Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1506-q-big4-yearly-salary-increment.html)

Unregistered 20-10-2021 09:46 PM

Can share more about the partner list and what isit ?
Is this for Ey ?

Unregistered 20-10-2021 10:28 PM

How u see the partners list ? Isnt partners promotion period over !

Unregistered 21-10-2021 01:37 AM

22nd nov got off ah? Can ignore emails that day?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 02:37 AM

I'm from EY. Ask me anything

Do you know EY ask staff to do elearning on weekends/ while on a job or even during their annual leave?

Why do they even bother promoting us when you dont give us time to our trainings?

Whats the point of increasing our salary, only to short change us with lesser staff in the engagment? at the end of the day, EY earns more by hiring 1 less by paying u afew dollars more.

Lets not get started with the outsourced overseas auditor they hire from phillipines to replace out talents. Is it because they are cheap? They are so incompetent. Worse still, whatever work they don't complete, we have to complete.

I have left EY to start my own company. Thank god for EY that I am able to run my company smoothly. I do so by trying to not be EY. You know what is good practice only after u seen bad practice.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 03:05 AM

I'm from EY. Ask me anything

My advice for anyone wanting to join EY.

Dont be stupid. if there was a 14th level of hell. you have found it.

The amount of crap that is left there is remarkable.

My experience there have been,

1) Seniors are lazy - they over allocate you their workload while they slack and become a reviewer role instead of helping you out. Mind you, we already have a manager and partner who is the reviewer. At any given time, you will only have 1 staff doing work, and 3 reviewers (senior, manager, partner) reviewing your work. Its no different from asking 1 fireman to put out fires from 3 arsonist. You'd run out of water.

2) A lot of Malaysians - to all Singaporeans out there, if you want to know what it's like to be a 2nd class citizen, come to EY. Malaysians here think that are the best just because they come from Ex Big 4 malaysia and have some experience under their belt. Even if they get their ranks downgraded when they join, they still behave as if they are above u. Their english is so poor, it has left the building.

You are welcomed to join us, so that you can validate what I have just said is true.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187253)

1) Seniors are lazy - they over allocate you their workload while they slack and become a reviewer role instead of helping you out. Mind you, we already have a manager and partner who is the reviewer. At any given time, you will only have 1 staff doing work, and 3 reviewers (senior, manager, partner) reviewing your work. Its no different from asking 1 fireman to put out fires from 3 arsonist. You'd run out of water.

2) A lot of Malaysians - to all Singaporeans out there, if you want to know what it's like to be a 2nd class citizen, come to EY. Malaysians here think that are the best just because they come from Ex Big 4 malaysia and have some experience under their belt. Even if they get their ranks downgraded when they join, they still behave as if they are above u. Their english is so poor, it has left the building.

You are welcomed to join us, so that you can validate what I have just said is true.

if you get bullied by foreigners on home soil, you deserve it as a loser.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187222)
Why increase in charge out rate but no pay increment

There is pay increment, only to the partners. Increase in charge out rates is just to squeeze your engagement margins so that your manager can only book staff for shorter period.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187230)
How u see the partners list ? Isnt partners promotion period over !

If you do not how it works, why bother. You are too low down the food chain. Only the senior managers themselves will know as they are enrolled in the partners program where they need to attend those internal courses and achieve certain kpis to demonstrate their leadership skills.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187253)

Not fair to say the seniors and managers are lazy lah. The seniors can now only do the high risk sections because majority are handling more than one client. Nowadays, the senior dont even have the time to review anymore.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 09:41 AM

Pls share about the partner programme with us . It wld be good to know more , some light at the end of the tunnel and keep the fire on. Is everyone on that list made partner

Unregistered 21-10-2021 09:42 AM

Ey bosses tend to promote their own right ? Alot of ceca / malaysian ?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 09:44 AM

What i meant is ey bosses tends to promote “ own team “ members right? Malaysians and ceca have strong team bonds

Unregistered 21-10-2021 09:44 AM

They always stand up for their own audit team and support the team. Sg bosses didnt support us when we died

Unregistered 21-10-2021 09:45 AM

What is the partner programme

Unregistered 21-10-2021 09:45 AM

Its not about picking on big 4 all are the same

Unregistered 21-10-2021 09:46 AM

Its easy to be comfortable with sm salary 160 k per annum is ok what

Unregistered 21-10-2021 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187280)

How can u be comfortable when SM is also mentally tortured by Partner?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 10:53 AM

Most sm i know is on the partner programme

Unregistered 21-10-2021 10:53 AM

Seems so many sm is on it, i dobt think all will make partner and maybe just to keep them in the firm .

Unregistered 21-10-2021 10:59 AM

Why is NOC being cancelled and big4 SMs and partners not being cancelled?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187127)
Oh please. The Max Loh is one of the first who keeps wayanging on newspaper about flexi work in the firm. And i tell you if there are ever 4 day work week, they will be thick skinned enough to be one of the first to implement and trumpet about it. And we all know the staff are working on their “off” days.

