Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Job Application with MOE (non-teaching position) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1593-job-application-ministry-education-singapore-non-teaching-position.html)

Unregistered 23-10-2019 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124278)
Not true that all mangers are degree holder.. operations manager are also diploma.. i sign as OM 3-yr contract.. after 3 yrs god knows what happen, got 3 possibilities, either extend contract, emplaced to perm or become jobless.. reason i took up the job is becos will look good on my resume as i only use this as a stepping stone to a better job in future.. plus another reason i took up this post is near my house and the great working hours..

Hahaha.. true! Nice concept ! Stepping stone + great working hours !

What is the average pay scale for an OM ? OM - Considering which MX or MSO ?

Unregistered 14-11-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 124404)
Operations manager considering manager ? diploma level also.
i thought most OM / Adjunct OM are not fresh diploma leh.. Still 2k - 2.3k ? i am guessing they would asked for 4k at least ?

Actually, anybody aware of OM/Adjunct OM pay scale here..

They can be fresh, can be ex-uniformed personnel e.g ex-policemen etc. I guess these with work experience will be paid more like $3k.

I just got a call from MOE HR, and my grade is 14. Not sure how much my salary will be, but I heard something like $26 something. Although it's adjunct, but my interviewer assured me that i will get convert to permanent and even promoted in the grades based on my performance.

Unregistered 15-11-2019 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125041)
They can be fresh, can be ex-uniformed personnel e.g ex-policemen etc. I guess these with work experience will be paid more like $3k.

I just got a call from MOE HR, and my grade is 14. Not sure how much my salary will be, but I heard something like $26 something. Although it's adjunct, but my interviewer assured me that i will get convert to permanent and even promoted in the grades based on my performance.

You are right.. usually start off mx14 grade.. i got offered near to the ceiling pay, ask them can start at next grade they say cannot..the HR also brain wash me with the same words say tough contract there is progression, haha.. but ownself see see look look if after 1-2 yrs not that good just make the jump.. anyway not easy for diploma to have a go at manager roll so just took it up so that will look good in resume..

Unregistered 15-11-2019 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125068)
You are right.. usually start off mx14 grade.. i got offered near to the ceiling pay, ask them can start at next grade they say cannot..the HR also brain wash me with the same words say tough contract there is progression, haha.. but ownself see see look look if after 1-2 yrs not that good just make the jump.. anyway not easy for diploma to have a go at manager roll so just took it up so that will look good in resume..

I believe there is progression. The AM and VPA who interviewed told me so, as schools are always in need of people. But progression of course is based on your performance. And there are AM promoted to VPA. Just work your way up, be patient and I'm sure hard work will pay off.

Unregistered 15-11-2019 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125081)
I believe there is progression. The AM and VPA who interviewed told me so, as schools are always in need of people. But progression of course is based on your performance. And there are AM promoted to VPA. Just work your way up, be patient and I'm sure hard work will pay off.

Ya man i agree.. my mentor OM been in school for 25 years.. From TSO to OM then offered VPA role he reject.. anyway some usually OM have military or police background, but im not and not old too haha.. plus i dont believe in shouting at vendors to get work not.. totally not military style.. hopefully like HR says got progression.. you must also be patient with the OSO..

Unregistered 18-11-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125089)
Ya man i agree.. my mentor OM been in school for 25 years.. From TSO to OM then offered VPA role he reject.. anyway some usually OM have military or police background, but im not and not old too haha.. plus i dont believe in shouting at vendors to get work not.. totally not military style.. hopefully like HR says got progression.. you must also be patient with the OSO..

Hopefully so, just to check if you got any idea about OM ceiling pay and highest grade ?

Usually started off at MX14. However, if not promoted, what're the progression grade can OM be at the highest ?

Unregistered 18-11-2019 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 125068)

That's great that at least, you're starting with the ceiling pay, rather than paycut.. Many that i am aware, most got paycut..

Unregistered 06-02-2020 05:25 PM

Is it possible to join MOE Schools as an IT Support/Assistant(Sorry if I used the wrong term)?? Or is there even such a thing in the first place?

I'm not really sure how it works and what's the structure like, so I hope I get some answers here as I couldn't find any useful information online. I understand people who have years of experience and knowledge could apply for Officer or higher position roles but I'm not sure how a fresh grad would go about doing it for entry-level roles.

Just to clarify, I'm a fresh grad who doesn't have much experience and am looking to find my first job.

Appreciate for any helpful answers.

Unregistered 11-02-2020 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 128646)
Is it possible to join MOE Schools as an IT Support/Assistant(Sorry if I used the wrong term)?? Or is there even such a thing in the first place?

I'm not really sure how it works and what's the structure like, so I hope I get some answers here as I couldn't find any useful information online. I understand people who have years of experience and knowledge could apply for Officer or higher position roles but I'm not sure how a fresh grad would go about doing it for entry-level roles.

Just to clarify, I'm a fresh grad who doesn't have much experience and am looking to find my first job.

Appreciate for any helpful answers.

Yes there is, but they usually get from recruitment agencies, probably apply from there.

Unregistered 15-02-2020 11:02 PM

Anyone swapped from teaching track into the HQ executive positions?