Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 18-01-2023 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238908)
wtf so much ceca suddenly in my department, ceca land sia

What dept?

Actually ceca do audit is overqualified. ceca so smart all Silicon valley tech software engineering calibre

Audit n accounting is jhk tunku abdul rahman university grad do one.

Unregistered 18-01-2023 10:09 PM

already said big 4 is transitioning from jhk to a cecaland paradise

Unregistered 19-01-2023 03:15 AM

anyone can share the pay for blue corp fin? or its same across all dep

Unregistered 19-01-2023 11:57 AM

Now peak already how come so many ppl ending work so early at like 12am? All so weak? Back in my day we don’t leave office or go offline before 3am

Unregistered 19-01-2023 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238944)
Now peak already how come so many ppl ending work so early at like 12am? All so weak? Back in my day we don’t leave office or go offline before 3am

Imagine being proud of working long hours when you're earning less than half the pay of people in other industries like banking, consulting, tech for the same years of experience.

But sure, yes you're so strong. So zai. So hardworking. Lol.

Unregistered 19-01-2023 03:10 PM

Quote:

let me know if you are finding a job, my company wants to hire more ppl like you

Unregistered 19-01-2023 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 238955)
let me know if you are finding a job, my company wants to hire more ppl like you

Honestly, sg people culture in audit not bad, nobody wants to OT. Its all the ceca idiots come here work like dog (because they are dogs) OT until 3am then drag everyone along with them.... as if OTing until 3am is something to be proud of

Unregistered 19-01-2023 10:32 PM

Tell me about it. My sm beh song whole team left client place before 10pm. She talks about back in her days no one will leave before 1am, now 成何体统. Pls lar, what dinosaur era she is living. Instead of talking about productivity and output, she focus more on OT hours… no wonder dinobu bo lang ai

Unregistered 19-01-2023 10:54 PM

Hi everyone, if you guys feel jaded about peak let me share with you my journey

2009: Joined Big 4 as an Audit Associate
2011: Promoted to Audit Senior
2013: Promoted to Audit Assistant Mgr and seconded to NYC
2018: Promoted to Audit Senior Mgr
2021: Promoted to Audit Partner

I understand that peak is tough for you guys, but every dark clouds have a silver lining and look at the bright side. Big 4 is the only place that could provide you with lateral career trajectory, which translates to faster promotion and higher increments annually. During these 12 years of my career, there were many headhunters poaching me with lucrative offers. However, I rejected all these offers as my approach to career has always been a “long term investor” rather than a “short term trader”. Big 4 is equivalent to US stock market where there are many ups and downs throughout. However, if you are able to weather through all this hardships you will see lucrative gains and huge positive impact to your career as well as your life.

Unregistered 19-01-2023 11:14 PM

Quote:

You answered your own question indirectly: “back in my day”

Times have changed.

I used to work through public holidays and weekends without complain, but try asking Gen Z to do this now and I assure you they won’t be pleased.