretty bad.... but the workload pretty standard day in day out? likely a trade-off for no prospect job.

Non teaching staff jobs in schools are like that. Depends on whether you are ok with doing work which may not even be your job in the first place

Unregistered 12-01-2021 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 153216)
Non teaching staff jobs in schools are like that. Depends on whether you are ok with doing work which may not even be your job in the first place

oo okay, seem like a role that will be easily arrowed by colleagues..

Do you know if the admin staffs are still working from home or have they returned to work at school already?

And if this role requires alot of OT? since so many arrow coming from others.

Thank you for sharing.

handsomeburger 15-01-2021 08:18 AM

Hi everyone!

i went for the interview for untrained school counsellor on the first week of Jan. i was wondering whether anyone from the good people here attended to and whether you've heard anything from MOE?