1 day off got what use if you don't hire more people to tank the workload and employees still have double and triple booking. They know that there will be crazy people who will still work during off so giving 1 day off will not hurt the bottom line. Instead, they can haolian they have hit their kpi by taking care of employees

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187290)
Why is NOC being cancelled and big4 SMs and partners not being cancelled?

Easier to resign then cancelling your boss.Most don't intend to stay long anyway.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187293)
1 day off got what use if you don't hire more people to tank the workload and employees still have double and triple booking. They know that there will be crazy people who will still work during off so giving 1 day off will not hurt the bottom line. Instead, they can haolian they have hit their kpi by taking care of employees

I have to work even when i am on leave and reservist. The reporters should just ask Max Loh to consider shutting down the canvas and email server during the firm off days when he haolian on his flexi policy again. This will shut him up for good.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187280)

Bro you stay in this thread too long already.

Go see the tech thread and what people there are bragging about.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187297)
Bro you stay in this thread too long already.

Go see the tech thread and what people there are bragging about.

You must first ask yourself whether you can do what they do

easy to keep comparing and whining, no wonder you guys stay poor

Unregistered 21-10-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187296)
I have to work even when i am on leave and reservist. The reporters should just ask Max Loh to consider shutting down the canvas and email server during the firm off days when he haolian on his flexi policy again. This will shut him up for good.

Or just outsource everything to EY Philippines team since they like to cut cost by outsourcing. Reservist can just tell your team you are not allowed to bring laptop to camp. Leave just don't switch on laptop. They call also ignore. What can they do? Fire you? Now not enough manpower leh. Would you want to work in such a toxic environment where you live to work?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187299)
Or just outsource everything to EY Philippines team since they like to cut cost by outsourcing. Reservist can just tell your team you are not allowed to bring laptop to camp. Leave just don't switch on laptop. They call also ignore. What can they do? Fire you? Now not enough manpower leh. Would you want to work in such a toxic environment where you live to work?

You sound like a low level staff who dont think when responding. Which camp dont allow laptop now. There are many things bosses can do to staff obviously.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187300)
You sound like a low level staff who dont think when responding. Which camp dont allow laptop now. There are many things bosses can do to staff obviously.

Say you whole day chiong sua in outfield. You think reservist whole day relax in canteen ah? Can bring laptop to outfield? At night no need to rest ah? Big 4 already know SG males have reservist disruption so they mostly hire females and work permit holders

Unregistered 21-10-2021 12:37 PM

Title change request

Can request the admin to change the title of the thread from "Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment" to "Tell me more bad things about EY"

hahahaha

Unregistered 21-10-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187308)
Can request the admin to change the title of the thread from "Q: Big4 - Yearly salary increment" to "Tell me more bad things about EY"

hahahaha

How come got so many bad things about EY. I heard BDO is equally bad and many BDO people joined EY and become managers

Unregistered 21-10-2021 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187309)
How come got so many bad things about EY. I heard BDO is equally bad and many BDO people joined EY and become managers

I love BDO audit team!!

Unregistered 21-10-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187329)
I love BDO audit team!!

BDO audit is filled with malaysians as usual
I dont think BDO have to come EY.
They have better offers.
EY dont have the luxury to afford mid tiers on the higher end scale

Unregistered 21-10-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187334)
BDO audit is filled with malaysians as usual
I dont think BDO have to come EY.
They have better offers.
EY dont have the luxury to afford mid tiers on the higher end scale

Then who will join EY? Most local and private uni grads will leave after 2 to 3 years. Who will replace them? I know got some BDO people join EY then quit once they get senior title so it doesn't resolve the senior shortage problem

Unregistered 21-10-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187337)
Then who will join EY? Most local and private uni grads will leave after 2 to 3 years. Who will replace them? I know got some BDO people join EY then quit once they get senior title so it doesn't resolve the senior shortage problem

Every year, there will be batches of new grads joining them.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187339)
Every year, there will be batches of new grads joining them.

If most quit once they are S1,s2 then still have to hire from mid tier if not firm will not have enough seniors

Unregistered 21-10-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187303)
Say you whole day chiong sua in outfield. You think reservist whole day relax in canteen ah? Can bring laptop to outfield? At night no need to rest ah? Big 4 already know SG males have reservist disruption so they mostly hire females and work permit holders

Please don’t assume everyone is as stupid and shameless as you to say whole day outfield for 2 weeks ict.

Unregistered 21-10-2021 06:15 PM

BDO is much worse than EY la, no comparison.

They have sinkie employees with 2-3 YOE on 3-3.2k per month slogging away like NOC slaves. You say leh?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 07:56 PM

Any comments about KPMG?

Unregistered 21-10-2021 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 187376)
Any comments about KPMG?

Prestigious big name clients

Unregistered 21-10-2021 09:52 PM

Hi everyone. I am a big 4 senior looking for exit opportunities towards insurance industry as a financial consultant. Would anyone be keen to advise?